Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our draft through three rounds

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Our draft through three rounds

Rd One - Pouncey - remember last year when we needed to address the O line in the draft and really didn't - this year we get a contributor who will step in immediately
    Rd Two - starting to go downhill - Worilds is a special teamer and backup. While I like the build and track record of the kid I sure thought there were some higher needs - didn't Rooney talk in the offseason about getting players playing earlier?
    Rd Three - This was another head scratcher. I've only seen him play the slot - I would think this is where 'Twan is going to play this year. People may think Twan is old but he caught 50 balls or more for the last three years with Jason Campbell throwing him the ball.

Conclusion thus far - Besides Pouncey I don't see much immediate contribution from these three. I like it for "building the stables", but we need some improvement this year - as you recall we had an embarassing season for the ages last year - lost to the Chiefs (I was there), Raiders, Browns...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I thought Pitt would get either a safety, the top rated guard or a corner (haden)...
    then SF shot drafting the guard in the foot, Clev did the same with haden and earl thomas was gone....
    CB's mcCourty, jackson and robinson were off the board by the time the 2nd round came around. Pitt took a DE (Worilds) and going to change him to a LB, just like Gildon, porter, and Woodley. why??? we need depth, but we have more important needs at the 2nd round??

Don't we need CB or safety depth???
    3rd round, a wr???

hello, DB help????
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Rookie Free Agent
    yeah, i wanted haden and would've taken him over pouncey. some of the mocks had him slipping to us, but that got blown up quick. now we get to face him twice a year. If we don't see a cb worth grabbing early we've got to go for anthony dixon - you need two rbs in today's nfl and this guy is a horse who can definitely push the pile. he also has nice hands and does a good job picking up the blitz!

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    I like Anthony Dixon or Lagarette Blount in the 5th round. I cannot believe they drafted Woirlds in the 2nd round, I literally spit my beer out at the bar. With all that talent on the board, we take a scrub with durability issues who is gonna sit on the bench. Good Game Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin.....Anyhow, Perrish Cox is still on the board also AOA is there. I just hope they make up for their stupidity on day 2. (I doubt it tho)

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_43 View Post
    I like Anthony Dixon or Lagarette Blount in the 5th round. I cannot believe they drafted Woirlds in the 2nd round, I literally spit my beer out at the bar. With all that talent on the board, we take a scrub with durability issues who is gonna sit on the bench. Good Game Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin.....Anyhow, Perrish Cox is still on the board also AOA is there. I just hope they make up for their stupidity on day 2. (I doubt it tho)
    your talking ****, worilds doesnt have durability issues

dont ****ing write what you dont ****ing know

Rookie Free Agent
    "After missing all but two games as a true freshman in 2006 due to a shoulder injury, Worilds started to make an impact in 2007... He has a ton of talent and athleticism, but some teams may shy away from him because of the injury concerns", from: http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2472

I'm not sure if you're his brother or a Hokie yourself Steeldawg - but follow your own advice, don't post what you don't know and evidently haven't researched

My Mood
    Addicted
    Wow he missed two ****ing games.

NO DURABILITY ISSUES AFTER WATCHING HIM ALOT.

No im just a hokie fan

Supposedly were gonna run the ball more this year right?? See what happened to Willie, we run the wheels off him. Mendy needs help, I see a RB soon....
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Supposedly were gonna run the ball more this year right?? See what happened to Willie, we run the wheels off him. Mendy needs help, I see a RB soon....
    give me blount in the 5th

Same here...He won't last long make a move if need be!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    give me blount in the 5th
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information