Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Cornerbacks

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,324
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    gravity, why would we cut all the guys we just signed, they never played??

    your list is nice. we need CB, Center, ILB, Terrel Owens

    we win.
    those just signed are just signed to fill the off-season roster... They will get a chance, but in reality they are not expected to be on the team... Besides, most of our signings this year are awful signings, which added absoluttely nothing but a little depth. I agree with no gravity pretty much all the way. I would like to give dockett a chance on st though. He will never be a starter for us, but could easily become a great st addition.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  2. #22
    Veteran DanRooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    I am not exactly sure why you see this as a rebuilding year, unless you are going to go back to criticizing players like Woodley. Which lets be honest he shut you up towards the end of last season. THis is the exact same defense that you claim won us the superbowl minus McFadden and if was the D that won the superbowl, then this offense can still score points. Wallace will still need to be double teamed because of his speed, which will free up Ward and Miller. Mendenhall still had over 1000 yards starting 12 games. This team is not mediocre. THey have some holes but we will win 11 or 12 games.
    The criticism of Woodley was well warranted in the first 8 games of last season. His only stats in the first FOUR games was a whopping 3 mother****ing tackles. Two of his total sacks in those 8 games came against a geriatric quarterback and were coverage (DONG) sacks. He stepped it up in the last half of the season (probably because LeBeau gave him an earful) which is why I wasn't bashing him further.

    While I was criticizing Lamarr earlier in the year half of you guys were telling me William Gay was the next Asante Samuel when I said he reeked of dogshit as a starter in week 4. Now you are singing a similar tune to me. Funny eh?

    --- Added 4/16/2010 at 04:20 PM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    those just signed are just signed to fill the off-season roster... They will get a chance, but in reality they are not expected to be on the team... Besides, most of our signings this year are awful signings, which added absoluttely nothing but a little depth. I agree with no gravity pretty much all the way. I would like to give dockett a chance on st though. He will never be a starter for us, but could easily become a great st addition.
    ^this

    Dockett will never see the light of day unless it's on special teams unless Timmons and Foote go down. Chances of that happening are pretty slim.

    Look at Keyaran Fox. He played lights out against Tennessee and Minnesota and still is riding the bench. Come on it's not hard to figure out this team if you've been watching them as long as I have. Guys like Taunto Farrior get to **** the bed over and over while great players sit on the sidelines chatting with Steeley McBeam.
    Last edited by DanRooney; 04-16-2010 at 06:25 PM.

  3. #23
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,662
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    The criticism of Woodley was well warranted in the first 8 games of last season. His only stats in the first FOUR games was a whopping 3 mother****ing tackles. Two of his total sacks in those 8 games came against a geriatric quarterback and were coverage (DONG) sacks. He stepped it up in the last half of the season (probably because LeBeau gave him an earful) which is why I wasn't bashing him further.

    While I was criticizing Lamarr earlier in the year half of you guys were telling me William Gay was the next Asante Samuel when I said he reeked of dogshit as a starter in week 4. Now you are singing a similar tune to me. Funny eh?

    --- Added 4/16/2010 at 04:20 PM ---


    But you didnt complain about Woodley, called him names, said he was a bust, needs to be cut and things like that. Had you only criticized his play, I wouldnt have thought twice, but you were calling for his roster spot. So, if you were wrong about Woodley and he came around, who else are you wrong about? funny eh?

  4. #24
    POKER LEGEND
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    western pennsylvania
    Posts
    826
    after woodleys explosive yr other teams realized they had to worry bout him and they slid the protection his way and were also chipping him with the backs woodley is a beast and anyone who says other needs to get there head examined

  5. #25
    Veteran DanRooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    But you didnt complain about Woodley, called him names, said he was a bust, needs to be cut and things like that. Had you only criticized his play, I wouldnt have thought twice, but you were calling for his roster spot. So, if you were wrong about Woodley and he came around, who else are you wrong about? funny eh?
    Never said he was a bust or needs to be cut but hell yeah I was calling him names. He was playing like ****. Only thing I said was we should move Timmons to the outside, bench his *** and put Fox in the middle. Really wasn't a bad idea at the time if you think about it.

