Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Willie Parker Thread

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Willie Parker Thread

OK, so I know this has been discussed at times before but I though we should have a Willie Parker thread anyways.
    Why? Because I want to see what everyone thinks of him as our featured back. Some of you may already know that I don't think he should be our featured back and I have my reasons just as I am sure some of you have yours for wanting him there.
    This is for discussion so come with some facts and opinions and keep it civil. I've seen this kind of thread get out of hand on a few sites already and it's sad. We are all Steeler Fans and have our opinions on what needs to be changed/fixed/etc. That doesn't make any of us better than the other.
    So with that said, what should we do with Willie and if we need another back what would you look for?

Well, nowadays you pretty much have to have 2 RBs, unless you have a guy like LT, Johnson, Alexander, or Tiki Barber.

Willie's our starter, but he can't do it alone.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    well if cowher would use him right then he'd be badass, but trying to make him a pounder is just ****ing him up, spread him out and let him run....throw to him and **** like that........

here's an article for tomorrow, well today for you east coast folks

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06335/742653-66.stm
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    Good article koopa.

Parker is the type of back who can break one at any time. But that doesn't win most games. You need a back that can carry the ball 4-5 yds everytime. I would take Bettis getting 1200 yds over Willie get 1500. That's nothing on Willie. It's just what wins games.
    I would like to see Willie as the 3rd down back and to bring him in later in games. Let the D try and chase him down when he is fresh and they are tired!....lol
    I really want Willie to stay on with the Steelers. I just don't like him carrying as much as he does. I'd like to see another RB (not sure who yet, just a bigger back) get about 25 carries and Willie 15 a game. Not to mention having Willie catch some 3rd down passes and screens. Maybe even a draw or two.

Parker cannot carry this team an entire season on 25+ carries a game! Najeh seems like a good fit but Cowher seems hesitant to put him in for some reason how are we for sure Najeh is the right fit He seems like he is ready to step in and do whatever it takes to help the team but Cowher has this short leash on him and only takes it off when we are blowing out the Chiefs!

2 backs is the way to go! One to catch the opponent off guard and another to jam it down their throat by running straight at the defense. Don't take this wrong, I really like Parker back there (more than I did last year) but he cannot be an LT and get the 25-30 carries every Sunday and expect to be ready for the playoffs! That is too much pounding and wear and tear, the Steelers need that second guy to alleviate the load.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Good article koopa.

Parker is the type of back who can break one at any time. But that doesn't win most games. You need a back that can carry the ball 4-5 yds everytime. I would take Bettis getting 1200 yds over Willie get 1500. That's nothing on Willie. It's just what wins games.
    I would like to see Willie as the 3rd down back and to bring him in later in games. Let the D try and chase him down when he is fresh and they are tired!....lol
    I really want Willie to stay on with the Steelers. I just don't like him carrying as much as he does. I'd like to see another RB (not sure who yet, just a bigger back) get about 25 carries and Willie 15 a game. Not to mention having Willie catch some 3rd down passes and screens. Maybe even a draw or two.
    you got to get over those days, we are not that type of team anymore, you are stuck in the past like cowher, if we would just open everything up and get a decent line to protect ben we would be badass without the fat back system.....and willie would be more productive

My Mood
    Addicted
    I may be stuck in the past but at least I realize we don't have the right personel to play like we use to. A good running game and good defense win championships. We have neither the way we are right now.

Before the Steelers decide to open up the air attack they first need to address the defense otherwise they get into these shootouts like they did with the Saints! I agree the Steelers would be bad ***, but first the D needs to be able to stop the opponent! But then again... if the defense is doing their job and the offense is putting up points then the Steelers can shutdwon the pass and give a heavy dose of the run and we are back to Steelers football!! I just did a complete 180!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Funny how we always come back to what got us here. A great running game and great defense.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    if only we would've kept playing like we did in the playoffs when ken was doing the play calling....setting up the run with the pass.......but this year we went back to retard way and

run run throw punt

they score

pass, pass, pass, punt

they score

pass pass run punt

they score

pass pass pass pass pass pass punt

they drive long

pass pass pass pass int

they have another good drive

pass pass run pass pass pass fumble

they finally get a three and out

fumble punt return

they have a good drive

pass pass pass run run pass pass missed field goal

that is what every game has seemed like......but i think we must address the defense in the first round, second round get a lineman....and then fill in other needs......i think if we can resign dookie we will kinda be set..this year hasn't been fair for him, we never get a lead to use him..i can't wait for 07 lol

Thread Information