Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Does the Holmes trade change draft plans?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,017
    here is a quote from bay-bay

    "Looking at the mock drafts, it seems like no (wide receiver) is in the top five (picks)," he said. "I feel like I'm a top-10 athlete compared to everyone else. ... Just watching the other (receivers) and seeing what they do, I feel like I block the best, I make more plays. I'm more explosive, bigger, maybe the fastest. I can't say that yet; I haven't run the 40."

    http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...l-draft-boards

  2. #32
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    [QUOTE=coach;341435]What a drop. From SB MVP to fifth round trade bait.


    He could be out of the league before his suspension is over. Next positive test and he's gone for a year. I knew he was gone so I'm not shocked he's gone but shocked at a 5th round pick. But then again, The Steelers had no leverage and Holmes is a major risk of getting suspended for 1yr. Stay away from THE STICKY IKY

    --- Added 4/13/2010 at 11:10 AM ---

    THE STEELERS can get a WR in the 3rd round. We need OL & CB in the first two rounds. Maybe The Steelers can package a 2nd and both 5ths to denver for Marshall or Move back in the first with The Jets,picking up a second rounder then trade that 1st to Denver for Marshall. That gives us MArshall and a CB,OL, CB, LB/DL or CB,RB.
    OR
    Make the trade with Tampa or Kc for their two 2nd rounders. We can move back and then get KC's or from #18 get Tampas based on the value chart.

  3. #33
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,628
    [QUOTE=JollyRob68;341654]
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    What a drop. From SB MVP to fifth round trade bait.


    He could be out of the league before his suspension is over. Next positive test and he's gone for a year. I knew he was gone so I'm not shocked he's gone but shocked at a 5th round pick. But then again, The Steelers had no leverage and Holmes is a major risk of getting suspended for 1yr. Stay away from THE STICKY IKY

    --- Added 4/13/2010 at 11:10 AM ---

    THE STEELERS can get a WR in the 3rd round. We need OL & CB in the first two rounds. Maybe The Steelers can package a 2nd and both 5ths to denver for Marshall or Move back in the first with The Jets,picking up a second rounder then trade that 1st to Denver for Marshall. That gives us MArshall and a CB,OL, CB, LB/DL or CB,RB.
    OR
    Make the trade with Tampa or Kc for their two 2nd rounders. We can move back and then get KC's or from #18 get Tampas based on the value chart.
    buy T.O. for one year or two. the CB's and Safeties have to chase TO around then Miller and Hines and wallace are open. the FO has to pay for its mistakes, this is a pay to fix bad deal.

  4. #34
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    [QUOTE=coldrolled;341668]
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post

    buy T.O. for one year or two. the CB's and Safeties have to chase TO around then Miller and Hines and wallace are open. the FO has to pay for its mistakes, this is a pay to fix bad deal.
    What about coles? and now Miami is shopping Ted Ginn Jr. I say the steelers offer a 5th for him or even a 4th, 2 5ths. Miami with all their wildcat didn't use him right. I think he would help us out and we can get him for a low pick.

  5. #35
    2nd String tburg68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Swanton, Ohio
    Posts
    624
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    [QUOTE=JollyRob68;341705]
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post

    What about coles? and now Miami is shopping Ted Ginn Jr. I say the steelers offer a 5th for him or even a 4th, 2 5ths. Miami with all their wildcat didn't use him right. I think he would help us out and we can get him for a low pick.
    If the Steelers were starting a track team, I'd say trade for him. Since this is football, I say no way. Ginn can't catch. We already have a WR that can't catch.

  6. #36
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170
    I don't think this changes their draft board at all. I believe they will pick-up another WR in the 3rd or 4th round. I agree with someone else who stated that we will still pick a CB and OL with the first two picks. Which one is first and which one is second will all depend on how the draft plays out and who is available at the time.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  7. #37
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    [QUOTE=tburg68;341721]
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post

    If the Steelers were starting a track team, I'd say trade for him. Since this is football, I say no way. Ginn can't catch. We already have a WR that can't catch.
    We could use him in the return game and he has a proven Vet in Hines Ward to learn from. Who was he learning from in Miami? No one! Plus I think he'd do well as a Steeler WR.

    --- Added 4/14/2010 at 02:42 PM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I don't think this changes their draft board at all. I believe they will pick-up another WR in the 3rd or 4th round. I agree with someone else who stated that we will still pick a CB and OL with the first two picks. Which one is first and which one is second will all depend on how the draft plays out and who is available at the time.
    If Pouncey is gone GEt the CB. As much as I like Iupati take one of the top CB unless McClain Sliped. THen get JAreed Veldheer,Jon Asamoah or John Jerry in the 2nd.If we can move up in the second and get Golden Tate or Arrellious Benn.

  8. #38
    2nd String tburg68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Swanton, Ohio
    Posts
    624
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    We could use him in the return game and he has a proven Vet in Hines Ward to learn from. Who was he learning from in Miami? No one! Plus I think he'd do well as a Steeler WR.
    He has his COACHES to learn from. He had college and now the Pro's. He CAN'T catch. We also don't need a fast guy who's only worth is in the return game. We already have one of those also.

  9. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    What do the Steelers now do in the draft? Does this change their minds to now drafting a WR early?

    They have a good receiving core already, with I guess Wallace taking over Holmes' spot and Randel'El taking over the 3rd receiver. Sweed can fly as well (just can't catch). I don't see them going after a receiver too high (maybe in the 5th take a shot at someone). I certinly hope they don't.

    In the first, I'd go either OL or an impact defensive player if there is one availble. I don't want to come out of this draft without at least 1 top notch lineman, if not 2 (tired of seeing Ben on his butt 50 times a year.)

  10. #40
    POKER LEGEND
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    western pennsylvania
    Posts
    826
    i proposed this question to mel kiper jr on twitter and his response was they could go wr as early as the 2nd rd to watch for ohios taylor price and minnesotas eric decker

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Possible 1st Round Trade Scenarios
    By darnik44 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 03:02 AM
  2. Draft Trade Rumor
    By K Train in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 12:39 PM
  3. Yahoo! NFC Draft Grades
    By Hburg in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
  4. Holmes gaining coaches favor
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 06:18 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •