Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 857

Thread: Official 2010 draft discussion thread

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I want Jared Veldheer.......I don't think he will be there when the Steelers pick in the third but I can hope......I don't think the Steelers will draft two OL on the first day of the draft either...So if Pouncey is the pick at 18 which is fine by me then I don't expect any more first day picks on OL...But if the Steelers could trade down a few spots and then draft Pouncey then maybe they could spend a pick on another OL with one of their extra picks....

    Actually, nobody will get more than 1 first day pick. The draft is now going to go to a 3 day format so they can milk the hell out of the sponsors.

    Day 1 - 1st round only (Thurs)
    Day 2 - 2nd & 3rd rounds only (Fri)
    Day 3 - 4th, 5th, 6th, & 7th rounds (Sat)

    I for one am not happy about the new format and stretching this thing out over 3 days to milk it for more money. I hope the ratings suck and they go back to the old format next year. I may just follow along on the internet and leave the TV off to protest and deny them the ratings bonanza they seek.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  2. #22
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted
    My Draftboard would look like this

    Thomas
    Wilson
    Graham
    Pouncey
    Iupati
    Weatherspoon
    Dunlap
    Haden

  3. #23
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,735
    you are hating haden for no reason...having iupati, spoon and dunlap over him is criminal

  4. #24
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    you are hating haden for no reason...having iupati, spoon and dunlap over him is criminal
    no it's not, a 1st round cornerback should be a #1 cornerback like asmogahua, revis, leon hall.

    haden won't be that guy, hes a mcfadden #2 dude

    So therefore i wouldnt draft him, because he lacks the speed to keep up with the fastest of recievers.

    Look on tape against Cincinnati for details.

  5. #25
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,735
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post
    no it's not, a 1st round cornerback should be a #1 cornerback like asmogahua, revis, leon hall.

    haden won't be that guy, hes a mcfadden #2 dude

    So therefore i wouldnt draft him, because he lacks the speed to keep up with the fastest of recievers.

    Look on tape against Cincinnati for details.
    Haden 4.45 at his pro day, bad at the combine but had an obviously awful start.

    asomugha...4th best corner prospect that year, ran a 4.45

    leon hall sucks ***, jonathan joseph is the better of the 2 and its not even close

    you hate haden for reasons that you dont even know about, hes smooth and hes got terrific hips and change of direction and the best backpeddal this year....if you want speed maybe you should want taylor mays even though thats all he is.

    mcfadden was really good for us, but i dont get that comparison at all.

    maybe you should watch some of haden because you clearly know nothing about him. hes not as good as say pacman jones, champ baily, deangelo hall, newman, or other guys that went top 6 but thats exactly why theres talks of him falling and hes definitely worth 15+. your hate for him is completely unjustified

  6. #26
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Haden 4.45 at his pro day, bad at the combine but had an obviously awful start.

    asomugha...4th best corner prospect that year, ran a 4.45

    leon hall sucks ***, jonathan joseph is the better of the 2 and its not even close

    you hate haden for reasons that you dont even know about, hes smooth and hes got terrific hips and change of direction and the best backpeddal this year....if you want speed maybe you should want taylor mays even though thats all he is.

    mcfadden was really good for us, but i dont get that comparison at all.

    maybe you should watch some of haden because you clearly know nothing about him. hes not as good as say pacman jones, champ baily, deangelo hall, newman, or other guys that went top 6 but thats exactly why theres talks of him falling and hes definitely worth 15+. your hate for him is completely unjustified
    That was just a spew of bullshit.

    Asomaghua is one in a generation player, i've heard Haden has been compared to him ----> bullshit.

    Haden is overrated, i couldnt give a **** about 40 times, he's not good enough for 18th. He is ****ing overrated.

    He's a twat, i hope we dont select him and if he ever gets to read it, i hope you turn into a bust.

    As for pacman, he was a beast, shame his marijuana intake and booty hunting consequently ****ed his life over

  7. #27
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,735
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post
    That was just a spew of bullshit.

    Asomaghua is one in a generation player, i've heard Haden has been compared to him ----> bullshit.

    Haden is overrated, i couldnt give a **** about 40 times, he's not good enough for 18th. He is ****ing overrated.

    He's a twat, i hope we dont select him and if he ever gets to read it, i hope you turn into a bust.

    As for pacman, he was a beast, shame his marijuana intake and booty hunting consequently ****ed his life over
    yeah nnamdi is great, but he wasnt an elite prospect...and imo neither is haden. that doesnt mean hes not a very good prospect and cant become an elite player...similiar to what nnamdi did.

    you are spewing **** in these posts, the basis of your argument was

    He's a twat
    hes overrated
    and you offered nothing more

    give me a ****ing break, you have no idea what you are talking about

    starting 40 something games for 2 championship florida teams since being a true freshmen and displaying pro-ready skills during the drills and giving enough tape to back it up over 4 years is plenty for me.

    if you want a man guy, its haden. if you want a zone guy its wilson

    we have zone guys
    Last edited by K Train; 04-19-2010 at 05:27 PM.

  8. #28
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,036
    Haden would make Ike Taylor so much better... hadeb is, imo, on of the better man-man cbs to come out in a while, and he does have pretty great technique. He is not an elite prospect because he does not play zone very well, but as ktrain said, we have like 4 cbs who can do that already (gay not being one of them). I think Burnett could end up being a decent zone cb. Anyways, haden would make all of them better, because he could man up against the 1 wr... Wilson next to Ike Tayloe could be pretty good too. I know i said i thought Wilson is better than Haden, but im taking that back after his proday... Haden showed some really really sexy smooth moves and hes reactions were great both at the combine and proday
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  9. #29
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,735
    i wish i knew what to expect thursday lol....so many directions, its not like the year we took timmons where we knew it was timmons, or the year we took heath and knew it was heath

  10. #30
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,036
    i kinda like that we have so many options, since it makes it harder for them to mess up completely in the first round. So much talent around in our range, that i most likely wont be pissed with the pick (we already had the discussion about who would **** me off)... On the other hand, i probably cant help but be disapointed aswell, because i would have wanted someone else...
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Official draft discussion thread
    By K Train in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 424
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 11:09 AM
  2. Draft Principles: Team Draft Boards
    By darnik44 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 01:53 PM
  3. 08 AFC Team Draft Grades
    By NOVA STEELERS in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
  4. Yahoo! AFC Draft Grades
    By Hburg in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 08:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •