Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger joins Steelers workout

Bookmark and Share

Roethlisberger joins Steelers workout

Wednesday, April 14, 2010
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger, busy with other matters the past two days, arrived at the Steelers training facility today for his first workout with his teammates.

The Steelers quarterback had not joined his teammates in their spring workouts while awaiting a ruling in Georgia on a sexual assault claim against him. Prosecutors there announced on Monday they would not pursue the case. On Tuesday, Roethlisberger met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in New York City to discuss matters, including what happened in Georgia.

Steelers veterans have been working out together since March 29, a date coach Mike Tomlin gave them to begin those activities. Tomlin will hold his first two practices -- or organized team activities --- April 19 and 20 and Roethlisberger is expected to participate in those as well.

Read more: http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com...#ixzz0l5dRUA2t

My Mood
    Chatty
    is very happy to hear this!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Good to see him back in facility with the team; now is the time for everyone to get behind him on this and move forward.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Safe to say hes not being traded now... if so he wouldnt be there.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    I agree--they probably would not have let him in the facility if they were going to trade him...Whew! I know it wasn't all that likely but after Holmes who knows?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Good to see him back in facility with the team; now is the time for everyone to get behind him on this and move forward.
    - I believe you are referring to the team, but I am using this quote in the context of Steelers Nation:

I'm with you 100% on moving forward, but I have lost all respect for the man. After hearing the explicit details that the prosecutor revealed, I will not support scum who believe they can do whatever they want, when they want, with utterly no consequences or repercussions. The man is disgusting, he has disgusted his fans, and sadly enough, the majority will probably stick behind him on this. I understand supporting your team, but I cannot support someone who abuses his celebrity by "allegedly" sexually assaulting several women. The first time around, I was naive, I was simply blinded by my undying devotion to the Black & Gold- but there comes a time when a fan must choose between morality, and loyalty.

I'm sure no one here condones what he "allegedly" did, but by supporting him, you basically do. This is the toughest part, choosing between supporting your beloved team (who will still be around long after Big Ben is convicted, err.. I mean retires), hence supporting Big Ben. Or, standing for your morals and not supporting Ben, which in-a-way, is not supporting your team...

I hold the Steelers on a pedestal that is virtually unprecedented, but I have removed Ben from that divine position of superiority, and regardless of what he does (pending world peace), Ben will always be an icon for everything I detest in athletes.

I'm just not sure how I'm going to balance bashing Big Ben while rooting for the Steelers... I am at a transitional phase in my experience as a Steelers fan... and I'm just not sure what the hell I'm going to do. I'm sure everyone is feeling revolted or a little betrayed, I guess this is just a way for me to vent some of my frustration. I just can't root for him anymore, even if he is lifting another Lombardi, I just can't see myself applauding him.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Once he wins again all will be forgiven... looks at Kobe and Tiger.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ben is still an ******* and reguardless what he saids, he still an *******!
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Once he wins again all will be forgiven... looks at Kobe and Tiger.
    But that's exactly what I'm trying to say, many of Ben's fans will return (if they haven't already) once he starts producing wins. But the bottom line for me, I just can't. I'm sure my loyalties will affect my perspective once the season starts up, but as far as giving Ben acclaim, applause, or encouragement, he can go f*ck himself for all I care, see if he gets charged with sexual assault then.

Man, I guess suppressing my anger over the past few weeks has not been such a good idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    - I believe you are referring to the team, but I am using this quote in the context of Steelers Nation:

I'm with you 100% on moving forward, but I have lost all respect for the man. After hearing the explicit details that the prosecutor revealed, I will not support scum who believe they can do whatever they want, when they want, with utterly no consequences or repercussions. The man is disgusting, he has disgusted his fans, and sadly enough, the majority will probably stick behind him on this. I understand supporting your team, but I cannot support someone who abuses his celebrity by "allegedly" sexually assaulting several women. The first time around, I was naive, I was simply blinded by my undying devotion to the Black & Gold- but there comes a time when a fan must choose between morality, and loyalty.

I'm sure no one here condones what he "allegedly" did, but by supporting him, you basically do. This is the toughest part, choosing between supporting your beloved team (who will still be around long after Big Ben is convicted, err.. I mean retires), hence supporting Big Ben. Or, standing for your morals and not supporting Ben, which in-a-way, is not supporting your team...

I hold the Steelers on a pedestal that is virtually unprecedented, but I have removed Ben from that divine position of superiority, and regardless of what he does (pending world peace), Ben will always be an icon for everything I detest in athletes.

I'm just not sure how I'm going to balance bashing Big Ben while rooting for the Steelers... I am at a transitional phase in my experience as a Steelers fan... and I'm just not sure what the hell I'm going to do. I'm sure everyone is feeling revolted or a little betrayed, I guess this is just a way for me to vent some of my frustration. I just can't root for him anymore, even if he is lifting another Lombardi, I just can't see myself applauding him.

Extremely well put... ... and I agree with you 100%.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Thread Information