    Yeah it is funny because I was not wrong about anybody. I have many people on my hotseat for good reason including:

    1. William Gay
    2. James Farrior
    3. Mike Tomlin
    4. Justin Hartwig

    Does anyone in this list tickle your balls wrong aside from maybe 3? I'm sure you'll come around to 3 after next season.

    The people you should be mad at are the ones going off about Ben, one of the real elite players we have on our team.

  6. #26
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,662
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Never said he was a bust or needs to be cut but hell yeah I was calling him names. He was playing like ****. Only thing I said was we should move Timmons to the outside, bench his *** and put Fox in the middle. Really wasn't a bad idea at the time if you think about it.

    Yeah it is funny because I was not wrong about anybody. I have many people on my hotseat for good reason including:

    1. William Gay
    2. James Farrior
    3. Mike Tomlin
    4. Justin Hartwig

    Does anyone in this list tickle your balls wrong aside from maybe 3? I'm sure you'll come around to 3 after next season.

    The people you should be mad at are the ones going off about Ben, one of the real elite players we have on our team.
    The funny thing about a website like this is I can search you posts. You called on more than 1 occassion for Woodley to be traded or benched. So think about that, had you gotten your way, we would not have had our sack leader last year on the team or at least would have been benched, and the way you sounded in those posts, not for a game or two, but the rest of the season.

  7. #27
    Veteran DanRooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,135
    Like I said, he deserved to be benched for his subpar play in the first 8 games. He's a streaky player. In 2008 it was the opposite. He had a hot start then disappeared while Harrison took over. I think my argument is valid. I admit he played great in the final 8 games.

    Do you want me to dig up some of the blunders you've made? "I think Sweed is awesome!" and "I think William Gay is good." That's beyond embarrassing and just 2 pages in. Then saying "we'll be fine without Santonio." I can go further but I don't really care. By the looks of it though, sounds like we have a homer in the board . One of the Rooney, Mike, and Colbert can do no wrong people.

  8. #28
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,662
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Like I said, he deserved to be benched for his subpar play in the first 8 games. He's a streaky player. In 2008 it was the opposite. He had a hot start then disappeared while Harrison took over. I think my argument is valid. I admit he played great in the final 8 games.

    Do you want me to dig up some of the blunders you've made? "I think Sweed is awesome!" and "I think William Gay is good." That's beyond embarrassing and just 2 pages in. Then saying "we'll be fine without Santonio." I can go further but I don't really care. By the looks of it though, sounds like we have a homer in the board . One of the Rooney, Mike, and Colbert can do no wrong people.
    No, I do make mistakes in my judgment all the time, I thought Gay would do really well considering how well he played when McFadden was out, I was wrong. The difference is I admit, I tend to be a homer and trust the FO of the Steelers, you however, wont admit you made a mistake. I am fine with admitting I make mistakes. I do think Gay is a good nickel corner and thought he would be as good as McFadden and I do know that we will be fine with Holmes, at most he would have played 12 more regular season games for us, and according to your previous posts, we wont make the playoffs, so 12 more games and that would have been it. So we would have had to be fine without him either way.

  9. #29
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post

    The people you should be mad at are the ones going off about Ben, one of the real elite players we have on our team.
    Ben is a Douche,THe people in and around Pittsburgh say he's always been a douche and the sports writers say he's a Douche. After reading the reports if its true(which we dont know we weren't there) HE'S A DOUCHE & A PREDITOR, HOWEVER ITS TOUGH TO BELIVE SOMEONE NICKED NAME DTF= DOWN TO F*CK.

    Don't be mad at the people going off on Ben,MAybe it will get back to him and he will straighten the hell up. Your not a star without fans!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ike shadows Holmes to learn how to catch
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 12:18 AM
  2. 2009 NFL Scouting Combine: Offensive Linemen Weigh Ins
    By darnik44 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 05:30 PM
  3. Samuel to set the bar for cornerbacks
    By NOVA STEELERS in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 10:28 AM
  4. Steelers Taylor turning the corner
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 01:59 AM
  5. Steeler DB's can't be lost in space vs Bengals
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 06:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •