Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sources: Santonio Holmes facing four-game suspension

Bookmark and Share
    Awaiting Seven...

Sources: Santonio Holmes facing four-game suspension

Sources: Santonio Holmes facing four-game suspension
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2010 11:24 AM ET

Late Friday afternoon brought good news for the Pittsburgh Steelers, with the report from ESPN that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger won't be charged with sexual assault in Milledgeville, Georgia.

Now for the bad news.

Multiple sources have advised us that receiver Santonio Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the league's substance-abuse policy. It's presently unknown whether Holmes tested positive for a prohibited substance or committed some other violation of the policy, such as missing a required test. It's our current understanding that the internal NFL appeals process has not been finalized.

Under the substance-abuse policy, a four-game suspension comes after multiple violations. The fact that Holmes, the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, is facing a four-game suspension means that Holmes previously has paid a fine in the amount of three seventeenths of his base salary (i.e., three game checks).

Though we're not aware of the specific identity of the substance involved, Holmes has a history with marijuana. In 2008, he was cited for marijuana possession, prompting the Steelers to suspend him for one game with pay. Recently, he posted on Twitter a message indicating an intention to "wake n bake," slang for smoking marijuana upon getting out of bed.

Holmes also has recently been accused of throwing a drink in the face of a woman at an Orlando nightclub. The alleged victim has both sued Holmes and pursued criminal liability, after indicating on the scene that she did not want to press charges. His lawyer has denied the accusations, recently claiming that a witness has signed a sworn statement taking responsibility for throwing the drink. The suspension Holmes faces arose independently of this alleged incident.
    Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...me-suspension/

I was going to post this too...

This is depressing...not necessarily the suspension but how stupid he can be and how the Rooney's probably won't put up with this anymore....through his allegations ive been saying how stupid it was to think Santonio would be cut, traded, or not resigned...now its looking like he might not be a steeler after this season...you have no idea how hard that is for me to say....hes been one of my favorite steelers and i dont want to see him go anywhere...

I still think it would be a mistake to not resign him....

That idiot put on Twitter that he intended to "wake-bake"? Jesus, someone needs to delete his Twitter account....didn't he tell some kid to go kill himself as well? Ugghhh. Get it together Holmes!
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Gold Standard
    This is why character matters. This is why drafting players who like the maryjane and grew up smoking it are trouble for NFL teams. Doesn't matter how good a player is they can't help you when they are suspended.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    That idiot put on Twitter that he intended to "wake-bake"? Jesus, someone needs to delete his Twitter account....didn't he tell some kid to go kill himself as well? Ugghhh. Get it together Holmes!
    I couldnt give two shits about what he says on twitter....Its not what he says, its what he does...but the fact that he actually said it was time to wake n bake and actually might have, is just beyond stupid on his part...imo that whole "kill yourself" thing was taken WAY too seriously...
    Last edited by Big T; 04-10-2010 at 12:28 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Holmes. Atleast we have Mike Wallace to pick up some of the slack.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    If there is any truth to this or not, Holmes brought alot of grief to the table. I would be surprise if He last beyond the next season on this team. He seems to be showing everything he can to get dropped/traded. Maybe TO jr should realize that Star players get paid, not team *******s.

I'm sure Holmes will be put on the block and wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers entertain a trade in this years draft. IMO.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Addicted
    Mike Wallace gets his big opportunity.

Im excited to see what he can do in a starting role. he is our future reciever.

My Mood
    Addicted
    good thing i just got my mike wallace jersey on easter

it pisses me off that ben and santonio keep putting themselves in these positions...they both need to be on house arrest while they're on this team

My Mood
    Addicted
    Im excited anything for Mike Wallace.

Man he is going to tear up those defenses come september.

he gonna make teams cry for passing him up.

Thread Information