Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 75

Thread: Steeler Organization "Holds Itself to a Higher Standard".....BULL

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Okay I realize I'm going to get tons of disagreement on this..but everyones saying Ben is being treated different than Holmes just because he is Ben Roethlisberger, our franchise quarterback. But did nobody consider Holmes to be pretty damn important too? Holmes is by far not a third string wide reciever that warms the bench all game...I don't know.

  2. #22
    Spectator
    Captcoolhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    11,362
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    actually it does. nobody on the steelers has a rap sheet even close to holmes. santonio was arrested on 3 separate occasions, is currently being sued for assault, told a kid to kill himself, the fans don't cut his check and it's time to wake-n-bake on twitter and will be suspended 4 games for substance abuse and stated that he wanted to leave after 2010 anyway. it's not one incident that drove this decision. it's everything combined. it's the fact that he's had so many opportunities to clean up his image and yet he continues to **** up time and time again. it's not double standards. just that nobody else even comes close to santonio on this team in terms of **** ups

    --- Added 4/12/2010 at 05:37 PM ---



    actually it does. nobody on the steelers has a rap sheet even close to holmes. santonio was arrested on 3 separate occasions, is currently being sued for assault, told a kid to kill himself, the fans don't cut his check and it's time to wake-n-bake on twitter and will be suspended 4 games for substance abuse and stated that he wanted to leave after 2010 anyway. it's not one incident that drove this decision. it's everything combined. it's the fact that he's had so many opportunities to clean up his image and yet he continues to **** up time and time again. nobody else even comes close to santonio on this team in terms of **** ups
    Maybe you didn't think you convey what you had to say the first time...
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

  3. #23
    Starter MattyVfromCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Actually it doesn't. You are stupid if you think this proves that the Steelers organization "holds itself to a higher standard" than other NFL franchises.

    If you are trying to make some other point, you are still stupid because you don't understand the point being made, even after multiple explanations.
    calling me stupid doesn't make you look smart. just arrogant. the fact is look at other nfl franchises. we do no have as much bullshit going on as other teams. yes it's true that we have had issues but not as much as other teams. as far as a higher standard, the steelers do hold themselves to one, just not by a huge margin as you seem to think it should be. ben wasn't arrested in how many arrests have the steelers had in the past year? none. it's not like the 2006 bengals that had 9 arrests in a single year. while there is a bit of hypocrisy because we don't have goody good choirboys on the team, it's not like we have convicted felons either and we aren't going after convicted felons. the steelers haven't had as many problems as a lot of other teams. do you see the 90's cowboys? because i don't

    not to mention the fact, everybody will give somebody strikes. santonio is well over 3. nobody else on the steelers is

    --- Added 4/12/2010 at 05:57 PM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    Maybe you didn't think you convey what you had to say the first time...
    no, my wireless internet ****ed while it was submitting. i had to stop and resubmitt so it must have duplicated it lol
    Last edited by MattyVfromCT; 04-12-2010 at 06:53 PM.

  4. #24
    2nd String tburg68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Swanton, Ohio
    Posts
    624
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    calling me stupid doesn't make you look smart. just arrogant. the fact is look at other nfl franchises. we do no have as much bullshit going on as other teams. yes it's true that we have had issues but not as much as other teams. as far as a higher standard, the steelers do hold themselves to one, just not by a huge margin as you seem to think it should be. ben wasn't arrested in how many arrests have the steelers had in the past year? none. it's not like the 2006 bengals that had 9 arrests in a single year. while there is a bit of hypocrisy because we don't have goody good choirboys on the team, it's not like we have convicted felons either and we aren't going after convicted felons. the steelers haven't had as many problems as a lot of other teams. do you see the 90's cowboys? because i don't

    not to mention the fact, everybody will give somebody strikes. santonio is well over 3. nobody else on the steelers is
    Calling me a moron doesn't keep you from being stupid.

    If you believe what you just wrote, I am justified in the name I called you.

