Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers should trade with the Jaguars

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Steelers should trade with the Jaguars

colbert has never drafted top 10 before, it could be a first.

the jaguars don't have a pick until 74, that hurts in a deep filled draft, but by the time they pick alot of second rounders, sleepers and fallers would be gone.

the steelers.

earl thomas. we have 10 picks, we later can do some trades to come back in later/earlier rounds.

it could make sense depending how much colbert wants earl thomas compared to other prospects.

p.s. tomlin is a faggot at drafting will probably draft iupati.

First of all, posting this in every other thread wasn't enough? You had to make a new thread?

Secondly, you have some strange fascination with calling everyone faggots...I think it says a little something about you...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    First of all, posting this in every other thread wasn't enough? You had to make a new thread?

Secondly, you have some strange fascination with calling everyone faggots...I think it says a little something about you...
    id like to use other words but this is a family board so i use faggot.

secondly, this doesnt fit in the other threads because its asking if u would agree with any trades

My Mood
    Impatient
    Not interested in moving up to 10, the salary is too high especially for Thomas at 10 which could make signing Troy more difficult after next season. Moving above 12 is expensive and could make signing our players harder since there would be a unproven rookie making lots of money. I would rather trade to get back in early second or even late first and pick up somebody.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Not interested in moving up to 10, the salary is too high especially for Thomas at 10 which could make signing Troy more difficult after next season. Moving above 12 is expensive and could make signing our players harder since there would be a unproven rookie making lots of money. I would rather trade to get back in early second or even late first and pick up somebody.
    what u want to trade down and let very good players go. what is wrong with you.

dont speak of that sentence ever again i want to be sick

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post

Not trade down, (hence the phrase "get back in" pick at 18 and then get back in late 1st early second if someone else is still there they like.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post

why do you ask the question, if the only answer you want is the one you came with yourself? Thomas is not worth the 10 pick imo. Sure, he rocks but he would not be worth the kind of money we would have to pay him at 18. Remember, he is kinda unproven, and while he had some amazing years at texas, he is still unexperianced compared to a lot of other top 10 prospects. I would not take him before 12 or 13. Heck, its not impossible thay berry is there at 10. I see a bunch of mocks that has him falling there.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    why do you ask the question, if the only answer you want is the one you came with yourself? Thomas is not worth the 10 pick imo. Sure, he rocks but he would not be worth the kind of money we would have to pay him at 18. Remember, he is kinda unproven, and while he had some amazing years at texas, he is still unexperianced compared to a lot of other top 10 prospects. I would not take him before 12 or 13. Heck, its not impossible thay berry is there at 10. I see a bunch of mocks that has him falling there.
    imo if berry is worth the top spot, but lets say he goes 5 just for the sake of how the position is valued....if berry goes 5, thomas could go 6. they are that close, theres just nothing thomas can do to jump berry at this point

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    no im just against anyone that wants to trade down into the 20's

so many good players will be available at 18 it would be a waste.

My Mood
    Fine
    DAngle Holmes to get into the top 10 and go for McClain, Thomas or Hayden. Then pickup Pouncey at 18.

To answer your question I would not give up our 2nd rounder for anyone. We can get 2 quality players at a much lower position than in the past. Use it for a change and if you dangle Holmes then you can trade back with the Jets or Dallas for another 2nd rounder.

Thread Information