Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **MUST SEE**First real interview with Ben since Georgia incident

Duke of 531
    how did you arrive at the conclusion that he is a dirt bag. Because he banged some tramp in the john or because your mother-in-laws second cousin twice removed said he wouldn't sign an autograph or maybe your the waiter who gave lousy service and still feels that he deserves a big tip because the person he's serving is wealthy. The people i take issue with are the so called steeler fans who are calling him a rapist (he didn't rape anyone) and then say i support the steelers but i wan't to see big ben fall on his face...YOU CANT HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO... so i am reminding the true steeler fans that have stood beside the steelers and BIG BEN to call all you so called fans out when ben runs for a touchdown to win the game and you start whooping it up. Ben Roethlisberger is a part of the steelers wether you like it or not (not my decision the rooneys decision) and if you can't or won't support big ben then you can't support the steelers... The dog pound awaits all you folks get there as fast as possible and don't return... GO Steelers... GO BIG BEN

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't recall anyone calling him a dirt bag. I don't think he's a dirt bag at all. I think he could be a little bit nicer to the fans and have better judgement when it comes to what bars to go to on a Saturday night, but in no way do I think that he's a dirt bag. I don't think anyone has been saying they want him to fall on his face either. You can't be a Steelers fan and want them to do well and also want your starting franchise quarterback to fall on his face..what sense does that make? Being a fan does not mean that you have to like every player on the team and approve of every move that they make. You think diehard Redskins fans love Haynesworth for stomping on Andre Gurode's head, or diehard Ravens fans think it's amazing that Ray Lewis killed someone...(most of them). No, but they still respect what they do on the field. What they do outside of football is completely seperate from what their personal lives are. Even though some people might not be exactly keen on Ben, they still want to see him win football games for the STEELERS. The TEAM that they support.

Duke of 531
    steelersbabeex25 i'm still new to this site and perhaps there aren't a lot of people calling him a dirt bag on this site but on lots of other sites cbs, facebook and countless others there are countless people claiming to be diehard steeler fans wishing he was dead or worse. Most if not all of these people have never had a personal dealing with the man and go by what other people have told them (99.9% untrue) but alas they hold these statements as dogma. The steeler's success and big ben's success are one and the same all i'm saying is that the people calling him a rapist and the ones hoping his career goes downhill are not steeler fans. I know it's painful to have your fanhood stripped but if this is you consider yourself stripped... believe me these people are out there GO STEELERS

My Mood
    Addicted
    Okay this is All I'm saying is that it's nobody's right to say that if you don't like a player then you aren't a true fan. And from my own personal experiences, I can say that Ben does not, in fact, appreciate his fans as much as we would all like him to. However, as long as he is a Pittsburgh Steeler, you better believe that I will always root for him to score that winning touchdown on the field.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is4URfXJwM4[/MEDIA]

Duke of 531
    steelersbabeex25 and larrynj i've got one question i'm as tired about talking about ben as the next person but i guess if you don't reside in pittsburgh you aren't constantly barraged with this stuff... Is is possible to be a loyal and dedicated steelers fan and openly or secretly wish for Ben Roethlisberger's career to go down in flames? This is a yes or no question end of story... GO STEELERS

My Mood
    Addicted
    Uhh..thought I've made it pretty clear that I don't want Ben's career to go down in flames AT ALL. He's an amazing player and he's done great things for the Steelers, and I hope he continues to.

Duke of 531
    yes or no to the question... i didn't ask if you want his career to go down in flames

Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    steelersbabeex25 and larrynj i've got one question i'm as tired about talking about ben as the next person but i guess if you don't reside in pittsburgh you aren't constantly barraged with this stuff... Is is possible to be a loyal and dedicated steelers fan and openly or secretly wish for Ben Roethlisberger's career to go down in flames? This is a yes or no question end of story... GO STEELERS
    I'm guess I'm lucky to be constantly barraged with Michael Vick stuff.

Yes.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The implication is that you were asking me..and that's a trick question. If Ben Roethlisberger doing badly means the Steelers doing badly, then no. Otherwise, yes.

Thread Information