Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Steelers are no better than the Bengals

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i just turned 20, im not that far removed from being in HS and playing football. if your a kid and you start making it rain in strip clubs with a gun strapped to your waste because pacman did it, or shooting yourself in the leg cause plaxico did it, or having 11 kids because cro and chris henry did it, or flipping your lambo because lance brings did it, or doing whatever maurice clarrett did cause maurice clarret did it, or fighting dogs because michael vick did it, or shanking a fool because ray lewis did it, or driving drunk because half the bengals did it, or popping pills because brett favre did it, or smacking tila tequila because shawne merriman did it, or shitting in a bitches closet because najeh davenport did it, or smoking weed because ricky williams did it, or banging tons of hot sluts because tiger woods did it, or dealing piles of cocaine because jamaal lewis did it, or decking a kid after a game because lagarrette blount did it, or biting a dudes ear off because tyson did it, or take naked pictures of thereselves and beat up paper towel dispensers because jeff reed did it, or have children that do coke and heroin because andy reids kids do it....

well then your kid is a ****ing idiot

they all cant be tim tebow

this legitimately made me laugh lol
    Ok dude, that has to be one of the best posts I've seen in a long time, I mean whether you agree with it or not your eloquence is second to none on that one

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i just turned 20, im not that far removed from being in HS and playing football. if your a kid and you start making it rain in strip clubs with a gun strapped to your waste because pacman did it, or shooting yourself in the leg cause plaxico did it, or having 11 kids because cro and chris henry did it, or flipping your lambo because lance brings did it, or doing whatever maurice clarrett did cause maurice clarret did it, or fighting dogs because michael vick did it, or shanking a fool because ray lewis did it, or driving drunk because half the bengals did it, or popping pills because brett favre did it, or smacking tila tequila because shawne merriman did it, or shitting in a bitches closet because najeh davenport did it, or smoking weed because ricky williams did it, or banging tons of hot sluts because tiger woods did it, or dealing piles of cocaine because jamaal lewis did it, or decking a kid after a game because lagarrette blount did it, or biting a dudes ear off because tyson did it, or take naked pictures of thereselves and beat up paper towel dispensers because jeff reed did it, or have children that do coke and heroin because andy reids kids do it....

well then your kid is a ****ing idiot

they all cant be tim tebow

this legitimately made me laugh lol
    This is funny as hell!

Rookie Free Agent Woodson_DownUnder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post

I really think Steeler fans have been so spoiled that when stuff like this does happen everybody wants to lynch the player and throw him off the team. It doesn't work like that; you invest countless millions into these players that have been integral parts of your success since they joined the team. Unless these guys get into a situation where they are facing serious jail time and are accused of a serious crime, you can't just toss them aside because they made some wrong choices.

You don't want your players making these kinds of decisions in their personal lives and putting themselves in situations where there can potentially be trouble. Guess what though people, it happens. As much as these guys are celebrities, high profile, rich beyond belief, NFL players, they are still people too and subject to the same problems that face normal people every day.

Does it excuse it, no of course not, but at the same time just because they make some bonehead moves, doesn't mean you make your entire franchise suffer.

There is not NOT one person that wants to go back to fan life without Ben as the QB, Holmes as a WR, Reed as the kicker (ok maybe not so much with Reed but). Like it or not, we live and die by Ben so as far as I'm concerened, what he did was dumb but keep it in perspective here alittle bit. Not one of you here on this board or any fan anywhere has any right to prosecute Ben because you don't know the whole story. You are basing your judgments on what the media wants you to know right now. The whole Vegas hotel room thing, if it was THAT big of a deal, more would have been done with it by now. This college chick thing, the story is so full of holes you cant say either way who is or isnt guilty of anything.

It's true the Steelers don't like this type of press, it reflects badly on them as far as they see it. They are right, you don't want your players getting into trouble off the field. Having said that though; they aren't just going to up and release players because of some dumb decisions at this point. Besides, it's not like they were on trial for Murder like Ray Lewis was,and look the Ratbirds welcomed him back with open arms and nobody talks about that any more.

Ben will grow up, Holmes will stop twittering stupid ****,and live will move on...
    Well said TOP GUN. I'm not concerned. I believe the beat up in the media is taking it OVER the TOP. The definition/ interpretation of detail has yet to surface of what happened in either case for Big Ben. Consensual flirting isn't a crime otherwise we all wouldn't be here. Consider that state of the accuser (alcohol intoxication), NO claim of RAPE either, no witnesses...nothing. It all adds up.. she/ both want $$$$$. Big Ben would care to defend himself to the hilt and counter sue for defamation once it's all said and done.

Santonio has to deal with a felon who is pushing his buttons for $$$$$ nothing more, nothing less. Just HOPE both players can 'WAKE UP' and be wiser when going out.
    Last edited by Woodson_DownUnder; 04-02-2010 at 09:05 AM.
    http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=705&dateline=12442565  10

Thread Information