Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Tomlin playing possum about Mays

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Im actually kind of excited to see Dixon play...He can add a whole new element to the offense...I can honestly say that I think Ben will only be out for 4 weeks...its part of the suspension...if he complies with everything Goodell has set it will be reduced to 4...Art said that Ben is planning on doing everything he's asked to do and Im pretty sure they will make sure he does...Like i said, im pretty sure it'll only be 4...

Like Train was saying earlier, Dixon to Sweed all day lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post

thats gonna be dynasty ****, you dont even know

My Mood
    Addicted
    lol turned into a dixon thread

dunno whats up with the gay arcade music, but it's good highlights

Dixon only played in one game last year, that coming on Nov. 29 in Baltimore. Forced to start because Roethlisberger was recovering from a concussion, Dixon held his own in a 20-17 overtime loss to the Ravens.

He completed 12 of 26 passes for 145 yards. He threw a touchdown pass and ran for a TD.

But he also served up an interception in OT that led to the Ravens’ game-winning field goal.

“I think people forget that in Dennis Dixon, we’re talking about a guy who had the possibility of winning the Heisman Trophy (in 2007) and playing for national championship,” Steelers free safety Ryan Clark said. “You know, (Florida’s) Tim Tebow may have never won the Heisman if Dennis Dixon doesn’t go down against Arizona.”

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    thats gonna be dynasty ****, you dont even know
    Oh I know...I know...but do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Im actually kind of excited to see Dixon play...He can add a whole new element to the offense...I can honestly say that I think Ben will only be out for 4 weeks...its part of the suspension...if he complies with everything Goodell has set it will be reduced to 4...Art said that Ben is planning on doing everything he's asked to do and Im pretty sure they will make sure he does...Like i said, im pretty sure it'll only be 4...

who needs mays, we trade ben to oakland for Asomugha and their #8 pick

then dixon and sweed go crazy all year.

#8 BPA and Mclain at #18

Mays is an elite athelete... guys like that are complete ???'s when they enter the NFL. I can see Taylor Mays being a "good" starter if he goes to the RIGHT team. If he goes to the Jets who have a late 1st round pick and need safety help. They have two PROBOWL cb's and a pressure front seven. Mays would be asked to play center field, to make plays on the ball and in the run game. He is a bigger, younger, faster Ryan Clark.

The good thing about Mays is that he is said to be VERY coach-able and dedicated. He obviously can be an asset to any team... i just dont think he would be a better option than anything we have right now. While i think a guy like LeBeau COULD get the most out of Mays (putting him in the box, blitzing, maybe lining up at LB in certain packages) he isnt worth the 18th pick to us. He just isnt!

Yeah guys really, Dixon threw for 140 yards with a 62 passer rating. Spells elite to me.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Mays is an elite athelete... guys like that are complete ???'s when they enter the NFL. I can see Taylor Mays being a "good" starter if he goes to the RIGHT team. If he goes to the Jets who have a late 1st round pick and need safety help. They have two PROBOWL cb's and a pressure front seven. Mays would be asked to play center field, to make plays on the ball and in the run game. He is a bigger, younger, faster Ryan Clark.

The good thing about Mays is that he is said to be VERY coach-able and dedicated. He obviously can be an asset to any team... i just dont think he would be a better option than anything we have right now. While i think a guy like LeBeau COULD get the most out of Mays (putting him in the box, blitzing, maybe lining up at LB in certain packages) he isnt worth the 18th pick to us. He just isnt!
    i would be beyond mad....you dont even know.

he sucks at everything but running, his change of direction timed speed is atrocious. 4 year starters for USC shouldnt have to be coached up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    who needs mays, we trade ben to oakland for Asomugha and their #8 pick

then dixon and sweed go crazy all year.

#8 BPA and Mclain at #18
    Ben is one of the only elite players we have on this team...You cant just trade him away and think we wont miss a beat....I think we'll manage for the 4 games (possibly 6) that Ben will be out but trading him over this would be stupid...

--- Added 4/21/2010 at 05:07 PM ---

his change of direction timed speed is atrocious
    that's being nice....

i would be beyond mad....you dont even know.

he sucks at everything but running, his change of direction timed speed is atrocious. 4 year starters for USC shouldnt have to be coached up
    Oh, i would be furious if we got him period at this point... we just dont need him! Im saying im not ready to label him a BUST! He's a freak of nature and someone WOULD be able to get him to play at a high level in the NFL ... And whether he should have to be coached up or not isnt the issue... im just saying, he's gonna have to be a project or take some lumps early!

Thread Information