Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Most Overrated Prospects?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted

    Most Overrated Prospects?

    Mine are

    - Sean Weatherspoon
    - Mike Iupati
    - Myron Rolle

    I think Berry is slightly overrated, go look at game film he doesn't try hard enough on the run game when blocked and sometimes he did nothing in a game (yes the other team obviously didnt want to go near him) but still Polamalu and Ed Reed still make plays whilst being taken out of the game.

    Who's your most overrated Prospects?

  2. #2
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,241
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post
    Mine are

    - Sean Weatherspoon
    - Mike Iupati
    - Myron Rolle

    I think Berry is slightly overrated, go look at game film he doesn't try hard enough on the run game when blocked and sometimes he did nothing in a game (yes the other team obviously didnt want to go near him) but still Polamalu and Ed Reed still make plays whilst being taken out of the game.

    Who's your most overrated Prospects?
    just so you know your saying berry doesnt try hard, thomas doesnt try at all

    weatherspoon is a tackling machine and a crazy vocal guy on the field. the dude is violent, not overrated.

    dan williams is overrated, jared odrick, chad jones, dez bryant, JPP, ryan matthews and toby gerhart

  3. #3
    Veteran DanRooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,126
    Eric Berry is a monster. I have no clue what you are talking about.

  4. #4
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,241
    best DB prospect ive ever seen, even better than sean taylor RIP

    sam bradford wins this thread btw

  5. #5
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted
    What Ed Reed was a much better free safety in college.

    Weatherspoon got worked by some premier guards.

  6. #6
    Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,017
    Carlos Dunlap, JPP, any QB not named Jimmy Clausen, Myron Rolle, Ryan Mattews, Tim Tebow at any position

    Two sidebars:

    Suh and McCoy are good imo, but I would rather have Ngata than any DL in this draft ...

    Lets start the Sam Bradford discussion ... I have looked all over and cannot find much of him throwing under pressure - 4 out of the six OL (Loadholt, Robinson, Williams, Gresham) are legit NFL players ... he also seems to throw into wide lanes and his ball is not real straight/low to the ground/fast ... i remember some1 said he looked like alex smith ...

    clausen on the other hand looks like he can make NFL throws .. Why is Bradford ahead of Clausen ?

  7. #7
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post
    What Ed Reed was a much better free safety in college.

    Weatherspoon got worked by some premier guards.
    Not really. I cannot think of anything Ed Reed did better than Eric Berry.

    Weatherspoon is going to be a stud at LB, mark it down. He plays with an extreamly big moter and is as focal as any player. He does not blow up guards as McClain and Spikes does, but he is smarter than both, and faster too. If he added a little weight he would be ideal imo.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  8. #8
    POKER LEGEND
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    western pennsylvania
    Posts
    826
    berry is the best prospect ive seen come out in the last few yrs quite possibly the best db prospect ive ever seen hes going to be an animal

  9. #9
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Not really. I cannot think of anything Ed Reed did better than Eric Berry.

    Weatherspoon is going to be a stud at LB, mark it down. He plays with an extreamly big moter and is as focal as any player. He does not blow up guards as McClain and Spikes does, but he is smarter than both, and faster too. If he added a little weight he would be ideal imo.
    Weatherspoon isn't smarter than McClain

    See that is just ignorance.

    Ed Reed had far more interceptions.

    Ed Reed had 15 tackles in one game, Berry hasn't got close to that mark at college according to stats.

    Ed Reed

    6 forced fumbles
    6 sacks
    266 tackles
    21 ints

    I couldn't find how many he took back for touchdowns but i garuntee about 8.

    Eric Berry

    2 forced fumbles
    3 sacks
    241 tackles
    14 ints

    Ed Reed > Eric Berry

    Yes Ed Reed played FS at college and Berry played SS but also played FS at times.

    Eric Berry will never be 3/4's of what Ed Reed was, to not admit probably because he is a raven fan is ignorance.

  10. #10
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post
    Weatherspoon isn't smarter than McClain

    See that is just ignorance.

    Ed Reed had far more interceptions.

    Ed Reed had 15 tackles in one game, Berry hasn't got close to that mark at college according to stats.

    Ed Reed

    6 forced fumbles
    6 sacks
    266 tackles
    21 ints

    I couldn't find how many he took back for touchdowns but i garuntee about 8.

    Eric Berry

    2 forced fumbles
    3 sacks
    241 tackles
    14 ints

    Ed Reed > Eric Berry

    Yes Ed Reed played FS at college and Berry played SS but also played FS at times.

    Eric Berry will never be 3/4's of what Ed Reed was, to not admit probably because he is a raven fan is ignorance.
    Its not all about stats. If it was, Nnamdi would be one of the worst CBs in the league, which he is not. As you also say, they did not even play same position, which is another reason not to actually compare stats. Furthermore, Reed player two more years in college than Berry.
    Berry is freakishly athletic, and imo as dangerous when he has the ball in his hands. He is a great open-field tackler and he plays the run really well. I cant think of anything Ed Reed, Polamalu or Taylor could do which Berry cant.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Prospects the scouts will be watching at the combine
    By darnik44 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 10:26 AM
  2. Steelers interview 2 draft prospects both DL.
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 07:33 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 11:46 AM
  4. Just remember, coaching is overrated.....
    By DIESELMAN in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •