Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Tate says going to the Steelers would be "ideal"

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

Golden Tate says going to the Steelers would be "ideal"

From Profootballtalk.com by Mike Florio

When former Notre Dame receiver Golden Tate met with the Steelers, he didn't really think he was on their radar screen. Once Santonio Holmes was traded, Tate suddenly picked up a different vibe.

"[N]ow that Holmes is gone, I'm seeing it's a possibility," Tate told Troy Clardy of 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh on Sunday. "I'm anxious to see which direction they take. . . . It would be an ideal situation. I'll be going into a great situation because I would be learning from a guy that I like to model my game after, Hines Ward. I don't think it could get any better than that. I'm going to have the chance to help the team but also learn the game more from a veteran. In my eyes, this would be an ideal situation, and I could definitely see myself going there and wearing black and gold."

But can he stay out of trouble, a subject about which Steeler Nation suddenly is acutely concerned?

"Being at Notre Dame, you're used to being under the microscope, so I'm used to having all eyes on me," Tate said. "Anything I do, anywhere I go. My mother and my father taught me what's right and what's wrong, so I don't think I have a problem making any tough decisions."

Um, that last line could make things a little awkward in the locker room, since it implies that certain parents of certain players who wear a certain single-digit number certainly failed when it came to teaching the right-wrong lesson.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    nice i wouldnt mind him in the second round.

Not at 18...there are only 2 wide recievers that I would consider in the first...Dez Bryant and DeMaryius Thomas...I believe those two can both be #1 recievers down the road...

My Mood
    Impatient
    I wouldnt mind going to get him in the second, giving up some of our late round picks.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    yep second round or later...I have watched this guy and I have always thought..."there's the next Hines Ward"

My Mood
    Fine
    if going for him in the 2nd then we need a CB in the first to insure we get a top one.

I agree, I would love Tate in the 2nd, but I think we'd have to move up in the 2nd to get him.

Would you guys feel good if we traded our 2nd, a 3rd and a 5th to move up in the 2nd to grab Tate? Because that's probably what it's going to take. We're going to have to move up a good 10+ picks even for a chance.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Would you guys feel good if we traded our 2nd, a 3rd and a 5th to move up in the 2nd to grab Tate? Because that's probably what it's going to take. We're going to have to move up a good 10+ picks even for a chance.
    i would move up in the first and second if possinble, 1st preferrably

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    I know this isnt a perfect science, but we could give up our 4th and 5th to move up 10 picks in the second, according to the draft value chart. That is more of what I was thinking. I would switch places in the 2nd and give up a 4th and one of our 4 5th round picks to get him. There are enough good picks, I dont want to give up any of our first three picks

Thread Information