Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OK... Pick your #1

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Earl Thomas

I've been praying each night since the Combine that we select him.

I only hope God grants my wish

i always forget about graham.

mclain would be nice, i like him alot hes a great player, a perfect fit and an unreal leader....but hes not the biggest need, MLBs value is not too great unless they are patrick willis. the drop off from mcclain and spikes might be 3 rounds, but it will be minimal on the field

Haden then Demaryius Thomas just to switch it up a little.

i would like bay bay or dez in the first if they go WR, benn or tate in the second

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i always forget about graham.

mclain would be nice, i like him alot hes a great player, a perfect fit and an unreal leader....but hes not the biggest need, MLBs value is not too great unless they are patrick willis. the drop off from mcclain and spikes might be 3 rounds, but it will be minimal on the field

Just looking at players who could potentially drop to us who would be too good to pass up. Obviously players like Berry, Suh, McCoy, Okung, Bradford aren't even worth listing because we know they won't fall to us. Thomas and McClain would be players too good to pass on. If you can get a player like McClain you can find a roster spot for him. RB was not the top need the year Mendenhall fell to us and we were all shocked he fell that far. It was a no-brainer pick. I would be happy with a McClain pick. It would give the team a lot of options and combinations to work with, that's for sure!

Graham would also be a good pick IMO. We are thin at OLB and will draft someone for depth. Two other possibilities are Jason Worilds and Thaddeus Gibson.

Center is a huge need. Read that Urbik was taking all the snaps at center with the second team and Legurski was taking all the snaps with the first team. Perhaps that is a sign of things to come.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Just looking at players who could potentially drop to us who would be too good to pass up. Obviously players like Berry, Suh, McCoy, Okung, Bradford aren't even worth listing because we know they won't fall to us. Thomas and McClain would be players too good to pass on. If you can get a player like McClain you can find a roster spot for him. RB was not the top need the year Mendenhall fell to us and we were all shocked he fell that far. It was a no-brainer pick. I would be happy with a McClain pick. It would give the team a lot of options and combinations to work with, that's for sure!

Graham would also be a good pick IMO. We are thin at OLB and will draft someone for depth. Two other possibilities are Jason Worilds and Thaddeus Gibson.

Center is a huge need. Read that Urbik was taking all the snaps at center with the second team and Legurski was taking all the snaps with the first team. Perhaps that is a sign of things to come.
    what if clausen falls? im just saying, i cant say i would be terribly angry at the pickup

graham and woodley would be studs on the outside and harrison could move inside eventually. i LOVE gibson, always have and always will....cant stand worilds, he ran fast but hokies not only have a fast track they have THE fastest track...hes not that good imo.

when mendenhall fell to us they were between him and jenkins....they made the right choice but couldnt really go wrong there.

i like mcclain alot, but lets just say he and thomas are there ill take thomas all day...thomas, mcclain, haden could all potentially fall. some teams have kyle wilson as their number 1 corner, some have kareem jackson even. at 18 id be furious with jackson even though do like him quite a bit.

the only thing iupati would do for me is feed my ego and show that they have zero faith in urbik and his ability, progression or overall potential....which just would make me so happy lol. i would rather have pouncey though, hes a more refined player, a bigger need and has just as much superstar potential

My Mood
    Fight
    ET, pouncey, anthony davis,haden, mcclain,wilson
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Haden then Demaryius Thomas just to switch it up a little.
    Ward is 13 years in, holmes is gone. WR could be a #1 or #2 pick.

TE, we have miller. we may see a TE in this draft. #3 or #4
    we can dump a few of these guys. Anyones better than ours after heath.

ILB. farrior is 14 years in did he get a sack? we really need McClain. ILB is a good pick at #1 or #2
    McClain --- Spikes at #52 maybe

OLB .. Graham...

Urbik, is a big dude, can he handle center?? we may not draft pouncey.
    Maybe Iupati if Urbik can play center?

CB's we have 6 plus two DB's - Eventually this area needs a clean out.
    do we add more picks at CB? #2 pick maybe Kareem..

We need to protect Dixon, so i lean OL first.

We need to relieve pressure on the secondary. McClain or Graham 2nd choice.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    what if clausen falls? im just saying, i cant say i would be terribly angry at the pickup

graham and woodley would be studs on the outside and harrison could move inside eventually. i LOVE gibson, always have and always will....cant stand worilds, he ran fast but hokies not only have a fast track they have THE fastest track...hes not that good imo.

when mendenhall fell to us they were between him and jenkins....they made the right choice but couldnt really go wrong there.

i like mcclain alot, but lets just say he and thomas are there ill take thomas all day...thomas, mcclain, haden could all potentially fall. some teams have kyle wilson as their number 1 corner, some have kareem jackson even. at 18 id be furious with jackson even though do like him quite a bit.

the only thing iupati would do for me is feed my ego and show that they have zero faith in urbik and his ability, progression or overall potential....which just would make me so happy lol. i would rather have pouncey though, hes a more refined player, a bigger need and has just as much superstar potential
    i'd be shocked if the best QB in the draft falls to 18, but if he does that would make things interesting at minimum ..

did i miss something on jackson ? everything i read on him says "improved" - typical red flag .. do you think he is #2,3?

i would rather have pouncey as well - i think he fills the need and would go go great with Kemo, do you think tho that Iupati might be a better pure road-grader ?

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    i'd be shocked if the best QB in the draft falls to 18, but if he does that would make things interesting at minimum ..

did i miss something on jackson ? everything i read on him says "improved" - typical red flag .. do you think he is #2,3?

i would rather have pouncey as well - i think he fills the need and would go go great with Kemo, do you think tho that Iupati might be a better pure road-grader ?
    rodgers was hands down better than alex smith in 05 imo...crazier things have happened.

teams love jackson, especially since he has 34 defense experience. i have them ranked as

1. haden
    2. wilson
    3a. mcourty
    3b. jackson
    3c. cox
    4. ghee
    5. robinson
    6. franks

pouncey is so smooth, iupati is not but iupati can handle 2 guys with ease. iupati offers SOME versatility at tackle, but i wouldnt count on it. both are pro bowlers imo, but pouncey is our need and wont get ben (or whoever) killed nearly as much. iupati is a bigger kemo, which isnt a bad thing i jsut want a center with the stones to not get blown off the snap and pouncey is not slouch in run blocking either

Thread Information