Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers are no better than the Bengals

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    While I agree with everyone saying that these players are letting fame and fortune go to their heads, I wouldn't go so far as to say that I don't want Holmes on the Steelers anymore. He's pretty damn close to being our best reciever, and it would be shame if they let him go next season just because of something like this.

This is really blown out of proportions imo. Ben is so far not guilty in anything but poor judgement, which sucks but he really did not do anything wrong untill proven otherwise. Same with Holmes.Try to put yourself into his situation for a second. How would you feel if you ot suied by some chick who claimed you did something the police didnt even file a rapport against? I for one would be pretty damn pissed as well. Sure, what they are doing as far as puplicity, they are not really doing good things for Steelers image, but seriously, its been a while since steelers was that classy franchise everybody wanted to be. Obviously, Steelers is still good at doing business, and they handle most things to perfection, but we have had our share of players who havnt done everything by the book, and thats going to continue. As long as neither ben or holmes is charged, its really hard to get angry at them, because its not really their fault that there are some crazy people out there who'll do everything for money... I mean, you cant just isolate yourself for 10-15 years when you are an NFL player and not be allowed to have fun, because of the fear that someone eyes an opportunity to sue you.

/rant off... that felt good, thank you.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Impatient
    But Ben has been guilty of bad judgment with his motorcycle and then last year in Vegas, although I doubt any of that was Ben's fault. In fact, the contract has a "dangerous acts" clause in it. I would think about enacting that if I were the Rooney's. And now Holmes, who missed the Giants game because of Pot and now this. I do not expect them to isolate themselves, but I also do not think they need to be putting themselves in these situations. My biggest complaint with Holmes is all this crap he is saying on twitter like "kill urself" or "the fans dont cut his paycheck" or "find something else to gossip about" and with Ben its he gives us drama EVERY offseason. I am sick of it. They do not learn anything from their mistakes and keep acting stupid in public, Reed included. I was mad when the franchised him. I think they should have let him go. I want a team that if I google the team name, the first 100 articles arent the players run-ins with the law. If I wanted my team to be a bunch of thugs, I would be a Bengals fan, I was so happy when the Steelers hired Tomlin because his mentor is Dungy and Tomlin is big on high character guys.

Correction: Ron Cook and cmerrifield are angry men.

Also, I never liked Holmes. Super Bowl MVP or not, I always thought he was a diva. I don't know if they do re-sign him. They most likely will but I mean pot possession and now this... I'm pretty sure this doesn't sit well with the Rooney's. Would anyone be against Holmes not coming back?

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    Correction: Ron Cook and cmerrifield are angry men.
    In fairness, I started my first post in here with that. I warned you all.

um....Neither Ben nor Santonio have been arested or charged with anything....Im not saying these accusations didnt happen but as of right now all they are are he said/she said....Everyone on the planet knows the first accusation against Ben was bullshit and everyday this second one gets a sketchier and sketchier....This Santonio case is also just an accusation and its beginning to look a little sketchy as well...and the fact that theres only been a civil suit filed says she's just interested in money as well as one of her dating profiles "i love money"....im not saying she's just a money hungry hoe just yet but lets see if either get charged before we start doing stupid comparisons...

--- Added 3/30/2010 at 01:04 PM ---

Also, I never liked Holmes. Super Bowl MVP or not, I always thought he was a diva. I don't know if they do re-sign him. They most likely will but I mean pot possession and now this... I'm pretty sure this doesn't sit well with the Rooney's. Would anyone be against Holmes not coming back?
    He is a young, extremely talented WR who is getting better and better every year...he has developed nicely into our #1 and is a threat to take it to the house whenever he gets his hands on the ball...so yes, i would be against not resigning him....a little pot and a sketchy accusation are not enough for me to want him gone....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Uhh..incase you didn't read my earlier post..I would be pretty opposed to him not coming back.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I think we're all saying the same thing when it comes down to it. If guilty, they should be gone no matter who they are. If not, learn the lesson you should from it or face the possibility of being gone anyway. I don't think too many true fans would have a problem with that.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Big T... the twitter thing doesnt mean anything to you?
    Not trying to speak for him, but in my opinion, NO. Like he said, words are words. We'll talk if Holmes actually kills someone, until then, who cares?

Because telling someone on Twitter, which everyone in America can read, to go kill themselves isn't demeaning in any way? You don't do that in today's society. Kids look up this this guy and he's telling someone to go kill themselves. You really don't see anything wrong with that?

Thread Information