Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steeler Addicts now has an RSS Feed

Exclamation Steeler Addicts now has an RSS Feed

Yet another feature added to SA! This is one is cool because if you are at work you can now still see what's going on at SA without even logging in

Some of you are probably In a nutshell here is what RSS is:
    Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is a lightweight XML format designed for sharing headlines and other Web content. Think of it as a distributable "What's New" for your site. Originated by UserLand in 1997 and subsequently used by Netscape to fill channels for Netcenter, RSS has evolved into a popular means of sharing content between sites (including the BBC, CNET, CNN, Disney, Forbes, Motley Fool, Wired, Red Herring, Salon, Slashdot, ZDNet, and more). RSS solves myriad problems webmasters commonly face, such as increasing traffic, and gathering and distributing news. RSS can also be the basis for additional content distribution services.

http://www.webreference.com/authorin...xml/rss/intro/
    There you have it! There is a link on the Homepage to the RSS feed, after you click on the button, depending on how your system is setup and what browser you use, you can either subscribe to the feed or you can copy the link in the url bar and paste it into your desired reader, or here is the link for you: http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/external.php?type=rss

Enjoy!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Sweet! Nice job AZ!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The RSS feed for SA is really handy, it's a nice addition to our site !!!

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    You guys lost me with this one but thanks for the Info
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

House of Steel
    That is a very sweet idea there, AZ, you continue to amaze us all. Your da man!!!!!

This image will give you guys an idea of what this feature can do. For example, I use FireFox and it has this handy feature to subscribe to feeds. Notice the drop down window coming from "Steeler Addicts News". This is the latest threads that are in SA and I can click on that link and see if there is anything new at anytime. The cool thing is I don't have to be signed into SA or viewing any SA page. This can also be setup other ways as well such as using an RSS feeder, which maybe Top Gun can elaborate on. Also, I believe with Yahoo and Google you can setup feeds as well from sites of your choosing I would have to double check that...

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Would that be the same as like using Tabs in your Toolbar
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

I don't think so Capt... take a look at this link http://allrss.com/rssreaderswindows.html you will need one of these

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    most browsers today come with RSS readers built in, or with FF you can download the extension for it if need be.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    I'm glad that we have guys around to help the less knowledgable But I'm still not really following what this is I'm like what do you say,Tell me how to fish and I'll go hungry but show me and I will eat Make sence?
    -unknown

Thread Information