Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steeler Organization "Holds Itself to a Higher Standard".....BULL

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    What free passes has Ben gotten really?.......This cracks me up and I'm not just being a Ben supporter....Ben is a young single rich male that has sex...No surprise and not a crime....If he had raped these women then by all means I hope he was punished to the max of the law.......But he was found innocent in this latest one and probably innocent with McNutty.....

just the overall recklessness of it. he may have done it and gotten away with it...either way hes lucked out twice now. holmes smokes...ok i get that, but he didnt get charged with the glass incident, but it was the tweets that got the rooneys furious which is retarded.

i just think that ben could test positive for weed and tomlin and the rooney boys would be down to burn with him. bens actions have been just as much a "tarnish" to the steeler name as anything holmes has done, i love ben, i dont want him to go anywhere ever but rooneys=hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    just the overall recklessness of it. he may have done it and gotten away with it...either way hes lucked out twice now. holmes smokes...ok i get that, but he didnt get charged with the glass incident, but it was the tweets that got the rooneys furious which is retarded.

i just think that ben could test positive for weed and tomlin and the rooney boys would be down to burn with him. bens actions have been just as much a "tarnish" to the steeler name as anything holmes has done, i love ben, i dont want him to go anywhere ever but rooneys=hypocrites
    Holmes was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida on May 27, 2006 for disorderly conduct.[9] Charges were subsequently dropped after Holmes paid a fine.

Holmes was arrested for a second time on June 18, 2006 for domestic violence and assault in Columbus, Ohio.[10]

On July 7, 2006, Holmes appeared in Franklin County Court in Columbus, Ohio for both a pre-trial regarding the domestic case and hearing regarding the traffic ticket. He plead no contest to the traffic ticket and agreed to pay a fine. While Lashae Boone, the mother of Holmes' daughter and the victim in the assault case, requested that the domestic violence and assault charges be dropped, the prosecutor refused. Boone and their daughter accompanied Holmes to court. The charges were later dropped.[11]

On October 23, 2008, Holmes was arrested in Pittsburgh and cited by officers for possession of marijuana.[12][13] He released an apology after missing a game, stating that he wished to "focus all of [his] efforts on helping our team win on the field and achieve its ultimate goal."[14]

On March 24, 2010, Anshonae Mills filed a lawsuit against Holmes over a March 7 incident in which she alleges Holmes threw a glass at her in an Orlando nightclub, resulting in a cut above her eye. Initially, Mills did not pursue charges, claiming Holmes and the police intimidated her into it, but the case has been reopened. Subsequently, after a Twitter comment criticizing the nightclub incident, Holmes told the follower to "kill urself." He later Tweeted it was time to "wake n bake," a reference to marijuana.[15]

sorry but ben's rap sheet is nowhere near as long as holmes'

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    No one is denying a double standard exists except the Steelers themselves! That is the point. What is being pointed out in this thread and many others is that they are hypocritical. The Holmes trade is just another of many examples.

I have never held up a picture of Tiger Woods or Ben or Holmes or any other athlete or celebrity and told my kids to model their life after these people. Money and fame corrupt people. Not admitting that would be like sticking your head in the sand. I would never exalt these people as role models for my kids.

The Steelers are trying to exalt themselves as some sort of squeeky clean organization which is BULL. I bet we could poll this forum(and if people were honest) and find that most people only care about what happens on the field. To pretend that any organization in sports only employs law abiding role models is pure stupidity. Sports franchises employ players they think will make them money, period. To try and paint yourself as anything other than that is nothing more than self serving.

ok so dropped disorderly, dropped domestic, weed charge, tweet.

ben is motorcycle accident without a license or helmet, charges dropped for sex assualt, charges dropped for sex assault.

give me a break

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    Holmes was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida on May 27, 2006 for disorderly conduct.[9] Charges were subsequently dropped after Holmes paid a fine.

