Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ho-Hum, Here Comes the SI Article

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

Ho-Hum, Here Comes the SI Article

Just when we start to put this entire thing behind us and get ready for OTA's and training camp, here comes Sports Illustrated and their 'investigative report' on Ben being a real jack@$$. What is being told here that we have not already heard??? Man I hope we kick the crap out of everyone this year shut the media up....

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

The media / fans have a right to bash him. He's a dumbass!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Just when we start to put this entire thing behind us and get ready for OTA's and training camp, here comes Sports Illustrated and their 'investigative report' on Ben being a real jack@$$. What is being told here that we have not already heard??? Man I hope we kick the crap out of everyone this year shut the media up....
    It really hasnt begun... Wait til traing camp when Ben can be there, and the Dixon/Lefty/Batch competition heats up. More media, more hype, hell its only gonna get worse.

What if they lose their first, second, third game? ... all you'll hear about is how were suffering with out our QB. If we win those games... all your hear about is whether there is a qb controversy in Pittsburgh. Either way this is gonna get worse, as far as media coverage... the only way to solve this is to win til he gets back and win with him!!!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    ... the only way to solve this is to win til he gets back and win with him!!!
    Well, that's the only we would like to see anyway....
    It can end up with us being in the basement too, though even with the situation, I would say that is unlikely.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    The media / fans have a right to bash him. He's a dumbass!
    You won't get an argument from on the fact he's an idiot, but let's face it, if this were happening in Dallas it wouldn't be as big a deal. It's because of our proud heritage and tradition and the fact that people now have an opportunity to rake us over the coals.

--- Added 5/5/2010 at 01:53 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    It really hasnt begun... Wait til traing camp when Ben can be there, and the Dixon/Lefty/Batch competition heats up. More media, more hype, hell its only gonna get worse.

What if they lose their first, second, third game? ... all you'll hear about is how were suffering with out our QB. If we win those games... all your hear about is whether there is a qb controversy in Pittsburgh. Either way this is gonna get worse, as far as media coverage... the only way to solve this is to win til he gets back and win with him!!!

Very true. I'm hoping to get to training camp again this year too. Probably end having to fight off ESPN camermen to get anywhere near the facility.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

When and if this team loses the first 3-4 games, Ben will get the blunt of the abuse, this little situation will become HUGE!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

This is the article if anyone is interested in reading it...
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...85/1/index.htm

just got the issue in the mail. i don't plan on reading it anytime soon. i'm so sick of the big ben drama. sick of talking/reading/listening/watching it. quite frankly, no chargers were filed, goodell reviewed the case, suspended him, END OF STORY. how much more can this be talked about? especially since every article/tv segment/etc repeats the same stuff OVER AND OVER AND OVER. jesus, the media and everone else needs to let it go already.

My Mood
    Addicted
    They have to sell copies somehow..

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    They have to sell copies somehow..
    agree. and i decided to read it. it was actually a pretty good article. brings up a good point how ben's entourage seems to be full of enablers who never question any of his actions. they feed his ego and his thought process that he can do no wrong because he is a $100 million+, 2-time super bowl champion franchise quarterback who is above the rules. also brought up video footage that was shot by kdka employees (and never aired) of ben riding his motorcycle with no helmet AFTER THE ACCIDENT and flipping off the cameraman. he really thinks he's invincible. hopefully that changes. anyway, i'm done speaking about ben. TIRED OF THIS SUBJECT AND THEN SOME AND THEN SOME AND THEN SOME!

Thread Information