Thread: Rahim Moore

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Rahim Moore

Had 10 interceptions last year.

He is the next Ed Reed as far as ballhawking imo, even more of a ballhawk than Earl Thomas.

If we have a bad year, our secondary fails again, should we draft him, I bet he could start just 1 year into his career, he would be a great tandem with Troy Polamalu.

I am liking me some Peterson next year!
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted

UCLA - Rahim is one of the best, if not the best, returning safety in the nation ... An All-American a year ago, he is a top candidate for post-season awards, including the Thorpe Award, presented annually to the nation's top defensive back ... Enjoyed an outstanding sophomore campaign in which he made more interceptions than any FBS player since 1993 ... Has started all 25 career games ... Was the first true freshman to start every game as a position player since cornerback Matt Ware in 2001 ... Possesses great size, speed and instincts for the position ... His career total of 13 interceptions is tied for No. 7 on the school's all-time list entering his junior season.

2009 - Started all 13 games at free safety ... Led the nation with 10 interceptions ... Selected first-team All-America by scout.com, second-team by Walter Camp Foundation, AP, rivals.com and si.com ... Third-team All-America pick by Sporting News and Phil Steele ... First-team All-Pac-10 selection by league's coaches ... Named Pac-10 Defensive MVP by Sporting News and first-team all-league ... Named co-defensive winner of UCLA's Henry R. 'Red' Sanders Award for Most Valuable Player ... Received high honorable mention for Thorpe Award ... His total of 10 interceptions ranked No. 2 (Carlton Gray - 11 in 1991) on school single-season list ... No player in the Football Bowl Subdivision had made 10 interceptions in a season since 2003 ... Interception average of 0.77/g led the nation ... Ranked second in NCAA and first in Pac-10 in passes defensed (1.31) ... Recorded three interceptions in season opener against San Diego State to tie school single-game mark -- Ron Carver (1971), Craig Rutledge (1986), Darryl Henley (1986) ... Moore was named Walter Camp Foundation National Defensive Player of the Week ... Made two interceptions at Tennessee and had a third erased by penalty ... Totaled six tackles and was credited with an assist on the third down play during the fourth quarter goal line stand ... Registered four tackles and defensed three passes against Kansas State ... Suffered a mild concussion in second quarter at Stanford and was forced to the sidelines ... Had one tackle against Oregon ... Led team with a career-best matching nine stops versus Cal, 1.0 for loss ... Made two first-half interceptions to stop a pair of potential scoring drives at Arizona (at the seven and one-yard lines) ... Made seven tackles at Oregon State ... Recorded two tackles, one for loss, and a game-clinching interception with 54 seconds remaining against Washington ... Made ninth pick of the year at Washington State ... Three tackles against Arizona State ... Totaled seven stops, one for loss, at USC ... Made four tackles and 10th interception in bowl win over Temple.

2008 - Starter in all 12 games (free safety) ... Fourth on squad with 60 tackles ... Tied for 11th in Pac-10 in interceptions (0.25) and tied for team lead with three ... Tied for sixth in Pac-10 in fumbles recovered (0.17) ... Named to rivals.com All-Pac-10 Freshman team ... CollegeFootballNews.com honorable mention Freshman All-American ... Earned Pac-10 honorable mention honors from coaches ... Defensive co-winner of UCLA's John Boncheff, Jr. Memorial Award for Rookie of the Year ... Became the first true freshman to start a season-opener on offense or defense since Matt Ware (CB) in 2001 ... Had two tackles and a fumble recovery ... Made eight tackles at BYU, plus first interception ... Six tackles against Arizona ... Two stops vs. Fresno ... Four tackles versus Washington State ... Two tackles at Oregon ... Five stops vs. Stanford ... Led Bruins with nine tackles at Cal ... Credited with four stops, an interception and fumble recovery vs. Oregon State ... Led team with six tackles at Washington and made third interception ... Four tackles at Arizona State ... Led team with eight tackles against USC.

HIGH SCHOOL - Lettered four years in football for coach Knox at Dorsey High School in Los Angeles ... Played defensive back and receiver ... Five stars from scout.com ... Ranked No. 2 nationally and No. 1 in the West and in California at safety by scout.com ... PrepStar Dream Team selection ... Played in U.S. Army All-Star Game ... Four stars from rivals.com ... Named All-State first-team by Cal-Hi Sports ... Member of Long Beach Press-Telegram Best in the West squad (No. 4) ... Helped Dorsey reach City Section semifinals ... As a senior, made 112 tackles, eight interceptions, 10 deflections and three fumble recoveries ... Made 15 catches for 339 yards and six scores on offense ... As a junior, recorded 122 tackles and seven interceptions ... As a sophomore, he made 99 tackles and eight interceptions ... Also lettered in track ... As a senior, he finished third in 400 meter event at the CIF L.A. City Section Finals ... Three-time league champ in the 400 meters.

PERSONAL - Full Name: Rahim Shaheed Moore ... Born: February 11, 1990 in Los Angeles, CA ... Parents: Rodney Moore and Nowana Buchanan ... Has one sister, Duraisha, and one brother, Rasheed ... Lists NFL star Ed Reed as the athlete he admires the most ... Hobbies include working out and shopping ... His diet includes no soda, candy or fast food ... Director's Honor Roll in Fall 2009 ... Sociology major.

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    not even a 1% chance....

My Mood
    Addicted
    if ben got suspended for a year, we had a legit shot at peterson LOL

we wasted our chances on earl thomas,

i hope we dont waste our chances on Moore, even more off a ballhawk and a solid tackler

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    not even a 1% chance....
    Oh i know, but one can always dream right?
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Oh i know, but one can always dream right?
    Yes we can all dream, if we are not going to reach the super bowl this year... id like us to have a medicore year so we can get moore, or if you that far peterson lol

Thread Information