Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No contract extension for Woodley

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I'd rather have Woodley then Harrison. Just sayin...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

He will get his money(next season )and be in the black and gold for a long time!!

Quote Originally Posted by roosterray View Post
    He will get his due, he practically willed us with Harrison to the title. He has been a beast and deserves to be paid. We have to show more patience with the new ownership style. a bit slower and methodical but we are slowly building the team back up from this off season. I'm very sure they are spending more time right now on figuring out what to do with the Oline and with the CBA coming up, its been obvious for a lot of teams to not do long term deals this year.
    HA, bringing in randel el, foote, battle, and probably townsend soon isnt slowing building up, its moving backwards

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    They will get a deal done with Woodley or they will Franchise him either way he's not leaving the black and gold, they just extended Tomlin for 3 more years so i expect them to franchise Woodley this off season until they can get a long term contract done with him, that's if they don't sign him to a deal before the seasons starts, i believe they are really waiting to see what happens with the Cap situation for 2011 if there is one before resigning Woodley

TOTALLY AGREE!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    HA, bringing in randel el, foote, battle, and probably townsend soon isnt slowing building up, its moving backwards
    Not compared to what we had on the field at the end of last year. Maybe moving backward from what you, or most of us, want to see but still an improvement.

Starter
    Woodley is easily one of the best young pass rushers in the league and deserves to be paid as such .. the deal we made with harrison is going to cause problems both from a budget perspective as well as a baseline for LW's contract imo ..

My Mood
    Impatient
    Keep in mind there is no guarantee of a franchise tag next season. I am sure the Rooneys are well aware of what is happening withe the CBA and will keep Woodley. It just may or may not be before this season when he gets his deal.

do you think that with the CBA next year that the rooney's will change thing up just for this time and wettle contracts during the year?

My Mood
    Impatient
    I dont think there will be a CBA until after this season, so no. I will not be surprised if the Rooneys dont resign Woodley until after this season. I hope they do and I want to keep Woodley, but I dont think he'll hit his pay day until after the season. He is taking this news well, you almost wonder if someone from the FO has told him whats going on and that he will be offered a contract when its not governed by a 30% rule.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They know they need every cent they have to address the Tackle position on this team and really get some depth at Guard now too depending on how things get shuffled around. I'm sure the Steelers have every intention of bringing Wood back; they know he's a franchise type player and the impact he has is second to none.

Given the situation with the Tackles right now and the fact that they can't give him all the money he wants based on the 30% rule, I'm quite sure they've talked to him and told him, "look we want you here for the long term, we can't give you big money right now until atleast you become a Free Agent. So sit tight and we'll get a deal done with you before you hit the market next year." This team is thin at experienced linebackers right now especially on the outside. There's no guarantee that our draft picks will pan out so keeping Wood around is in their best interest.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 07-13-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Thread Information