Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should the Steelers trade up to get spikes?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    I have Spikes rated 49th overall.

With Farrior, Foote, and Timmons, ILB isn't quite the priority it was a week ago.
    Maybe not but We definitely need to get younger and he has too much value to pass up of hes there in the second...

My Mood
    Ratbirds

I beg to differ......

I have Spikes rated 49th overall.

With Farrior, Foote, and Timmons, ILB isn't quite the priority it was a week ago.
    We have huge needs at LB. Farrior is close to done, won't be here next year. I love Foote, but he is nothing more than a quality backup. The only capable backup OLB on the roster happens to be one of our starting ILB's. The most important part of a 3-4 Defense is the NT, and the LB's. We need Youth and a lot of it. Spikes and Gibson both would make me cry tears of joy.

Pro day visits

I guess if Dan Williams was a real option in round 1 somebody would have been there. But, it sounds like the whole staff was in Fla. Does this eliminate Williams as a realistic possibility?

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Please, Please, Please

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I guess if Dan Williams was a real option in round 1 somebody would have been there. But, it sounds like the whole staff was in Fla. Does this eliminate Williams as a realistic possibility?
    I sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    I sure hope so.
    With the AFC North powering up passing games.

Wilson, Haden, Thomas are first choice.

if all the top tackles are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    We have huge needs at LB. Farrior is close to done, won't be here next year. I love Foote, but he is nothing more than a quality backup. The only capable backup OLB on the roster happens to be one of our starting ILB's. The most important part of a 3-4 Defense is the NT, and the LB's. We need Youth and a lot of it. Spikes and Gibson both would make me cry tears of joy.
    I think you, and most really underestimate Foote. He's a much better player than Timmons, they just have more invested in Timmons.

I think you, and most really underestimate Foote. He's a much better player than Timmons, they just have more invested in Timmons.
    I wouldn't say much better...Timmons is 10 times better in pass coverage and is definitely a better blitzer....Foote can just play the run better...I would take Timmons over Foote every day of the week...especially since Timmons potential is ridiculous...Foote will be a solid backup for this team...nothing more...

My Mood
    Ratbirds

With all due respect........

You are NUTS. Start a thread, take a poll. Just ask if anyone other than you thinks that Foote is a better player(much less much better) than Timmons.

I am a UofM fan, and have been a Foote fan for a long time. That being said, if Foote was so good, why was he pretty much ignored in free agency. Why did the Steelers let him go in the first place. It is NOT just a case of financial commitment to Timmons. If that were the case Timmons would have started before year three. In hind sight, keeping foot and letting Farrior go would probably been a better choice. BUT, I don't remember to much outrage at the move last year, myself included.

darnik i know you dont like timmons an i know hes not a great fit in a 34 but saying foote is better than him is just stupid. timmons sucks against the run but hes a great rusher and great coverage guy. foote is one dimensional and really not that good and never has been

Damn Spikes just ran a 5.0 40 at Pro Day. Do you guys really want another Taunto Farrior out there? To tell you the truth, McClain looks very slow watching his tape too.

Thread Information