View Poll Results: Should the Steelers trade Ben Roethlisberger?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 27.59%
  • No

21 72.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep Ben or Trade Him?

Bookmark and Share

Keep Ben or Trade Him?

I'm just curious about how everyone feels. Obviously the Steelers on the field are much better with Ben. The football/Steelers fan in us realizes that. But can you still root for him? Have you lost respect for him? So, should the Steelers trade Ben?

Draft Pick
    As much as he is a valuable asset on the football field, I don't like the chances of something else happening, unless he accepts rehab for alcohol and sexual addictions. While that might not even do it, I feel we should cut the cord and not risk getting a 5th round draft pick in the future. I am all for Trading him now.....

To trade Ben would not be smart. You cant just replace a 2 time super bowl QB. We would just weaken ourselves. Don't get me wrong, Ben needs to straighten out his act and grow up. He has a lot to prove to regain the trust of steeler fans including myself. Winning games will certainly help fans forget the past but you cant do that by getting rid of him.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Last time I checked your innocent until PROVEN guilty. He hasn't even been charged with a crime just some gold diggers accusing him.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

It all depends...

What will be offered?

Anyone can be traded at any time depending on the offer.

What other details come out?

Because it could not be proven that a crime was not committed does not mean nothing untoward happened. Those details are what scare his fans right now. If you are not a Ben fan, you are willing to trade him. If you are a Ben fan, you could be nervous.

Is he able to rehabilitate himself?

Is there some root cause that is causing him to be in the limelight all the time (for the wrong reason)? If so, what is it and can he overcome it.

Is he "the guy?"

I heard someone once say that Mike Tomlin has one rule; Dont be "the guy." Right now, I am pretty sure the team feels that he is the guy. Will they rally around him or trade him? I think that depends on 1-3 above.

Yeah the Colts should trade Peyton Manning too. He raped a girl during the Naughright incident.

Anyone who thinks Ben should get traded does is beyond dumb. This guy is the best quarterback the Steelers ever had and is one of the best in the league. We won't win more than 4 games with Dennis Dixon at quarterback even with Suh and Earl Thomas.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    I have recently read the case disclosure from steelersgab and have realized that Ben is not quite the a** I thought he was. We have all read the release of the young woman's statements thinking they must be true...however, I now realize they have changed over time and the press is releasing these statements as the truth...While I still think Ben is a fool for getting into this situation and I have engaged in as much Big Ben Bashing as anyone, I am willing to state now that he is now nearly as guilty as I originally believed him to be. So I say suspend him for his act of stupidity in public but do not trade him. I believe the Rooney's no what the truth is and trust their judgement. If they can keep him, so can I and I will even cheer for him. We all commit stupid mistakes and I thank God that mine are not nearly as public as Ben's...'cause that would be horrible.

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel

He needs to sign up for AA.

He needs to admit his drinking gets him setup with the wrong people and the wrong situations.

then, he needs to play his heart out and be nice to people and show everyone he is over his drinking.

then if you like in the off season next year.. fire arians.

then trade ben or keep him. i would keep him.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    He needs to sign up for AA.

He needs to admit his drinking gets him setup with the wrong people and the wrong situations.

then, he needs to play his heart out and be nice to people and show everyone he is over his drinking.

then if you like in the off season next year.. fire arians.

then trade ben or keep him. i would keep him.
    I agree--though not necessarily with the firing of Arians---still thinking about that one...but as I have said before, If #7 wins Lombardi #7 this year...we will never speak of this incident again!

Thread Information