Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Comp...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

QB Comp...

Steelers | Will know QB pecking order before camp
    Comment (0)
    Fri, 14 May 2010 10:33:58 -0400

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said he will know how the quarterback depth chart will look before the start of training camp but likely will not announce his choices, reports NFL.com. "Really, it's not a three-man quarterback competition at this point," Tomlin said. "We know what all three men are capable of doing. All three men, at different points in time, have benefited us and helped us win football games or played winning football. We know what we're working with. We're going to spend the rest of this offseason teaching, re-acclimating in some cases -– as with [QB Byron Leftwich] -– and then we're going to make decisions and move forward."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/30/NFL#ixzz0nviQRVy4

To me this sounds like its between Leftwich and Dixon, with Leftwich in the lead. I really would like to see Dixon get a shot tho.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    You're better at reading between the lines than me then...I took it at face value and it did not seem like he favored anyone though his mind is probably close to if not made up already.
    I with you, I want to see what Dixon can do for an extended amount of playing time.

getting dixon the start in the 4 games will add value to our roster if he succeeds or open a door for a new qb draft pick in 2011.. leftwich has a set value and it will not change much if he plays or not. to have dixon succeed will only help this team all around. he has to start. its the perfect timing to get him the experience he lacks.. he starts IMO
    Last edited by coldrolled; 05-14-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    getting dixon the start in the 4 games will add value to our roster if he succeeds or open a door for a new qb draft pick in 2011.. leftwich has a set value and it will not change much if he plays or not. to have dixon succeed will only help this team all around. he has to start. its the perfect timing to get him the experience he lacks.. he starts IMO
    I couldn't agree more. Lets see what Dixon can do, the schedule for the first four games isnt excruciating. We don't need another St. Pierre or Tee Martin career 3rd stringer. Put it on film as Tomlin likes to say , if he falters throw Leftwich in.

My Mood
    Impatient
    I very much want Dixon to be the starter until he shows that he will hurt the team. I am not sure finding out 24 hours before the game that you are starting a Sunday night game vs the Ravens is really going to be the best assessment of his abilities. I really want to see what Dixon can do.

Signs point to Leftwich as starter

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 14, 2010 6:50 PM ET
    Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said this week that it's not really a "three-man competition" to determine who will start at quarterback while Ben Roethlisberger is suspended.

"We know what all three men are capable of doing," Tomlin said.

Just a guess, but we took that to mean Charlie Batch isn't part of the competition. Tomlin also said he will know his quarterback pecking order before training camp starts, even if he doesn't make the information public.

We didn't know what that meant.

ESPN's Adam Schefter thinks he has a clue. He said on NFL Live Friday that the job is Byron Leftwich's to lose.

Leftwich ran with the first team at Pittsburgh's recent minicamp. The team explained that by saying they wanted to get him back up to speed after spending last year in Tampa Bay.

Dennis Dixon played well in his one start last year, but Leftwich has more experience and the Steelers seem to like the leadership he brings to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Signs point to Leftwich as starter

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 14, 2010 6:50 PM ET
    Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said this week that it's not really a "three-man competition" to determine who will start at quarterback while Ben Roethlisberger is suspended.

"We know what all three men are capable of doing," Tomlin said.

Just a guess, but we took that to mean Charlie Batch isn't part of the competition. Tomlin also said he will know his quarterback pecking order before training camp starts, even if he doesn't make the information public.

We didn't know what that meant.

ESPN's Adam Schefter thinks he has a clue. He said on NFL Live Friday that the job is Byron Leftwich's to lose.

Leftwich ran with the first team at Pittsburgh's recent minicamp. The team explained that by saying they wanted to get him back up to speed after spending last year in Tampa Bay.

Dennis Dixon played well in his one start last year, but Leftwich has more experience and the Steelers seem to like the leadership he brings to the team.
    if he plays like he played in tampa. dixon is a shoe in.

Dixon has the brightest spot that he could ever hope for . He is the "heir apparent ". His time may be upon him now . He has a good showing , and i am starting him too , Bens days has a number on them . Byron is a legitament back up too . One thing i want to say is that Batch is no pushover either . I will go out on the limb , and say that Batch starts the season as our starting QB . He has everything under his belt , and does deserve the chance to be the man . If he can't , then yes Dixon is the man .

Give me Dixon...

Batch is the man.

Thread Information