Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best mock draft I've seen this year (for the Steelers)...

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    We know you hate the gators and think Maurkice Pouncey is overrated, but Pouncey is a likely pick...so let me ask you this, would you rather Maurkice Pouncey be the pick at 18 or would you rather get a top-10 pick next year and Maurkice Pouncey?

--- Added 4/11/2010 at 12:41 PM ---

Not getting any of the great talent? Maurkice Pouncey is the best center to come out in a long time, he's right up there with Mangold and would immediately upgrade the line...

from your post, it seems like you read up to the 18th pick, saw the trade and then commented, without seeing that we traded back into the first round for Maurkice Pouncey...Im right aren't I?
    Damn yeah..That would be wonderful! Sorry about that, totally missed that one.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Damn yeah..That would be wonderful! Sorry about that, totally missed that one.
    Ya I was pretty sure you didn't keep reading after 18 haha

We have too many picks this year to trade down and too many guys that are guaranteed roster spots for next season (guys like Foote and Randle El). I would like seeing us trading up in the 2nd round by packaging a 4th and a 5th. We don't need any more picks.

Trading picks

[QUOTE=steeldawgswag;340849]I would rather have Pouncey as the 18th pick than spend so much more money next year on a top 3 pick.

I hate trading down, God injured Polamalu this year to Gift us with a draft pick with so many talented people on the draft... someone great will fall to us, if that is god forbid pouncey i will hate it but i will have to live with it.

I hate hate hate trading down.

--- Added 4/11/2010 at 02:44 PM ---

There will definitely be talent there at 18. But, I also think trading up and/or down can work depending on your team's board and philosophy. To land top left tackles, for example, you have to finish in a crappy position or trade for one. They usaully go quickly. With comp picks this year, we actually have 7 picks we could use to trade up if there was a guy on the board that we felt we had to have.
    The Steelers have, unfortunately, had more than a few misses in the past few drafts so the extra picks provide a margin for error. I don't disagree that trading down has drawbacks, but some teams draft better than others.
    I think we would all love a repeat of the 74 draft, but that is not realistic. I just hope we land about 4 or 5 real contributors. I don't really care if we trade up or down or make the pick where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    We have too many picks this year to trade down and too many guys that are guaranteed roster spots for next season (guys like Foote and Randle El). I would like seeing us trading up in the 2nd round by packaging a 4th and a 5th. We don't need any more picks.
    this mock actually gives us 9 picks this year, 1 less than we have now...so its not giving us more picks...And I wouldnt go as far as saying antwaan is gauranteed a roster spot next year...

el is definitely not guaranteed a spot lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    el is definitely not guaranteed a spot lol
    they wont just cut him as he is a contributor from previous years, its like jizzing in the guys face and its not professional and is on good terms will colbert. he just doesnt cut guys like randel el.

he has done nothing for us in 5 years, they have no ties to him anymore...if he sucks it up hes out. hes half the player he was and he was never that good

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he has done nothing for us in 5 years, they have no ties to him anymore...if he sucks it up hes out. hes half the player he was and he was never that good
    I can garuntee he won't be cut.

i guarantee hes borderline 53 man roster, especially if logan shows up to win the return job

Thread Information