Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K Trains post combine mock 2 rounder

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    -No way the Rams or anybody else will take Clausen over Bradford. Intangibles alone give Bradford the clear edge. Personally, I don't think all that highly of either. I wouldn't take any QB in this class in the top 15.

-I don't like the Jacksonville pick. Earl Thomas, Rolando McClain, Joe Haden, Brandon Graham, Derrick Morgan, Jason Pierre-Paul would all be more likely picks IMO.

-Dan Williams is a better NT prospect than Cody. I'm a Cody fan, but Williams is a much better rounded prospect, with more upside, and has a better forecast.

-Earl Thomas probably isn't getting out of the top 10. A safety who can cover like a CB will be a hot comodity.

-I think Brandon Graham will go a lot earlier than you expect. Top 15 pick. Miami is my favorite for him, although his size goes against Bill Parcells typical parameters. He likes big players.

-Dunlap to the Bengals just seems like a natural fit doesn't it. His dad is actually a bail bondsman, so that could be a good connection for the Bengals in more ways than one.

-Derrick Morgan won't get out of the top 20.

-Jared Odrick will likely be a top 20 pick, and could even sneak into the top 10.

-Corey Wootton is really only worth a 4th round pick at best.

-Devin McCourty might not get out of the first round, but won't go lower than about 40.
    i thought the DEs were tough to project....morgan looks like he'll be steady more than a star, JPP looks like he'll disappear for a few years and maybe just blow up on potential in a few, graham should go high hes the best one available imo, but hes short, slow and has short arms....everything that made woodley a second round pick. and dunlap to the bengals is a lock imo, it just seems right

i disagree about odrick, such a deep DT draft and hes not tyson jackson

i hate bradford, the fact a team is considering him at #1 disgusts me..

and i just love earl thomas, i refuse to makc a mock and put iupati in it as a steeler.

pouncey, thomas, davis are all ok picks with me

So many variables still

Top 2 teams have needs that don't include DT. Could you imagine this discussion a month ago when everyone projected Suh and McCoy to be first 2 picks?

Cleveland has 12 picks and needs a QB. Seattle needs a QB at 6. Washington is picking 4th and they need a QB. I can't see teams sitting around and hoping that QBs fall to them below 4 so I think some trades are likely.

If any of the top OTs fell to us at 18, which ones would you take if Thomas was still on the board?

i think anthony davis is the one that could be available falling ala michael oher. if he and thomas were there i would take thomas hands down

My Mood
    Ratbirds

After all the FA signings.....

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Top 2 teams have needs that don't include DT. Could you imagine this discussion a month ago when everyone projected Suh and McCoy to be first 2 picks?

Cleveland has 12 picks and needs a QB. Seattle needs a QB at 6. Washington is picking 4th and they need a QB. I can't see teams sitting around and hoping that QBs fall to them below 4 so I think some trades are likely.

If any of the top OTs fell to us at 18, which ones would you take if Thomas was still on the board?
    If Thomas is there, I think he should be the pick. I will say again, that I think ball hawking safeties are the most important pieces in a zone blitz defense. We pressure the QB and the secondary runs to the ball. I am willing to see what Lewis and Burnett can do this year, if Thomas is being worked into the rotation.

Side note: I HATE Notre Dame, but anyone who thinks that Bradford will be a better NFL QB than Clausen, hasn't watched either of them play much.

My Mood
    Fine
    This is going to be a tough draft. Its becoming tougher with cleveland having extra picks that will through off the boards. We need 5-6 Defensive draft picks and 3-4 Offensive.
    Defense DE,NT,LB,LB,CB,SAFETY: Offense OL,POWER RB,TE or Scatback.
    I like Pouncey,Thomas or Odrick in the first to get the party started. If Earl is there they have to take him. They can trade back if it will give them an extra 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    This is going to be a tough draft. Its becoming tougher with cleveland having extra picks that will through off the boards. We need 5-6 Defensive draft picks and 3-4 Offensive.
    Defense DE,NT,LB,LB,CB,SAFETY: Offense OL,POWER RB,TE or Scatback.
    I like Pouncey,Thomas or Odrick in the first to get the party started. If Earl is there they have to take him. They can trade back if it will give them an extra 2nd rounder.
    you just cant draft like that. no one does and the day we do will be the day we throw in the towel. BPA available is always the way to go and we didnt do that last year. you cant draft a position or in your case every position. odrick has no value to us in the first, pouncey definitely does

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Side note: I HATE Notre Dame, but anyone who thinks that Bradford will be a better NFL QB than Clausen, hasn't watched either of them play much.
    The year Clausen came out of high school he was THE top recruited QB in the nation. Literally every division 1A school was after him. I agree that Clausen is probably the better of the 2 QB's. Hell, with all the controversy surrounding Ben right now I wouldn't be too upset if we took Clausen. If Ben goes to jail you have a viable franchise QB to put in his place. If Ben is cleared of all wrong doing then you have some serious trade bait for future use. Who believes that Dixon is our future franchise QB?
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Who believes that Dixon is our future franchise QB?
    Am I convinced that he can/will be? No.

But I've liked him ever since he played for Oregon and would be more than willing to give him a shot. Should he stick around that long.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    The year Clausen came out of high school he was THE top recruited QB in the nation. Literally every division 1A school was after him. I agree that Clausen is probably the better of the 2 QB's. Hell, with all the controversy surrounding Ben right now I wouldn't be too upset if we took Clausen. If Ben goes to jail you have a viable franchise QB to put in his place. If Ben is cleared of all wrong doing then you have some serious trade bait for future use. Who believes that Dixon is our future franchise QB?
    is is true that clausen showed up in a limo to annouce his commitment to ND? sounds a little excessive

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    is is true that clausen showed up in a limo to annouce his commitment to ND? sounds a little excessive
    Yes it is. He also felt the need to have the press conference at the College Football Hall of Fame, and he guaranteed 3 National Championships. I've even heard he was wearing a white fur coat.

Here's a pic of him that day...

Thread Information