Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Steeler Family Member in Trouble? LOL

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Another Steeler Family Member in Trouble? LOL

From the Sports Pickle

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:...sburgh-gay-bar

The reputation of the Pittsburgh Steelers likely took another hit today with the news that Steely McBeam, the team's official mascot, has been accused of sexual assault in an incident late last night at a downtown Pittsburgh gay bar.

According to a police report, McBeam was performing in a Village People revue at Steel Rodds Bar. During a brief intermission, he followed another performer into a small bathroom where they were planning to change -- McBeam into the Indian costume, his accuser into the construction worker -- and allegedly forced himself on the man.

"The accuser describes the assailant as 6-foot-4 with a large, cotton-poly blend, stuffed penis," said Pittsburgh police chief David Palambo at a press conference this morning. "He claims McBeam held him down with a Styrofoam, faux-steel bar and assaulted him."

McBeam was initially questioned at the scene and responded to all of the officers' questions by waving a Terrible Towel above his head. Witnesses say he and his accuser had been drinking Cruzan Mango Rum concoctions all night.

The mascot has hired an attorney and also his own investigator, McGruff the Crime Dog, to aid his defense. So far police have not requested a DNA sample because "I don't know if mascots ejaculate," said a police spokesperson. "And thinking about it might give me nightmares."

The news of the accusation against Beam has disappointed Steelers fans.

"We all heard the stories around town about him being gay," said Steelers fan Sheila Krzyznski at a downtown deli today. "And that's fine. Pittsburgh has come a long way with that sort of thing. But it's wrong to force yourself on another person, straight or gay. And especially on the Indian, after all we have put those people through in this country."

A caller into a Pittsburgh sports radio station says the team should immediately part ways with Beam.

"We should trade him or release him," said one irate caller. "Enough is a enough. If our mascot is assaulting people at gay bars, how can we keep saying this organization is any better than all the other teams with gay, raping mascots?"

While McBeam has been questioned, Pittsburgh police are also seeking to speak to former Steelers coach Bill Cowher.

"Coach Cowher meets much of the description of the alleged assailant," said police chief Palambo. "We will have to examine him to see if he does, in fact, have a stuffed, cotton-poly blend penis. And even though I'm pretty sure he doesn't, I've always wanted to meet Coach Cowher, so I'm pretty psyched. I'm hoping he'll autograph a football for me."

wow.....
    Last edited by SnakeEyes43; 04-18-2010 at 02:08 AM.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

this is stupid...

My Mood
    Addicted
    ........Hollyship, thats funny.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's actually kinda funny....hell, in all this mess wtih Ben and Santonio you almost have to laugh about it or you'll go

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    That's actually kinda funny....hell, in all this mess wtih Ben and Santonio you almost have to laugh about it or you'll go
    that is actually why I posted it....we needed a little humor. Too many threads about all the real problems that are facing the Steelers that a little humor was needed.

that is funny as hell

I will admit that I chuckled a bit lol

I always knew there was something strange about that McBeam guy.

Never been a "STEELY Mcbeam " fan , but come on man . Get into the real world . I may have made some stupid posts before , but that was totally stupid and uncalled for .
    The state of the Steeler Nation is nothing to poke fun at with something that stupid .
    their are serious issues to be addressed , and to me , that only makes it worse .
    Oh well , who am i to say . Just think it was stupid thats all .
    Hate the post !

--- Added 4/18/2010 at 02:54 PM ---

Trying to pass the buck to something so stupid , is just as unforgivable as trying to avoid the real issue .
    Thats my opinion , and i will stand by it .
    If something is smelly , it probably is . That to me was an unconscious display of bad judgement . Nice try though . You changed the train of thought for some , but the reality remains .
    We never needed "STEELY" anyway . To pull the only mascott into the mix is uncertainly a stupid move . Juvenile comes to mind .
    The general consensus is ....the team will address any needed changes that may , or may not need to be made with our storied franchise .
    To bring a stupid , masscott into the mix to me is totally inoculate.
    Learn how to be a real fan of the club . Put the good of the team behind what you think should be ?
    The writing is already on the wall . If you can not read , then that is your problem .
    Look up the word inoculate .
    Last edited by Gettysburgh_Steel; 04-18-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Thread Information