Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with Tebow?

Bookmark and Share

Whats wrong with Tebow?

As a Brit i don't get to see much coverage of the college games here, but i do know about Teebow.

Proven winner, and running qb, but there is ALOT of negativity around him, in that on one wants to draft him. There was an article on this site ( i can't find it again ) about how we should think about drafting him at 18 if he's still on the board.

So what is it about teebow people don't like ?

No such thing as a running QB in the NFL today imo. Defenders are just to fast. Look what happened with Leon Washington, and both the guys from Dolphins (pat white and the other guy) - all got injured.

Tebow has the most awful mechanics ive ever seen with a pro QB. His short throws are very bad and so on. He is just a bad QB.Sure, he is a winner, but wanting to win does not make you a good QB..
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

hes terrible as a pro style QB....5th round prospect with a legendary resume

so he's no Mike Vick or Slash ? Not that i particaularly rated either of them but trying to get a flavour of what he's like and why everyone is so down on him.

If the steelers did take a punt on him, what round pick ( seriously ) do you think we'd need to use to get him ?

he'll go in the first, at the latest the second....but it will be a team like jacksonville desperate to sell tickets.

i wouldnt look at him before the 4th

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Can we please stop the Tebow insanity. Even if the Steelers continued their insane FO manuevers, and traded Ben, Tebow would be the WORST option!

Tebow sucks, period!

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Can we please stop the Tebow insanity. Even if the Steelers continued their insane FO manuevers, and traded Ben, Tebow would be the WORST option!

Tebow sucks, period!
    yeah i get the message dude but WHY does he suck? I've never seen the guy play so want to understand what the problem is with him

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburghpete View Post
    yeah i get the message dude but WHY does he suck? I've never seen the guy play so want to understand what the problem is with him
    awful mechanics, thinks he can plow over everyone (which he kind of could), erratic accuracy, terrible footwork, never played under center, literally no experience in a pro offense, never had to read a defense in urban meyers gimmicky system, looks more like a TE or FB

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him in the 5th, IF he would agree to switch to TE.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburghpete View Post
    He benefited from the team he was on for one. like K-train said I think his biggest problem would be the fact that he has never had to read a defense, which is huge in the nfl. He really doesn't have a great arm, and also he's lacking in the accuracy department...sub par mechanics....I am sure he is willing to work hard and try and improve but he would have a long way to go....lets say that hypothetically he is a really fast learner and starts to understand how to read an nfl defense, he would still have miles to go considering all of his other shortcomings as an nfl qb...I just dont see him ever being able to be a starting qb.

Thread Information