Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 draft discussion thread

Bookmark and Share
    i stickied the thread

Gold Standard

Impact

I believe the best way to help our defense is to beef up one of the poorest O-lines in the league. The line that is going to shorten the career of our franchise QB and the same line that consistently cannot pick-up a third or fourth and INCHES. By the time we reach the second round the O-line impact players who could immediately help are gone. What is left are the project players and perrenial back-ups. The second round is littered with players like Tony Hills or Kraig Urbik's.

Chucky Okobi
    Drew Caylor
    Marvin Philip
    A.Q. Shipley

These are the centers we have drafted in the past decade. Where are they now?

Sean Mahan
    Justin Hartwig

These are the free agent center aquisitions, not much better.......

Last good center we drafted? Dermontti Dawson/44th overall pick/1988

Do you remember those run dominant teams of the 90's? Was there a better center in the league than Dermontti?

Our team will continue to struggle if they cannot improve the offensive line. This is an opportunity to draft a center who could anchor this teams line for the next decade. If they take a corner or a safety in the first they may as well take defense with the rest of their picks as well because these guys will be spending a lot of time on the field. Our poor offensive line has made our offense one dimensional. We pass, and when we can't pass, we punt. Every team we face with good cover skills has the opportunity to blow us out because we cannot move people off the line of scrimmage to create running lanes. To all those enamored with Earl Thomas, go back and rewatch those losses to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns. Watch how our offense couldn't move the ball and couldn't protect Ben. Watch how tired the defense is because the offense cannot generate first downs. Want to see a repeat of that this season?

Cleveland........7 sacks Are you friggin kidding me?

I think the choice is easy. You take Pouncey and he starts the season at RG. By mid-season you move him over to center and put in Ramon Foster at RG. The move immediately improves the talent and performance of this O-line. What good is a shut-down defense if the offense can't make first downs to stay on the field?

Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 04-06-2010 at 11:15 AM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I believe the best way to help our defense is to beef up one of the poorest O-lines in the league. The line that is going to shorten the career of our franchise QB and the same line that consistently cannot pick-up a third or fourth and INCHES. By the time we reach the second round the O-line impact players who could immediately help are gone. What is left are the project players and perrenial back-ups. The second round is littered with players like Tony Hills or Kraig Urbik's.

Chucky Okobi
    Drew Caylor
    Marvin Philip
    A.Q. Shipley

These are the centers we have drafted in the past decade. Where are they now?

Sean Mahan
    Justin Hartwig

These are the free agent center aquisitions, not much better.......

Last good center we drafted? Dermontti Dawson/44th overall pick/1988

Do you remember those run dominant teams of the 90's? Was there a better center in the league than Dermontti?

Our team will continue to struggle if they cannot improve the offensive line. This is an opportunity to draft a center who could anchor this teams line for the next decade. If they take a corner or a safety in the first they may as well take defense with the rest of their picks as well because these guys will be spending a lot of time on the field. Our poor offensive line has made our offense one dimensional. We pass, and when we can't pass, we punt. Every team we face with good cover skills has the opportunity to blow us out because we cannot move people off the line of scrimmage to create running lanes. To all those enamored with Earl Thomas, go back and rewatch those losses to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns. Watch how our offense couldn't move the ball and couldn't protect Ben. Watch how tired the defense is because the offense cannot generate first downs. Want to see a repeat of that this season?

Cleveland........7 sacks Are you friggin kidding me?

I think the choice is easy. You take Pouncey and he starts the season at RG. By mid-season you move him over to center and put in Ramon Foster at RG. The move immediately improves the talent and performance of this O-line. What good is a shut-down defense if the offense can't make first downs to stay on the field?

cleveland gets 7 sacks because they use rogers to just blow right up the middle...the lack of play at center is a killer. pouncey would remove that problem. then next year we can draft his brother lol

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    cleveland gets 7 sacks because they use rogers to just blow right up the middle...the lack of play at center is a killer. pouncey would remove that problem. then next year we can draft his brother lol
    His brother is moving to center for his senior year. Those two in the middle of or line would solve a lot of problems.

heres my man crush mock

1. Pouncey C Florida
    2. Patrick Robinson CB FSU
    3. Thaddeus Gibson OLB Ohio State
    4. Brandon Spikes MLB Florida
    4. Al Woods NT/DE LSU
    5. Lagarrette Blount RB Oregon
    5. Ciron Black T/G LSU
    6. Obrien Schofield OLB Wisconsin
    7. Demarcus Granger DT Oklahoma

i dont really know the comp picks but i keep seeing 3 4ths so i went with it
    something like that would make me beyond happy
    Last edited by K Train; 04-07-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Gold Standard
    1-18 Maurkice Pouncey / C / 6'5 318 / Fla
    2-52 Vladimir Ducasse / G / 6'4 326 / Mass
    3-84 Akwasi Owusu-Ansah / CB / 6'1 195 / IUP
    4-116 Anthony Dixon / RB / 6'1 245 / Miss St.
    5-151 Kam Chancellor / S / 6'4 226 / VA Tech
    5-164 Darryl Sharpton / MLB / 6'0 230 / Miami (Fl)
    5-166 Dez Briscoe / WR / 6'3 200 / Kansas
    6-188 Nate Bynum / TE / 6'5 250 / Pitt
    7-225 Vince Oghobaase / DT/DE / 6'6 310 / Duke
    7-242 Al Woods / DT/DE / 6'4 311 / LSU

This years starting O-line:

Starks_Kemoeatu_Pouncey_Ducasse_Colon
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    1-18 Maurkice Pouncey / C / 6'5 318 / Fla
    2-52 Vladimir Ducasse / G / 6'4 326 / Mass
    3-84 Akwasi Owusu-Ansah / CB / 6'1 195 / IUP
    4-116 Anthony Dixon / RB / 6'1 245 / Miss St.
    5-151 Kam Chancellor / S / 6'4 226 / VA Tech
    5-164 Darryl Sharpton / MLB / 6'0 230 / Miami (Fl)
    5-166 Dez Briscoe / WR / 6'3 200 / Kansas
    6-188 Nate Bynum / TE / 6'5 250 / Pitt
    7-225 Vince Oghobaase / DT/DE / 6'6 310 / Duke
    7-242 Al Woods / DT/DE / 6'4 311 / LSU

This years starting O-line:

Starks_Kemoeatu_Pouncey_Ducasse_Colon
    no way we want ducasse, hes garbage and a guard

no way al woods slips out of the 4th after lighting up the combine

chancellor sucks

pouncey makes the draft worth it but aside from him and Akwasi Owusu-Ansah this draft resembles last years fiasco of failures

EDIT i would actually be intrigued by dixon. i missed him in the list
    Last edited by K Train; 04-07-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Dont think they are going to start two rookies in the o-line anyway. They would probably start pouncey at RG, but ducasse,should he be drafted, would not start.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I want Jared Veldheer.......I don't think he will be there when the Steelers pick in the third but I can hope......I don't think the Steelers will draft two OL on the first day of the draft either...So if Pouncey is the pick at 18 which is fine by me then I don't expect any more first day picks on OL...But if the Steelers could trade down a few spots and then draft Pouncey then maybe they could spend a pick on another OL with one of their extra picks....

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    In order of want if they are available at 18.

1. Thomas

2. Pouncey

3. Haden

4. McClain

5. Wilson

Thread Information