Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading #18

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine

Trading #18

I heard this months ago and thought I'd bring it back to light with all thats happened and with the draft being this week.

Would you Trade the #18 pick to TAmpa for their two 2nd rounders # 35 & 42?
    Would you trade back with the Philly or NE to acquire their 2nd (philly #37,NE #44) then trade with Kc for both of their 2nd rounders #36 & 50?
    Its also Possible that Philly based on value chart would have to give up #37 & #55 to move up to #18. Therefore that would be the better trade and keep our 1st round pick and closer to the top of round 2. What do you think?

**** correction *** I forgot to add the value of the first rd pick from the team swapping with us. Therefore Phily & NE wouldnt give up a 2nd rounder to move up to 18 from their spot. They would give up two second rounders if they wanted the 18th pick out right. In that case I'd go after Tampa's & Kc's two second round picks or Trade back with the Jets for their 2nd rounder.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 04-19-2010 at 02:53 PM.

they just dont need more picks, they need more quality picks, not 100 5th rounders

My Mood
    Impatient
    No way I would trade back for more picks, we have plenty of picks. I think there will be several players worthy of the 18th pick in the draft.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they just dont need more picks, they need more quality picks, not 100 5th rounders
    K train & cmerrifield,those picks are in the 2nd round and it would allow us to use our 5ths to move up in rounds 2,3 or 4 to get Quality players and then we have the comp picks in the later rounds to find diamonds in the rough. But I agree with you quality picks.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    K train & cmerrifield,those picks are in the 2nd round and it would allow us to use our 5ths to move up in rounds 2,3 or 4 to get Quality players and then we have the comp picks in the later rounds to find diamonds in the rough. But I agree with you quality picks.
    I just think at 18 we can pick someone who can make a difference on the team this year, and fill a hole this year. Even if it isnt the first half of the season while they develop, I am not sure we can do that if we trade out and do several second rounders. I would possible consider trading back to like 20, with Houston, for their 2nd rounder or 3rd depending on how many guys were still there, but no more than that.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Why would we trade down when we have 10 picks. we will likely trade up for some people

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post
    Why would we trade down when we have 10 picks. we will likely trade up for some people
    it gives us early 2nd round picks and allows us to used the 5ths to move up in rounds to get quality players. This way were closer to the top of round 2 for Golden Tate or Arrellious Benn,Cb's,FS and Quality Lineman O & D.

--- Added 4/19/2010 at 11:31 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    I just think at 18 we can pick someone who can make a difference on the team this year, and fill a hole this year. Even if it isnt the first half of the season while they develop, I am not sure we can do that if we trade out and do several second rounders. I would possible consider trading back to like 20, with Houston, for their 2nd rounder or 3rd depending on how many guys were still there, but no more than that.
    Ok i understand that. Thats why I said NE at 22 or Phily at 24. Phily is because they have acquired the redskins low 2nd rounder and that puts us at the top of rd 2 for Golden Tate or NT. It would also allow us to use some of our late picks to move up further or jump back into the late first round.

im just not that interested in more in the second round, especially cause i cant sit through thursday and not have a pick to bitch about

My Mood
    Fine
    im just not that interested in more in the second round, especially cause i cant sit through thursday and not have a pick to bitch about
    LOL. I'm glad this week is finally here.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    you caught me sipping coffee when I read this, almost launched it through my nose......

Thread Information