Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Should the Steelers trade up to get spikes?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Starter igor0190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coldest Major City in the WORLD
    Posts
    1,383
    The Steelers better try and trade up to get an impact player. 7 draft picks are never going to make this team anyways. They just spent a bunch of money on veteran players that they must believe will make the team, so I see 0 reason why they wouldn't be thinking of trading up.

  2. #12
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    spikes ran a 5.05 today...he may be there in the second

    That is O-linemen slow. There were several O-lineman that ran faster than that at the combine. Just what we need, a LB slower than the lineman trying to block him.

    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  3. #13
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,258
    i doubt hes that slow. it was wet grass in florida today, this is ohio state fast track. i think like 4.8 but speed is never his game, he is a thumper and good in space. i guarantee farrior wouldnt run a sub 5 at this point and he was a 4.4 guy back in the day

  4. #14
    Starter JollyRob68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,134
    My Mood
    Fine
    We need all of our picks to add some youth. I would trade back to pick up a extra 2nd rounder and draft Pouncey or Odrick in the first. If Thomas is there at 18 they wont move. I think Spikes will be there in the 2nd if he ran that slow. We need to come out of this draft with (we have 9 picks) DE,NT,LB,LB,CB,SAFETY and on Offense OL,RB,TE or Scatback.
    I hope someone signs Matt Spaeth and Daniel Sepulveda and we get additional draft picks for them. Green Bays TE was hurt in a motocycle accident (dui) maybe they'll bring in Spaeth.

    --- Added 3/17/2010 at 02:29 PM ---

    With a deep draft I think most of the picks through the 6st round could make the team.

  5. #15
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i doubt hes that slow. it was wet grass in florida today, this is ohio state fast track. i think like 4.8 but speed is never his game, he is a thumper and good in space. i guarantee farrior wouldnt run a sub 5 at this point and he was a 4.4 guy back in the day

    The bigger question is how did Haden run? Did he improve on the poor times from the combine? If he did he probably wouldn't fall to 18, if he solidified those poor times with more slow times then I'm not sure we would even want him at 18.


    Haden ran an unofficial 4:39 which will ensure he is gone long before 18. Perhaps that improves the chances of an Earl Thomas dropping to within our range.
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 03-17-2010 at 03:50 PM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  6. #16
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,258
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    We need all of our picks to add some youth. I would trade back to pick up a extra 2nd rounder and draft Pouncey or Odrick in the first. If Thomas is there at 18 they wont move. I think Spikes will be there in the 2nd if he ran that slow. We need to come out of this draft with (we have 9 picks) DE,NT,LB,LB,CB,SAFETY and on Offense OL,RB,TE or Scatback.
    I hope someone signs Matt Spaeth and Daniel Sepulveda and we get additional draft picks for them. Green Bays TE was hurt in a motocycle accident (dui) maybe they'll bring in Spaeth.

    --- Added 3/17/2010 at 02:29 PM ---

    With a deep draft I think most of the picks through the 6st round could make the team.
    green bays TE was the 3rd TE on the roster, jermicheal finley is a stud and donald lee was a starter...they are fine.

    i want no part of odrick, especially in the first....**** that would **** me off.

    spikes is definitely a 2nd rounder at this point, the difference between him and mcclain is minimal still imo, that just how 34 LBs are.



    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    The bigger question is how did Haden run? Did he improve on the poor times from the combine? If he did he probably wouldn't fall to 18, if he solidified those poor times with more slow times then I'm not sure we would even want him at 18.


    Haden ran an unofficial 4:39 which will ensure he is gone long before 18. Perhaps that improves the chances of an Earl Thomas dropping to within our range.
    had was falling in the high 4.4s and low 4.5s on most watches....4.39 my ***. he was never gonna fall to 18, but we need berry or him to go to the browns, if one goes before the browns (who will definitely take either one) then we have no chance at thomas

  7. #17
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,835
    ESPN is saying Haden ran a 4.42-4.44...thats what i expected from him to begin with...and it definitely solidifies his spot as the #1 corner and the farthest he will fall is 13...the 49ers wont pass him up....

    Now to Brandon Spikes....Ive been saying for months that he was going to run a slow 40 and it would shy a lot of teams away...I for one am thrilled that he ran a 5.05...It makes it a real possibility of landing him in the 2nd....I dont care what he runs, just like I said about Joe Hadens and Bruce campbells times at the combine...look at the game tape...He is exactly what we need next to Timmons...He's that thumper who will take on a gaurd and blow his *** up...Todd McShay's dumb *** is saying Spikes will fall out of the first two rounds...I cant even describe to you how furious I would be if he's there in the second and we dont take him...He is definitely a first round talent and like I said, Im actually happy he ran that slow *** 40...

    in a perfect world:

    1. Earl Thomas
    2. Brandon Spikes
    3. possibly trade up in the 3rd or trade back into the second and take Thaddeus Gibson

    I would probably cry tears of joy if we came away with those 3...I know Im just going to have my heart broken but hey, I can dream can't I?

  8. #18
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,258
    i think i just came

  9. #19
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,835
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think i just came
    Would it be gay to say I did too?

  10. #20
    2nd String darnik44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ellwood City, PA
    Posts
    565
    I have Spikes rated 49th overall.

    With Farrior, Foote, and Timmons, ILB isn't quite the priority it was a week ago.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers Odds on Draft Pick...
    By Zachintosh66 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
  2. Historical Contributions of the Steelers to the NFL.
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 03:20 PM
  3. How the Steelers matchup against the Cardinals
    By DBR96A in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 03:07 PM
  4. I Hate the Ravens
    By FC FURY in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 12:09 AM
  5. All planned events celebrating our 75th year
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •