Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schefter on Ben rumors

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

Schefter on Ben rumors

From espn insider .. http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog?...dam&id=5098695

Q: Do you think the rumor of St. Louis visiting the Rooneys for Ben Roethlisberger holds any water whatsoever? And if by chance they are meeting, what would it take to see a deal get done for Ben and the St. Louis Rams' first-round pick? Would Sam Bradford be a good fit for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Ben for the Rams?

-- Dick (Mountain Home, Idaho)

A: Never happened, Dick, I can assure you. It is just a rumor. It would be stunning to see the Steelers trade Roethlisberger anywhere, including St. Louis. Not that it doesn't make some sense, because it actually does. But it would be stunning if it happened. Then again, who ever could have imagined that Brett Favre would wind up as a Viking or Donovan McNabb a Redskin? So I don't see the Steelers trading Roethlisberger at this time, but this is a crazy league.

Funny thing is that he also wrote this on the cards shoring up their QB situation ..

But if I were the Cardinals' GM, I would have traded for Donovan McNabb. And I would call the Redskins now and find out what they would want for him, even though they just traded for him. And if they didn't want to give up McNabb, my next phone call would be to Pittsburgh to see what it would take to get Ben Roethlisberger. I'd want to reunite him with Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm

Good to hear schefter say it is highly unlikely, but if ben did go to AZ that would be too much for me .. lol .. how many dang steelers can they have ... lol

My Mood
    Fine
    Ben & Whiz dont get along.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    From espn insider .. [url]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog?name=schefter_adam&id=509

Good to hear schefter say it is highly unlikely, but if ben did go to AZ that would be too much for me .. lol .. how many dang steelers can they have ... lol
    I am amazed that we as Steeler fans only look at the good of the team rather than the reputation of the team. If the league or the Steelers don't suspend him for at least 4 games for what happened in Georgia then there is something wrong with our organization. I would prefer to see him suspended for eight but that is not going to happen.
    I would rather the Steelers kept a pot toking Holmes over Ben. I am more upset about the comments of how supportatve that people have been towards keeping Ben and forgiving him for his actions.
    He hasn't taken actions that have shown me or anybody else that he is going to change his ways and start being a person that represents the Steelers. Were not the Bengals or the Raiders but if something doesn't happen to Ben then I would consider us in that category.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    So you think rather than accepting responsibility for the player and supporting and helping him understand the teams personal / character code of honor...which he obviously does not get... that any help offered him makes the steelers organization as bad as the raiders? I hate that he is involved in this and I think the media has convicted him and should have him in the execution chamber shortly...I have recently decided not to help them justify their consistently anti-Ben blitz...it seems more like they are interested in making this as bad as it can possibly seem...and yes, it seems pretty bad to me too...I do not think we as fans need to help them make it worse...I choose to trust the Rooney family and its decision to punish Ben and set rules for him...my parents have no foolish children and I suspect neither does the Rooney family. They understand the reality of their situation and will deal with it appropriately

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Ben & Whiz dont get along.
    Exactly. Arizona is the last place I could see Ben ending up if he were to get traded.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtainYinzer View Post
    I am amazed that we as Steeler fans only look at the good of the team rather than the reputation of the team. If the league or the Steelers don't suspend him for at least 4 games for what happened in Georgia then there is something wrong with our organization. I would prefer to see him suspended for eight but that is not going to happen.
    I would rather the Steelers kept a pot toking Holmes over Ben. I am more upset about the comments of how supportatve that people have been towards keeping Ben and forgiving him for his actions.
    He hasn't taken actions that have shown me or anybody else that he is going to change his ways and start being a person that represents the Steelers. Were not the Bengals or the Raiders but if something doesn't happen to Ben then I would consider us in that category.
    no offense but you are judging based on the accusations of one side of the story. we never got ben's side of the story. and i believe there are 3 sides to a story anyway, sides a and b, and somewhere in the middle is the truth. we will probably never know the truth and that's why i can't kill ben like many others are doing. and don't get me wrong, i am LIVID at ben. even if he didn't rape this girl (which there was no evidence to prove that he did rape her), it doesn't excuse the way he conducts himself off the field. all i'm saying is that everyone is getting out of hand and taking the details from the police report as fact, when they are just ALLEGATIONS. we don't know that they are fact. it's possible, but the da had NOTHING to prove rape. NOTHING. not even enough for probable cause for an arrest, let alone a conviction in court. and you don't need much for probable cause. let's all calm down

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtainYinzer View Post
    I would prefer to see him suspended for eight but that is not going to happen.
    8 games for what being stupid???? No criminal charges was filed. I'll say 2 games at most for conduct breaking personal conduct code but not a game over that. Her story is changing more than we change our under ware.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

2-4 games is what i've been hearing and that seems fair considering he hasn't been charged with anything. i also think that if the steelers are fined by the nfl for the recent issues with ben and santonio that ben should pay at least half of that fine, mainly because he wasn't the only one that brought it upon the franchise. but if they made him pay the whole thing, i wouldn't be opposed either

Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    2-4 games is what i've been hearing and that seems fair considering he hasn't been charged with anything. i also think that if the steelers are fined by the nfl for the recent issues with ben and santonio that ben should pay at least half of that fine, mainly because he wasn't the only one that brought it upon the franchise. but if they made him pay the whole thing, i wouldn't be opposed either
    the patriots got caught cheating in the nfl for years. totally busted....

did the coaches miss any games, i dont remember..

they would send brady to AA and that would be it, if it was tom in this mess.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    no offense but you are judging based on the accusations of one side of the story. we never got ben's side of the story. and i believe there are 3 sides to a story anyway, sides a and b, and somewhere in the middle is the truth. we will probably never know the truth and that's why i can't kill ben like many others are doing. and don't get me wrong, i am LIVID at ben. even if he didn't rape this girl (which there was no evidence to prove that he did rape her), it doesn't excuse the way he conducts himself off the field. all i'm saying is that everyone is getting out of hand and taking the details from the police report as fact, when they are just ALLEGATIONS. we don't know that they are fact. it's possible, but the da had NOTHING to prove rape. NOTHING. not even enough for probable cause for an arrest, let alone a conviction in court. and you don't need much for probable cause. let's all calm down
    If its true that Ben in a public place walked up to her with his prick out = Major Douche/PREDITOR. HOWEVER We dont know what happend and if she introduced herself as DTF = Down To F*ck, the who knows what was said.
    I'D BE OK WITH TRADING BEN BUT NOT CHEAP. If they have to wait a season then trade him thats fine but dont give him away.

Thread Information