  5. #25
    Starter MattyVfromCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Calling me a moron doesn't keep you from being stupid.

    If you believe what you just wrote, I am justified in the name I called you.
    i didn't call you a moron. not once. just arrogant. and keep calling me stupid. i don't give a ****. you aren't impressing anyone by name calling on a ****ing message board

    if i believe what i wrote? name one steeler who's been arrested in the past year. not accused. not allegations. an arrest. name one steeler that's been on trial for murder. name anyone other than holmes who's actually had more than one arrest who's currently on the team. sorry dude but pacman jones, tank johnson, ray lewis, michael irvin are not on this team
    Last edited by MattyVfromCT; 04-12-2010 at 07:03 PM.

  6. #26
    2nd String tburg68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Swanton, Ohio
    Posts
    624
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    i didn't call you a moron. not once. just arrogant. and keep calling me stupid. i don't give a ****. you aren't impressing anyone by name calling on a ****ing message board

    if i believe what i wrote? name one steeler who's been arrested in the past year. not accused. not allegations. an arrest. name one steeler that's been on trial for murder. name anyone other than holmes who's actually had more than one arrest who's currently on the team. sorry dude but pacman jones, tank johnson, ray lewis, michael irvin are not on this team
    You didn't call me a moron, that was someone else in a different thread, my bad.

    Believing that the Steelers hold themselves to a higher standard is still stupid.

  7. #27
    Starter MattyVfromCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    You didn't call me a moron, that was someone else in a different thread, my bad.

    Believing that the Steelers hold themselves to a higher standard is still stupid.
    i believe that but to a certain extent. there is hypocrisy like in the cedrick wilson case when silverback basically did the same thing. but comparing santonio to ben is stupid. ben has not ben arrested. santonio has been 3 times. and while we do have guys who do **** off the field, it's not as bad as you see on several other teams. no steeler arrests have been in the same category as say pacman, tank johnson, etc. we do, but to a certain extent. we aren't as bad as dallas, cincy, etc

  8. #28
    2nd String tburg68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Swanton, Ohio
    Posts
    624
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    i believe that but to a certain extent. there is hypocrisy like in the cedrick wilson case when silverback basically did the same thing. but comparing santonio to ben is stupid. ben has not ben arrested. santonio has been 3 times. and while we do have guys who do **** off the field, it's not as bad as you see on several other teams. no steeler arrests have been in the same category as say pacman, tank johnson, etc. we do, but to a certain extent. we aren't as bad as dallas, cincy, etc
    I don't believe you are understanding the point. I am not comparing Holmes to Ben, in fact, I conceded that Santonio (as far as public record goes), is more screwed up than Ben.

    The point is that the Steelers don't hold themselves to a higher standard. If they did, there would be several current Steelers out of a job.

  9. #29
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,981
    i hope ben rapes you next mattyv.

    you are missing my point

  10. #30
    Starter MattyVfromCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,297
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    I don't believe you are understanding the point. I am not comparing Holmes to Ben, in fact, I conceded that Santonio (as far as public record goes), is more screwed up than Ben.

    The point is that the Steelers don't hold themselves to a higher standard. If they did, there would be several current Steelers out of a job.
    no. what you are saying would mean they have a ZERO TOLERANCE, which they definitely don't. they do hold themselves to a higher standard, but that standard isn't much higher. that's all i'm trying to say. your point would be valid if you said that the steelers claimed they cut holmes because of a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Found a Steeler bar in CA thanks to Steeler Addicts!
    By BLEEDZBLACKANDGOLD in forum New Addicts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 10:13 PM
  2. James Harrison's Dog Attacks His Son
    By Iron City South in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 11:10 AM
  3. What's the big deal about Steeler Football?
    By ejsteeler in forum Steelers Pictures, Videos, & Songs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 12:39 PM
  4. Tampa Steeler parties!!!
    By SteelCity Mafia in forum Steelers Tailgate Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 09:30 AM
  5. Bulls, not riders, under steroids cloud in bull riding
    By AZ_Steeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 03:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •