Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Overrated Prospects?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Its not all about stats. If it was, Nnamdi would be one of the worst CBs in the league, which he is not. As you also say, they did not even play same position, which is another reason not to actually compare stats. Furthermore, Reed player two more years in college than Berry.
    Berry is freakishly athletic, and imo as dangerous when he has the ball in his hands. He is a great open-field tackler and he plays the run really well. I cant think of anything Ed Reed, Polamalu or Taylor could do which Berry cant.
    Eric Berry played 3 years.

If your going to post stats.

Post them correctly and yes i can compare them because Berry was nowhere near the level Ed Reed was in college.

I honestly don't know how we could get this thread to page 2 without mentioning Taylor Mays...

Bruce Campbell has to be included as well...physically he's everything you would want in a left tackle, but watching him play is painful more often than not...honestly on tape he's no more than a 3rd round developmental project...but the raiders will probably take him at 8, making sure they won't win anytime soon...

And like Ive been saying since he joined, there's no point in arguing with steeldawgswag...the only thing I've ever agreed with him is that Earl Thomas is a monster...other than that he's living in his own little world....

I have a feeling that Mays is going to fall out of the first round, or at least till the end of the first, and i suppose you could argue that he would have some sort of value there.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I honestly don't know how we could get this thread to page 2 without mentioning Taylor Mays...

Bruce Campbell has to be included as well...physically he's everything you would want in a left tackle, but watching him play is painful more often than not...honestly on tape he's no more than a 3rd round developmental project...but the raiders will probably take him at 8, making sure they won't win anytime soon...

And like Ive been saying since he joined, there's no point in arguing with steeldawgswag...the only thing I've ever agreed with him is that Earl Thomas is a monster...other than that he's living in his own little world....
    I can't believe people think Berry is a better prospect than Ed Reed was.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post
    I can't believe people think Berry is a better prospect than Ed Reed was.
    He is...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    He is...
    But he isn't.

Ed Reed had higher stats and better stats per game.

But he isn't.

It never fails to amaze me how focused people can be on stats. Stats do not tell the whole story, period. I dont recall which CB it was or when (saw it on NFL network the other night), but he only had like 7 balls thrown his way a whole season, but 6 of those 7 were completed (iirc). Statwise, thats pretty horrible, but he was the best CB at the time.

Look at Sean Taylor - he was not exactly a statmachine in college, but he is still considered one of the very best Safeties our of college ever.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

But he isn't.

the stats arguement is a pointless one to make. Stats rarely ever mean anything. Eric Berry played a lot more strong safety last year and the year before, playing in the box, stopping the run, swing passes, screens etc...Ed Reed was a centerfieder every year at Miami...he was great coming out but Eric Berry is more versitile.

everytime you get into an arguement about a prospect all you resort to is stats and 40 times....You dont appreciate the "dirty" work, the stuff that isnt so flashy, that these guys put in. Thats another reason you think the Oline is fine...It wouldnt be a sexy pick and you are into flash and stats...

ps. have you ever seen Eric Berry with the ball in his hands? just as dangerous and "flashy" as Ed reed was/is...

I think both Thomas and Berry are going to be great players in the NFL.

We know Reed is cuz we have a body of work to look at and discuss, that simple. He's a known quality of a player.

IN the end no one here or anywhere else knows for sure if said player is going to be boom/bust or merely average player in the NFL. All we can do is make a guess, for some an educated guess, but still a gamble. So, quit talking like you know for sure cuz in reality, no one does, not even the so called experts whom are paid to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobre Shunka View Post
    I think both Thomas and Berry are going to be great players in the NFL.

We know Reed is cuz we have a body of work to look at and discuss, that simple. He's a known quality of a player.

IN the end no one here or anywhere else knows for sure if said player is going to be boom/bust or merely average player in the NFL. All we can do is make a guess, for some an educated guess, but still a gamble. So, quit talking like you know for sure cuz in reality, no one does, not even the so called experts whom are paid to choose.
    youre not understanding what i am saying...Im not saying that Eric Berry is going to be better in the NFL than Ed Reed...Im saying that Eric Berry is a better prospect coming out now, than Ed Reed was when he came out in 2002...

I never once said Eric Berry would be a better pro...

Thread Information