Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler Organization "Holds Itself to a Higher Standard".....BULL

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Okay I realize I'm going to get tons of disagreement on this..but everyones saying Ben is being treated different than Holmes just because he is Ben Roethlisberger, our franchise quarterback. But did nobody consider Holmes to be pretty damn important too? Holmes is by far not a third string wide reciever that warms the bench all game...I don't know.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    actually it does. nobody on the steelers has a rap sheet even close to holmes. santonio was arrested on 3 separate occasions, is currently being sued for assault, told a kid to kill himself, the fans don't cut his check and it's time to wake-n-bake on twitter and will be suspended 4 games for substance abuse and stated that he wanted to leave after 2010 anyway. it's not one incident that drove this decision. it's everything combined. it's the fact that he's had so many opportunities to clean up his image and yet he continues to **** up time and time again. it's not double standards. just that nobody else even comes close to santonio on this team in terms of **** ups

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 05:37 PM ---

actually it does. nobody on the steelers has a rap sheet even close to holmes. santonio was arrested on 3 separate occasions, is currently being sued for assault, told a kid to kill himself, the fans don't cut his check and it's time to wake-n-bake on twitter and will be suspended 4 games for substance abuse and stated that he wanted to leave after 2010 anyway. it's not one incident that drove this decision. it's everything combined. it's the fact that he's had so many opportunities to clean up his image and yet he continues to **** up time and time again. nobody else even comes close to santonio on this team in terms of **** ups
    Maybe you didn't think you convey what you had to say the first time...
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Actually it doesn't. You are stupid if you think this proves that the Steelers organization "holds itself to a higher standard" than other NFL franchises.

If you are trying to make some other point, you are still stupid because you don't understand the point being made, even after multiple explanations.
    calling me stupid doesn't make you look smart. just arrogant. the fact is look at other nfl franchises. we do no have as much bullshit going on as other teams. yes it's true that we have had issues but not as much as other teams. as far as a higher standard, the steelers do hold themselves to one, just not by a huge margin as you seem to think it should be. ben wasn't arrested in how many arrests have the steelers had in the past year? none. it's not like the 2006 bengals that had 9 arrests in a single year. while there is a bit of hypocrisy because we don't have goody good choirboys on the team, it's not like we have convicted felons either and we aren't going after convicted felons. the steelers haven't had as many problems as a lot of other teams. do you see the 90's cowboys? because i don't

not to mention the fact, everybody will give somebody strikes. santonio is well over 3. nobody else on the steelers is

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 05:57 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    Maybe you didn't think you convey what you had to say the first time...
    no, my wireless internet ****ed while it was submitting. i had to stop and resubmitt so it must have duplicated it lol
    Last edited by MattyVfromCT; 04-12-2010 at 06:53 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    calling me stupid doesn't make you look smart. just arrogant. the fact is look at other nfl franchises. we do no have as much bullshit going on as other teams. yes it's true that we have had issues but not as much as other teams. as far as a higher standard, the steelers do hold themselves to one, just not by a huge margin as you seem to think it should be. ben wasn't arrested in how many arrests have the steelers had in the past year? none. it's not like the 2006 bengals that had 9 arrests in a single year. while there is a bit of hypocrisy because we don't have goody good choirboys on the team, it's not like we have convicted felons either and we aren't going after convicted felons. the steelers haven't had as many problems as a lot of other teams. do you see the 90's cowboys? because i don't

not to mention the fact, everybody will give somebody strikes. santonio is well over 3. nobody else on the steelers is
    Calling me a moron doesn't keep you from being stupid.

If you believe what you just wrote, I am justified in the name I called you.

Calling me a moron doesn't keep you from being stupid.

If you believe what you just wrote, I am justified in the name I called you.
    i didn't call you a moron. not once. just arrogant. and keep calling me stupid. i don't give a ****. you aren't impressing anyone by name calling on a ****ing message board

if i believe what i wrote? name one steeler who's been arrested in the past year. not accused. not allegations. an arrest. name one steeler that's been on trial for murder. name anyone other than holmes who's actually had more than one arrest who's currently on the team. sorry dude but pacman jones, tank johnson, ray lewis, michael irvin are not on this team
    Last edited by MattyVfromCT; 04-12-2010 at 07:03 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i didn't call you a moron. not once. just arrogant. and keep calling me stupid. i don't give a ****. you aren't impressing anyone by name calling on a ****ing message board

if i believe what i wrote? name one steeler who's been arrested in the past year. not accused. not allegations. an arrest. name one steeler that's been on trial for murder. name anyone other than holmes who's actually had more than one arrest who's currently on the team. sorry dude but pacman jones, tank johnson, ray lewis, michael irvin are not on this team
    You didn't call me a moron, that was someone else in a different thread, my bad.

Believing that the Steelers hold themselves to a higher standard is still stupid.

You didn't call me a moron, that was someone else in a different thread, my bad.

Believing that the Steelers hold themselves to a higher standard is still stupid.
    i believe that but to a certain extent. there is hypocrisy like in the cedrick wilson case when silverback basically did the same thing. but comparing santonio to ben is stupid. ben has not ben arrested. santonio has been 3 times. and while we do have guys who do **** off the field, it's not as bad as you see on several other teams. no steeler arrests have been in the same category as say pacman, tank johnson, etc. we do, but to a certain extent. we aren't as bad as dallas, cincy, etc

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i believe that but to a certain extent. there is hypocrisy like in the cedrick wilson case when silverback basically did the same thing. but comparing santonio to ben is stupid. ben has not ben arrested. santonio has been 3 times. and while we do have guys who do **** off the field, it's not as bad as you see on several other teams. no steeler arrests have been in the same category as say pacman, tank johnson, etc. we do, but to a certain extent. we aren't as bad as dallas, cincy, etc
    I don't believe you are understanding the point. I am not comparing Holmes to Ben, in fact, I conceded that Santonio (as far as public record goes), is more screwed up than Ben.

The point is that the Steelers don't hold themselves to a higher standard. If they did, there would be several current Steelers out of a job.

i hope ben rapes you next mattyv.

you are missing my point

I don't believe you are understanding the point. I am not comparing Holmes to Ben, in fact, I conceded that Santonio (as far as public record goes), is more screwed up than Ben.

The point is that the Steelers don't hold themselves to a higher standard. If they did, there would be several current Steelers out of a job.
    no. what you are saying would mean they have a ZERO TOLERANCE, which they definitely don't. they do hold themselves to a higher standard, but that standard isn't much higher. that's all i'm trying to say. your point would be valid if you said that the steelers claimed they cut holmes because of a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY

Thread Information