Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: late round QB options

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

late round QB options

if this ben situation gets uglier i guess we need an extra qb, i kind of trust dennis dixon in fact im looking forward to watching him play

which late round qb do you guys like lefevour, pike crompton...any other ??

i ve very little of this guys but crompton looks to me like hes got some upside, whats your take on this guys?

Draft Pick
    I like Pike in the Third round.....I have watched him many times this season and at 6'6 with a fairly strong arm he would make a nice project. Here is the problem that the Steelers face if they were to take another QB, they would need to cut either Dixon or Batch. They are not going to do that. If I were the Steelers, I would try my hardest to trade Ben, it's going to be good for the team and the City. Draft Colt McCoy allow the Steelers to pick up Bulger and cut Batch. I could live with Bulger for 2 or 3 years. This would only work if we could pick up an early second round pick.
    But to answer your earlier question, Pike third, Lefevour late 4th and Crompton in the fifth.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtainYinzer View Post
    I like Pike in the Third round.....I have watched him many times this season and at 6'6 with a fairly strong arm he would make a nice project. Here is the problem that the Steelers face if they were to take another QB, they would need to cut either Dixon or Batch. They are not going to do that. If I were the Steelers, I would try my hardest to trade Ben, it's going to be good for the team and the City. Draft Colt McCoy allow the Steelers to pick up Bulger and cut Batch. I could live with Bulger for 2 or 3 years. This would only work if we could pick up an early second round pick.
    But to answer your earlier question, Pike third, Lefevour late 4th and Crompton in the fifth.
    I love that idea. Trade the best qb for this team so we can draft a qb with no upside(mccoy) to be our franchise qb down the road, waste a 3rd round pick on a guy with no arm, and no upside(pike) and then pick up a washed up qb(bulger) to be our bandaid while we groom the other scrubs!

Quote Originally Posted by acero View Post
    if this ben situation gets uglier i guess we need an extra qb, i kind of trust dennis dixon in fact im looking forward to watching him play

which late round qb do you guys like lefevour, pike crompton...any other ??

i ve very little of this guys but crompton looks to me like hes got some upside, whats your take on this guys?
    John Skelton. He will be in the nfl a while. imo

My Mood
    Fine
    John Skelton,Jevan Snead and I like Dan Lefevour but I'm not taking a QB until the 5th or if I got an extra 4th. Skelton & Snead might be the steal of the draft.

How about picking up Jason Campbell for a 5th or 6 st and then Trade Ben for a 1st and player(s)? Oakland for 1st 3rd and Nnamdi? Washington for McNAbb,Landry and their 1st and give them ben & willie Colon? Seattle for 1st swap 14th for our 18th and Owen Schmitt? Carolina for 2nd,next years 2nd and Jon Beason,Richard Marshall,Jeff Otah & Ryan Kalll for Ben & Colon or Ben & Starks? ETC
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 04-18-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    John Skelton,Jevan Snead and I like Dan Lefevour but I'm not taking a QB until the 5th or if I got an extra 4th. Skelton & Snead might be the steal of the draft.

How about picking up Jason Campbell for a 5th or 6 st and then Trade Ben for a 1st and player(s)? Oakland for 1st 3rd and Nnamdi? Washington for McNAbb,Landry and their 1st and give them ben & willie Colon? Seattle for 1st swap 14th for our 18th and Owen Schmitt? Carolina for 2nd,next years 2nd and Jon Beason,Richard Marshall,Jeff Otah & Ryan Kalll for Ben & Colon or Ben & Starks? ETC
    Skelton in the fifth would be great. we can retire batch then.

Skelton may be gone in the fourth though, he is smart and physically solid.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post

Jason Campbell is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. Put the average stats aside. Most of his touchdowns come in garbage time against prevent defenses. His yards come from dump off passes on 3rd and 15s where throws behind the LoS.

I live in Skins nation and have seen him play in almost every game. I've made it my pleasure to make fun of my friends who are Skins fans for the last 4 years watching him.

"Seattle for 1st swap 14th for our 18th and Owen Schmitt" Haha yes! Lets just trade Ben for Schmitt straight up then we can get back to some steeler football and crack some heads(total joke don't flame me).

--- Added 4/18/2010 at 09:17 AM ---

But seriously I like Dan Lefevour a lot from late 4th on.

Talking late round QB's, 5th-7th round, I like Florida Atlantic's Rusty Smith. As a sophomore he looked like he could be a first round prospect. He sort of fizzled out, due in part to a lack of talent around him. He has the size and the arm to be an NFL QB. Three years from now I can see him as a solid backup and a guy who could eventually be an NFL starter.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Dan Lefevour or Zac Robinson...

I gotta feeling if Ben gets suspended were gonna roll with Batch
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information