Holmes was arrested for a second time on June 18, 2006 for domestic violence and assault in Columbus, Ohio.[10]

On July 7, 2006, Holmes appeared in Franklin County Court in Columbus, Ohio for both a pre-trial regarding the domestic case and hearing regarding the traffic ticket. He plead no contest to the traffic ticket and agreed to pay a fine. While Lashae Boone, the mother of Holmes' daughter and the victim in the assault case, requested that the domestic violence and assault charges be dropped, the prosecutor refused. Boone and their daughter accompanied Holmes to court. The charges were later dropped.[11]

On October 23, 2008, Holmes was arrested in Pittsburgh and cited by officers for possession of marijuana.[12][13] He released an apology after missing a game, stating that he wished to "focus all of [his] efforts on helping our team win on the field and achieve its ultimate goal."[14]

On March 24, 2010, Anshonae Mills filed a lawsuit against Holmes over a March 7 incident in which she alleges Holmes threw a glass at her in an Orlando nightclub, resulting in a cut above her eye. Initially, Mills did not pursue charges, claiming Holmes and the police intimidated her into it, but the case has been reopened. Subsequently, after a Twitter comment criticizing the nightclub incident, Holmes told the follower to "kill urself." He later Tweeted it was time to "wake n bake," a reference to marijuana.[15]

sorry but ben's rap sheet is nowhere near as long as holmes'
    Holmes personal life is a train wreck. I will be glad to agree with you if you will stop posting it.

It has nothing to do with the point that the Steelers pretend to only employ Upstanding Citizens. They do employ a double standard and you can't deny that. If your point is simply that Holmes has done worse than Ben, according to what is PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE, I agree. Still doesn't disprove the point of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ok so dropped disorderly, dropped domestic, weed charge, tweet.

ben is motorcycle accident without a license or helmet, charges dropped for sex assualt, charges dropped for sex assault.

give me a break
    are you seriously bringing up a motorcycle accident that wasn't his fault to try and put it on the same level as santonio's **** ups? come on. he was guilty of not wearing a helmet. that's it. there's was no helmet law and the woman made an illegal turn right in front of him

I think taking advantage of a drunk girl and possibly raping her is far worse than smoking weed. Clearly Ben is a womanizing prick. That's not to say I want to see him gone, but I don't think Holmes should have been traded either. The Rooney's are seriously retarded if they think trading Holmes helps their image in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Holmes personal life is a train wreck. I will be glad to agree with you if you will stop posting it.

It has nothing to do with the point that the Steelers pretend to only employ Upstanding Citizens. They do employ a double standard and you can't deny that. If your point is simply that Holmes has done worse than Ben, according to what is PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE, I agree. Still doesn't disprove the point of the thread.
    actually it does. nobody on the steelers has a rap sheet even close to holmes. santonio was arrested on 3 separate occasions, is currently being sued for assault, told a kid to kill himself, the fans don't cut his check and it's time to wake-n-bake on twitter and will be suspended 4 games for substance abuse and stated that he wanted to leave after 2010 anyway. it's not one incident that drove this decision. it's everything combined. it's the fact that he's had so many opportunities to clean up his image and yet he continues to **** up time and time again. it's not double standards. just that nobody else even comes close to santonio on this team in terms of **** ups

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 05:37 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post

actually it does. nobody on the steelers has a rap sheet even close to holmes. santonio was arrested on 3 separate occasions, is currently being sued for assault, told a kid to kill himself, the fans don't cut his check and it's time to wake-n-bake on twitter and will be suspended 4 games for substance abuse and stated that he wanted to leave after 2010 anyway. it's not one incident that drove this decision. it's everything combined. it's the fact that he's had so many opportunities to clean up his image and yet he continues to **** up time and time again. nobody else even comes close to santonio on this team in terms of **** ups

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    actually it does.
    Actually it doesn't. You are stupid if you think this proves that the Steelers organization "holds itself to a higher standard" than other NFL franchises.

If you are trying to make some other point, you are still stupid because you don't understand the point being made, even after multiple explanations.

Thread Information