Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: No contract extension for Woodley

Bookmark and Share
    Well, it's seen before that players just get so frustrated over their contract situations that they don't wish to be at a place anymore. I don't think so, and i most certainly do not hope so, but him being frustrated over this, could interfere with his play on the field. Would not be the first time. I really don't get why they don't sit down with him and tell him: "Hey look, we want you to be on this team for a long time, and we will give you a new contract as soon as possible, but with the current CBA, its not possible to give you a deal that'll work out great for both parts!" What they should have done is, they should have given him some kind of raise this year, as they have done with Johnson.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    From KDKA...

Steelers LB LaMarr Woodley On Contract Talks

LATROBE (KDKA) ― Click to enlarge 1 of 1
    LaMarr Woodley says he wants to be a Steeler next year, but the ball is in the team's court. KDKA

Close

numSlides of totalImages

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley is speaking about his future with the team.

A message posted on his Twitter page said: "Negotiations for contract extension is over 50/50 if I'm wearing black and gold next yr."

He talked about the tweet after practice Monday.

"I guess that means we're not going to do [a] deal this year," he said. "Maybe something will come at the end of the season."

KDKA's Bob Pompeani: "So you're okay with that?"

Woodley: "Ain't nothing I can do about it. Like I've been saying, ain't no use of getting mad over things you can't control. You know, all I can do is get out here and continue to play football, go out here and help this team win a championship."

Pompeani: "So that means next year, you go in and you could be free to do whatever you want to do, so what would be the odds of you coming back here?"

Woodley: "I don't know. I guess I have to leave that up to the Steelers. If they allow me to get into that situation, you know, pretty much the ball is in their court. You know, everything is on them."

Pompeani: "But you want to be back if all things are equal?"

Woodley: "Definitely, definitely, c'mon. I love playing for this team – defense, fans [are] good, tradition – I mean wherever I play football, I like to stay. I don't like to move around that much."

Pompeani: "But in any event you have a lot to play for. If you have a good year, your market value is going to skyrocket."

Woodley: "I plan on having a big year."

Thread Information