Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No contract extension for Woodley

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    They know they need every cent they have to address the Tackle position on this team and really get some depth at Guard now too depending on how things get shuffled around. I'm sure the Steelers have every intention of bringing Wood back; they know he's a franchise type player and the impact he has is second to none.

Given the situation with the Tackles right now and the fact that they can't give him all the money he wants based on the 30% rule, I'm quite sure they've talked to him and told him, "look we want you here for the long term, we can't give you big money right now until atleast you become a Free Agent. So sit tight and we'll get a deal done with you before you hit the market next year." This team is thin at experienced linebackers right now especially on the outside. There's no guarantee that our draft picks will pan out so keeping Wood around is in their best interest.

I agree,they said that to Harrison as well the year before his new contract (they told him to play for 1.1 million that season and they would take care of him in his new contract) and the Steelers held to their word with Harrison, so I am sure they said the same thing to Woodley.

Waterboy

Lamar

Maybe we will trade him for a fifth round draft pick!

My Mood
    Addicted
    He's going nowhere. After the CBA's in place they work a deal.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Woodley is being very professional about this for the most part; he's at camp doing his thing and greeting the fans and putting this behind him as much as he can. The Steelers have their reasons for handling this the way they are, and players don't always agree with it (hell I probably wouldn't either if I were in his shoes), but when you do well and perform the Steelers will reward you. Wood will get his deal, there is little if any doubt of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Woodley is being very professional about this for the most part; he's at camp doing his thing and greeting the fans and putting this behind him as much as he can. The Steelers have their reasons for handling this the way they are, and players don't always agree with it (hell I probably wouldn't either if I were in his shoes), but when you do well and perform the Steelers will reward you. Wood will get his deal, there is little if any doubt of that.
    they should give him a bonus this year... one sack and he gets 2 million.

that should hold him over.

Gold Standard
    I agree with those who think Woodley will get his deal. The Steeler FO has said as much. They have absolutely no intentions of letting one of the best OLB in the league slip out of their fingers. I'm sure that Lamar is hearing positive things from the management about being patient and he will be rewarded. I don't even think that he has hit his prime yet.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Wood just tweeted today that there will be no more contract talks before the season starts, right now he feels it's 50-50 if he'll be back next year.

This is him venting his frustration over wanting to get the money he deserves, I can't really fault him too much for that because we all know he will get his payday but that he wants it sooner rather than later. The Steelers will get the deal done, they know how valuable he is. The timing isn't always the best, but they will make this happen before he hits the market either by a new deal or the franchise tag.

The CBA is yet to be determined, and who knows how many tags a team will have at their disposal.

Starter
    don't mean to throw this out there, but ... does any1 think Woodley is on the juice??

Yeah pay him his regular salary + $100,000 per sack.

Quote Originally Posted by steelers4life66 View Post
    He's going nowhere. After the CBA's in place they work a deal.
    certainly hope so dude. if they were stupid enough to let him go i would break things. lots of things. that would **** me off more than any other player they let go whether it's woodson, lloyd, peezy, etc.

Thread Information