Thread: 2011 RB debate

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

2011 RB debate

so we are on two different threads so I wanted to start this one about my boy demarco murray .. he is a serious baller for sure .. no way outside of the 1st round

for me ..
    1. Murray
    2. Williams/Ingram

Demarco Murray is faaast ...

--- Added 8/16/2010 at 06:17 PM ---

in fact i would not be surprised if he went in the top 10 .. look at the play at 1:30 .. the man has wheels

wheels dont get you top 10, if that were the case noel devine would be a LOCK

ill make a list later

Starter
    but they don't keep you out ... if you find someone with better splash plays let me know .. people are going to start with the cj spiller comps and then it is going to get more crowded on the demarco murray boat imo .. what tape did spiller have that was so much better? is it the injuries people are sketch on?

ingram is good .. i personally like williams more, but they don't have big-play ability like murray..

murray can cut, it is not all str8 line with him ..

k, quit holdin out on us man .. really looking forward to your rankings ..

the thing with spiller is he looks like a younger clinton portis (clinton portis is now 35 pouncds heavier just proving the redskins are square peg into a round hole champions of the universe), hes fast, got insane cutting ability and was the top back in a fairly weak RB class.

murray has some serious explosion to him, but hes brittle and that 4.33 speed could make him a viable threat out of the backfield as both a runner and receiver, however he lacks the legs (like mcfadden did/does) to be an option as a starting RB and you dont take RBs in the first with the intentions of using them on 3rd down. The exception is reggie bush but reggie bush was an elite talent (at WR imo) but regardless hes a receiving back at this point in his career which was his best fit all along.

now by all means if he stays healthy and has a big year murray could sneak into the first round....if moreno and ryan ****ing matthews can go 12th, you can see teams arent afraid to reach for average RB prospects with the hopes of making them great

right now my RB rankings would be

Ryan Williams- A north/south runner with strong legs, great athleticism, and 4.4 speed. very productive and will be the top RB taken next year because he has a much higher ceiling than ingram

Mark Ingram- While theres nothing to not like about him, hes pretty much maxed out on potential. what you see with him is what you get. a safe prospect that will get you the tough yards and be able to carry the work load. Hopefully he likes playing football more than glenn coffee, but he often draws comparisons to emmitt smith and ray rice...which is accurate to some extent. hed be the RB of choice if it were 1987, but hes not a game changer, i wouldnt be shocked if he slipped to the second round honestly...hes alot of heisman hype at the moment

Daniel Thomas- Im pretty high on thomas because for a bigger guy hes got good speed and power and is a decisive one cut runner, i think he will shoot up the boards this season, hes one that people arent really talking about.

Noel Devine- Im much higher on devine than most people....hes an amazing player and pound for pound one of the strongest people on the planet. at 5-8 175 he can bench over 300 pounds (in HS) and has damn near a 600 pound squat. thats beyond ridiculous. he has ridiculous speed and has lived up to his youtube HS hype, he gets nearly 9 yards a carry. Hes a tiny person but has the power of a big back, not saying hes an every down RB in the NFL, but i cant think of a team that wouldnt want him on their side. he will be twice the player sproles is.

Demarco Murray- Like i said before he will have a chance to stay healthy and show everyone he can carry the load this year, but i think this RB class lacks star power and is just gonna be littered with RBs in rounds 2-4. Not bad players, but guys who are limited in what they can do. Murray looks like a late second rounder to me at this point, hes got a year to show what hes got though hopefully he can stay healthy. Very versatile and probably a better overall RB than devine (and rodgers) based on his size but i just like them better.

Jacquizz Rodgers- Hes another little guy, hes got tremendous bulk though for a tiny back, his bulk is way better than devine for his size, hes just not as strong or fast as devine. he will be criticized for his size along with devine but both guys have the bodies to play at a high level in the NFL

Shane Vereen- Hes got alot of work to do this season to lock in his draft stock in the 2nd round, but he did good replacing javid best when he was injured so hes another one that people arent really talking about that will have a chance to be in the top 2 round discussion.

Evan Royster- Another penn state RB that will disappoint, hes not really great at anything, doesnt really have good work ethic, isnt a burner, isnt overly powerful, put some some weight in a bad way this offseason and i really just dont like him as an NFL RB, 4th round at best imo. He might want to look into a career in lacrosse. Third down guy in the pros, very low ceiling to ever be a capable starter

Starter
    good stuff ..

definitely agree with you on thomas and i have also been following devine since hs .. he is going to be the man imo .. for me tho it would be murray, williams, ingram, a very close 4th thomas, devine, royster ..

i just think murray has much better feet than d-mac

devine has the best HS scouting film ive ever seen from any player. period. if he can put on 10 pounds this year watch out cause hes a rare talent despite his size

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I agree about Ryan Williams....He is one of favorite players in college football......He will be a beast.....

Nice breakdown of the RB's Ktrain......

id LOVE devine in the second or 3rd....well rounded back in mendenhall, a hammer in dwyer, and a do it all scat back whos so dangerous all the time in devine. thats a run game no one wants any part of imo

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    id LOVE devine in the second or 3rd....well rounded back in mendenhall, a hammer in dwyer, and a do it all scat back whos so dangerous all the time in devine. thats a run game no one wants any part of imo
    Ktrain I agree Devine is a special talent and size doesn't matter at all with him......If the Steelers drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd then I wouldn't object at all.......

You guys are over the top!

How do you guys get the knowledge you do? I am extremely impressed!

Kyle... you seriously need to be looking for work as a scout for a professional ball club.

Sorry for the interruption fellas..... carry on.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Thread Information