Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger cleared by NFL to return to Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    no mood

Roethlisberger cleared by NFL to return to Steelers

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has advised Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers that the quarterback is cleared to return to team activities next week, league spokesman Greg Aiello announced Thursday.

The Steelers are scheduled to hold voluntary organized team activities next Tuesday through Thursday.

Goodell's decision is based on the reports and recommendations of medical experts who have worked with Roethlisberger, according to Aiello. Goodell hasn't made a decision regarding any amendment to Roethlisberger's six-game suspension.

The commissioner will review Roethlisberger's progress before the regular season as the quarterback attempts to repair his image and reputation following sexual-assault allegations. Goodell could reduce the suspension to four games, but Aiello said failure to cooperate and follow the commissioner's plan could result in a longer ban for Roethlisberger.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
    finally
    Last edited by SteelJunkie; 05-27-2010 at 07:02 PM.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

Big Ben can practice next week!

Goodell clears Roethlisberger to return to Steelers next week

NFL.com

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has advised Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers that the quarterback is cleared to return to team activities next week, league spokesman Greg Aiello announced Thursday.

The Steelers are scheduled to hold voluntary organized team activities next Tuesday through Thursday.

Goodell's decision is based on the reports and recommendations of medical experts who have worked with Roethlisberger, according to Aiello. Goodell hasn't made a decision regarding any amendment to Roethlisberger's six-game suspension.

The commissioner will review Roethlisberger's progress before the regular season as the quarterback attempts to repair his image and reputation following sexual-assault allegations. Goodell could reduce the suspension to four games, but Aiello said failure to cooperate and follow the commissioner's plan could result in a longer ban for Roethlisberger.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is GREAT news, finally Ben can get back to the team and start participating with the young players to get ready for the season. I have no doubt he'll stay within the guidelines the league set for him so he can get that suspension reduced to 4 games and get back on the field.

Starter
    sweet

Well if he shows something in the way he has grown , then i will give a crap ! Until then , who really cares . Proof must be shown before i converse on the Ben Bandwagon !
    Crippled our image . He has a lot to prove . He needs to take his job and position a little more seriously . Only he has the keys to the car now !

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettysburgh_Steel View Post
    Well if he shows something in the way he has grown , then i will give a crap ! Until then , who really cares . Proof must be shown before i converse on the Ben Bandwagon !
    Crippled our image . He has a lot to prove . He needs to take his job and position a little more seriously . Only he has the keys to the car now !
    Yes, he tarnished our image...he seriously smeared his own image...but the Steeler nation needs to give him the chance to rejoin the family and redeem himself by hard work and a display of attitude adjustment without wagging our fingers in his face and spouting venom if for no other reason then to respect the wishes of the Rooneys. They have proven that they do Have A Clue over and over again.

Waterboy
    Good news indeed. The onlything better is when it's announced his suspension has been reduced to 4 games and then when he's back on the field.

Yes...the ball is in Ben's court now. He has control over his actions and whether he can win some respect of his fans, teammates, coaches and family. I wish him the best and hope he turns the corner with all of this. He has to want to be a better person before this happens though.

Ben will play all season with a huge chip on his shoulder, which is a good thing IMO!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    So once the season starts he wont be allowed around again?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information