View Poll Results: Should the Steelers trade Ben Roethlisberger?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 27.59%
  • No

21 72.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep Ben or Trade Him?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    I agree--though not necessarily with the firing of Arians---still thinking about that one...but as I have said before, If #7 wins Lombardi #7 this year...we will never speak of this incident again!
    i always fire arians. its my motto.

i can add that Ben should then be the televised spokesman for the AA and 12 step.

that would really gear him back up.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtainYinzer View Post
    As much as he is a valuable asset on the football field, I don't like the chances of something else happening, unless he accepts rehab for alcohol and sexual addictions. While that might not even do it, I feel we should cut the cord and not risk getting a 5th round draft pick in the future. I am all for Trading him now.....
    Sexual Addictions? Laughable. There is no evidence he is an alcoholic or addicted to sex. I guess all that is the new buzzword. The first incident he had relations with another adult in a hotel room. Millions of people do that. My guess is NFL players do it more than most. He just happened to schemed. There is no grounds for punishment there in my opinion.

The second incident is just really poor judgment. There is no evidence whatsoever he forced this girl to do anything she was not willing to do. I think it is telling that between a bar full of people and the group of girls involved there was not enough collaboration between their accounts to charge him with anything. One would think they would at least be able to at least loosely concoct enough of a story to get him charged.

The two cases show poor judgment on Ben's part. This is stuff that happens on a regular basis in professional sports. Ben just has bad luck in that he got involved with one nut job and one sour dejected sorority girl. Granted, he put himself in that position, and I have no problem with the Steelers, and not the league, punishing Ben for poor judgment. If the league is going to punish Ben, he needs to be at the bottom of that list that is for sure.

But as for a "sex addict" and "alchohlic?" Common' now! Pittsburgh would be 1/10th the team without him anyway!

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Just watched SB XLIII on the NFL network...what a hell of a game (again)! NFL.com is taking questions to Roger Goodell on the ask the Commish segment...I think the SteelerNation should ask Mr. Goodell not to punish us and to give Ben one last chance...take money if you must but LET HIM PLAY!

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    Just watched SB XLIII on the NFL network...what a hell of a game (again)! NFL.com is taking questions to Roger Goodell on the ask the Commish segment...I think the SteelerNation should ask Mr. Goodell not to punish us and to give Ben one last chance...take money if you must but LET HIM PLAY!

No ... this jackass had his chances. He needs to sit 2 games. Ben needs to be punished because he needs to get the message through his thick drunk *** skull. For me, it's gonna take awhile to cheer for him again.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Here's the problem with a trade at this point ... each day that passes by and another woman comes out and says, "Ben got me drunk and tried to poke me" ... is another day that his stock loses value.

I would only trade Ben if 2 first round picks were involved and quite frankly, NOBODY is going to pony up that kind of a deal right now because he's a public relations liability for any team. In other words, his marketing value is at an all time low ...

If we did the rumored deal that was going around early last week I would have said, "DO IT .. DO IT NOW AND DO IT FAST" ...

Now? ... No deal. Keep him and hope Rooney puts the fear of Christ into him so that he changes himself.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Anyone who thinks we should trade Ben has rocks in their head. You don't trade franchise, in their prime, Quarterbacks! He has to be taught to make better choices. That's it. And he will get a stern lesson from Goddall and the Rooney's.

And this rapist thing is waaaaay over reacting. He's a rich, 28 year old man. Remember how you were at 28 years old fellas??? Your hormones were all over the place too. Always looking for some. So to speak.

All this "get rid of Ben" talk is a clear overreaction. We have knuckle heads on our team like every other team in the league. Welcome to the real world.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    is this a joke? Trading Ben would possibly be the dumbest move made in the history of the franchise, probably even in the NFL. No way..no chance..not ever.

He needs to learn it's OK to play with yourself!! All men do it (except me)! Oh yea, leave the bar fly skanks alone!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

He just needs to grow up. Get some new friends and or a wife. Also, a couple of community appearances wouldnt hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    He just needs to grow up. Get some new friends and or a wife. Also, a couple of community appearances wouldnt hurt either.
    Very true, Baldy said it best "he's paying men to protect him and keep him safe and they're not, so fire them and find new help"
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information