Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Very good article on the media's lynching of ben..**Updated 4/21, 2nd article added**

Bookmark and Share
    Yeah I have a hard time calling the guy an alcoholic or a sexual predator or putting any other label on him. He did make some stupid mistakes and the media's beating him up is a big part of the process that he will just have to deal with. Ben can go 2 ways at this point he can make some changes in the ways that he conducts himself and continue to be an excellent QB for the Steelers or he can fall on his face and continue to hang in bars hitting on 20 year old hood rats and lose his NFL career. The choice is yours Ben please make us proud.

If you honestly think Ben didnt do anything with this girl, you're hammered.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    The media is in the business of sensationalizing things .... that's just what they do.

... but the meda has no bearing on Ben's poor decisions as a 28 year old man or him being a lazy, arrogant, drunk sexual predator.

Sorry folks, that falls on Ben.
    Thank u ICS for telling it like it is...Ben has to be accountable for putting HIMSELF in these situations plain and simple

--- Added 4/18/2010 at 02:08 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    THANK U ALSO! Ben admitted having sex with her...

Not being a sexist at all, but did this girl get in any kind of trouble? Isnt she 20 and she was at a bar completely wasted?

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    totally agree
    the media really never likes when the steelers are in the SB or big games. we won to many for them and were old hat in a small market...

bens deal would insure their wishes of knocking the steeler nation down.

go giants, jets, boston, dallas, sf.... now washington/mcnabb... thats where the market is.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by -- [B
    When asked if the two had sex, she said "well, I'm not sure."[/B] DA interview, PART 2, starts 2:42, key point: about 4:20: )

Ok this is probably in poor taste but this statement right here might cure all of our troubles, if a woman isn't sure whether or not she had sex with a guy, and that becomes public knowledge, that doesn't bode well for his future attempts to get laid. Problem solved.

--- Added 4/18/2010 at 07:18 PM ---

Not being a sexist at all, but did this girl get in any kind of trouble? Isnt she 20 and she was at a bar completely wasted?
    True very true, but I also haven't seen any charges filed on Ben for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I haven't seen anywhere, and I may be wrong so point it out if I am, but I haven't seen any accounts of Ben denying having provided the ladies with shots. If a college bar they are mostly 18 and up but still 21 and over to drink. Wouldn't Ben need to take the responsibility to check to see if the girl was 21 before he provided her with alcohol?

It's obviously not the "sexy" charge the media is looking to impose, but yet another example that while a gifted athlete, Ben's got **** for brains.

Everyone should go to NFL.com and post a question to Mr. Goodell asking him please to take money from Ben but not suspend him...SteelerNation should not be punished. If you cannot get behind this then do not ask the commish anything! Just watched replay of SB XLIII--damn that guy can play and we are idiots if we let him go or even get suspended without a fight!

--- Added 4/18/2010 at 07:40 PM ---

Its not sexist...no one should be in a bar unless they are 21...I don't care about the 'ID' bracelets for 18-20 year olds---like they can't take those off...doesn't matter...she wanted to play with the grown-ups ...I get that she got more than she bargained for but after reading the "official reports" posted on Steelersgab.com I am no longer certain the media's interpretation is correct...she seems a bit more worldly than I had anticipated and while I still rail against Ben for trying to be 'big man on campus' (I mean come on...get over yourself already), I think there is a bit more planning and story interpretation on her part and that of her friends. Look, I don't know why Ben needs accolades during the offseason...maybe its depressing for him like rock stars after a concert who miss th adulation of being on stage and find the silence deafening...but there is definitely more to her than was originally reported.

I or anyone else on here never said that Ben didn't do anything with the girl. I just said that there isn't enough evidence of a crime to even bring charges so calling the man a sexual predator is a little steep. She followed Ben and his posse from one club to another then she talked sexual **** to him and that is her story. In Nevada McNutty told friends that she wanted to get pregnant and "have a little Roethlisberger". Neither girl in either case were innocent in taking part. I'm not happy with Ben right now and he does need to grow up. He also needs to win back the trust of thousands of people.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    the media really never likes when the steelers are in the SB or big games. we won to many for them and were old hat in a small market...

bens deal would insure their wishes of knocking the steeler nation down.

go giants, jets, boston, dallas, sf.... now washington/mcnabb... thats where the market is.
    I am glad I am not the only one who has noticed this trend!

Thread Information