Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers press conference about Ben

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Steelers press conference about Ben

Live at 230pm EST today. Watching it now; they have stated they are going to coordinate with Goodell to issue 1 disciplinary action. There will not be 2 actions, 1 for the Steelers and 1 for the NFL. No news yet on what type of action that will be, suspension or otherwise.

They also said they have not explored any trade possibilities with Ben and they are convinced that Ben is sincere and they are going to give him the chance to play and earn back the trust of the Steelers and fans. This is good news and I think it's the right one; getting rid of Ben would be the WAY wrong decision here. If he screws up again, then maybe you explore that but in general if he's sincere and they are convinced then you should give him that chance to get back in the saddle and make things right.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 04-15-2010 at 02:43 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    So no trade of Ben... Punishment is on it way... And they were tired of Santonio's sh!t.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's about the long and short of it. Apparently they didn't feel Holmes was committed enough to cleaning up his act whereas they feel Ben is. It would seem his is on his last straw though from what I gathered.

At least 2 weeks B4 we know, per Adam Schefter....
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Gold Standard
    This is a smoke screen. They cannot reveal their hand if they are currently engaged in offers from other teams. I believe the old saying that where there is smoke there is fire and these rumors about entertaining offers has to be taken seriously. I still believe if someone offers them a great deal for Ben he will be gone. He is signed long term and for a 2 time SB winner he comes relatively cheap. Which is why the trade up with St Louis is a possibility because if they shed Ben's contract they could easily afford to sign Bradford and have some change left over from what they would have paid Ben. A week is a long time to work a deal before the draft. I put the odds on a blockbuster deal happening before the draft at 30-70, maybe 40-60.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    So no trade of Ben... Punishment is on it way... And they were tired of Santonio's sh!t.
    Thats what i got out of it!

Santoino is getting 4 weeks for violateing the drug policy again do you think that is what ben will get or less i am thinking two games.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Live at 230pm EST today. Watching it now; they have stated they are going to coordinate with Goodell to issue 1 disciplinary action. There will not be 2 actions, 1 for the Steelers and 1 for the NFL. No news yet on what type of action that will be, suspension or otherwise.

They also said they have not explored any trade possibilities with Ben and they are convinced that Ben is sincere and they are going to give him the chance to play and earn back the trust of the Steelers and fans. This is good news and I think it's the right one; getting rid of Ben would be the WAY wrong decision here. If he screws up again, then maybe you explore that but in general if he's sincere and they are convinced then you should give him that chance to get back in the saddle and make things right.
    This will be it for Ben, if he acts out again he will be gone...I think they are giving him a chance to redeem himself. I like that he's talking about gaining the fans trust...I love that! I think it's fair and I do believe he deserves a suspension, even though I hate to see him be out one game but I do think he should get something. I did hear it would be after the draft so it does not take away from the celebration of the draft.

Fact is unlike Santonio he was not "convicted" so why all the fuss??? Donte Stallworth KILLED a man drunk driving and he's back in the NFL with the Ravens so how does this seem bad????????

I"m feeling a little more comfortable after this press conference but I still say if he goes...so do I.

--- Added 4/15/2010 at 02:02 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    This is a smoke screen. They cannot reveal their hand if they are currently engaged in offers from other teams. I believe the old saying that where there is smoke there is fire and these rumors about entertaining offers has to be taken seriously. I still believe if someone offers them a great deal for Ben he will be gone. He is signed long term and for a 2 time SB winner he comes relatively cheap. Which is why the trade up with St Louis is a possibility because if they shed Ben's contract they could easily afford to sign Bradford and have some change left over from what they would have paid Ben. A week is a long time to work a deal before the draft. I put the odds on a blockbuster deal happening before the draft at 30-70, maybe 40-60.
    STOP! This is getting ridiculous just like that F*cking article!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Draft Pick
    I have a bad feeling that Ben maybe on his way out of town. After just reading about the body guards having an active role in the GA case, and Rooney saying,
    Mr. Rooney said it seemed likely the discipline would be announced after the NFL draft.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10105...#ixzz0lCGvbQO2

It seems to me that they are trying to strike a deal (I hope I'm wrong), but why would you wait until after the draft to announce the discipline. Do it now and get moving toward the season. Do not let one wonder what the punishment is going to be. Does anyone else find this odd?

sound like a fine and community service is coming

Draft Pick
    If he screws up again, then maybe you explore that but in general if he's sincere and they are convinced then you should give him that chance to get back in the saddle and make things right.

Yeah he could win another SB title..................and finally seal the deal and actually undeniably rape someone at the after party.

I wonder what his trade value would be then.

Thread Information