Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben's head trauma to blame?

Bookmark and Share

Ben's head trauma to blame?

This was an interesting article I thought, that made some interesting points. Ben's head has been through some major sh*t. The motorcycle accident and the concussions that have followed. The article mentions that "people who suffer repeated head injuries often exhibit signs of aggression, childishness, impaired self-control, inappropriate sexual activity and alcohol abuse, according to the National Institutes of Health". This matches up with Ben's behavior the last couple of years fairly well. I don't know, Ben has made some really dumb decisions, and so many people say that it just "isn't in his character"... well could all the head trauma be to blame? I'm not saying this is the cause, but I thought it was an interesting look at the problems Big Ben has gotten into with his "little Ben".

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...Trauma/2496843
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

I read this and think this could only be used as an excuse. No, he was a douche before his accident and concussions.

thats a reach lol

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    NO...its not a reach at all...the field I work in allows me to see this very thing every week...also, the volunteer work I do I have seen closed head injuries alter personalities and change behavior --check the medical journals--I think this is a very likely scenario--I brought this very subject up before in another post. The problem is that if this is true then Ben cannot continue to sustain head injuries.

he was a douche in college and always (like any college male) tried to get drunk and bang some girls....this isnt unusual behavior at all lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he was a douche in college and always (like any college male) tried to get drunk and bang some girls....this isnt unusual behavior at all lol
    Ben has no one to blame but himself, Cowher told the @$$ hole to ride his bike with a helmet he didn't...like KTrain said he likes to wrestle girls panties off with out paying for em, i read a article today that said the reason he had body guards was because a boyfriend at a bar pulled his gun on Ben when he found Ben talking to his girlfriend, Ben has to stop thinking with the wrong head that's all...Just because no charges were filed against Ben does not mean he's innocent. If this article is true then Ben should retire and get some help since the accident and concussions is making him act this way...

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    Ben has no one to blame but himself, Cowher told the @$$ hole to ride his bike with a helmet he didn't...like KTrain said he likes to wrestle girls panties off with out paying for em, i read a article today that said the reason he had body guards was because a boyfriend at a bar pulled his gun on Ben when he found Ben talking to his girlfriend, Ben has to stop thinking with the wrong head that's all...Just because no charges were filed against Ben does not mean he's innocent. If this article is true then Ben should retire and get some help since the accident and concussions is making him act this way...
    This is what I am saying...I hope they get all the imaging of his brain possible and then decide if he has a true closed head injury or not--if he does we need to start and keep Dixon if he doesn't then he's just a "douche bag" to quote KTrain and needs a good *** kicking--oh wait, the Commish already took care of that!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    The bigger problem within this entire 'brain scan and evaluation thing' is not whether or not this is the cause or a cause of his behavior but rather, imagine the precedent this could set for the future of players in the league! Any player who gets so much as a parking ticket could then be ordered to undergo psychological testing. The power the league office would have over players would be beyond our imaginations. Any eval deemed to be less than satisfactory could cost a guy his career. How do we know BR's report won't come back with all kinds of red flags with everything from concussions to his dad didn't play catch with him enough as a child. I am in no way defending BR's actions, but does anyone else see my point here? He is clearly being made the poster child for bad behavior and this thing could easily snowball. Did Pac-Man have an eval like this???

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

From everything I've read he's been like this prior to becoming a Steeler so it has nothing to do with that accident. But I can go to the local strip of bars and see the same behavior from 90% of the guys. Guess there's alot of head injuries...

Ben is a ****ing badass

Thread Information