View Poll Results: Who would be the best option for the Steelers?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama

8 34.78%
  • Sean Weatherspoon, ILB, Missouri

0 0%
  • Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida

0 0%
  • Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee

1 4.35%
  • Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama

0 0%
  • Maurkice Pouncey, C/OG, Florida

3 13.04%
  • Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

2 8.70%
  • Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

2 8.70%
  • Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

0 0%
  • Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

0 0%
  • Devin McCourtey, CB, Rutgers

0 0%
  • Mardy Gilyard, WR/KR, Cincinnati

0 0%
  • C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

3 13.04%
  • Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State

0 0%
  • Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan

1 4.35%
  • Jared Odrick, DE, Penn State

1 4.35%
  • Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois

0 0%
  • Jahvid Best, RB, California

0 0%
  • Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

0 0%
  • Taylor Mays, S, Southern California

1 4.35%
  • Chad Jones, S, Louisiana State

0 0%
  • Charles Brown, OT, Southern California

0 0%
  • Other (Write in)

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is the best option for the Steelers?

Bookmark and Share

Who is the best option for the Steelers?

Who would be the best option for the Steelers on draft day if all these players are still on the board when the Steelers pick at 18th?

Note, I excluded players I feel absolutely will not be available at #18. For example, Suh, McCoy, Berry, Okung, Thomas, Bulaga, Davis, Haden, Bryant...
    Last edited by darnik44; 03-12-2010 at 01:08 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Thomas and BB, may be there *crosses fingers*

Not Pouncey, Weatherspoon or Cody @ 18! Trade back, then perhaps...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

thomas i hope.

but on the list at 18 im saying either mcclain, weatherspoon, cody, spiller, trent williams, brandon graham or kyle wilson. mcclain being my favorite, then graham...but if spiller is there it should be a lock

id be pissed at odrick, dan williams or mays

Trade down is a possibility

I agree that Spiller would be the pick if he was there with this group, even though it is not a position of need, I think they would take him. I can't see him getting past SF though as they have two picks.
    If that list is what we have to choose from at 18, move down and take the best DE, LB or DB with first pick and best OL with our second pick.

My Mood
    Fine
    I LIKE POUNCEY AND HE COVERS 2 NEEDS. However with everything thats going on with Ben we need to get back to The Steelers way and POUND THE ROCK. SO If Cj Spillar falls he's the pick. But McClain is the pick if there, then its Trent Williams, Maurkice Pouncey or Jared Odrick & Dan Williams.
    Remember, The Steelers Defense has always been about THE FRONT 7 and when Aaron Smith goes down(the last 2 out of 3 years) we dont get a good pass rush on the QB and we dont make the playoffs. One & Done or They Dont make the playoffs. So I'll add Brandon Graham & Sean Weatherspoon as options. Jared would Keep The Defense Fresh along with Ziggy Hood.
    Toby Gerhart need to be the pick in the 2nd or 3rd.
    1.Pouncey or Jared Odrick
    2.Toby Gerhart or CB
    3. CB or DL/OL
    4. LB (ILB or OLB)
    5 RB
    5A if Jared in 1st then OL/if Pouncey get DL.
    6 LB
    7 CB
    7A TE/ scat back

--- Added 3/13/2010 at 12:19 AM ---

MAke adjustments to my picks we still need to draft a safety as well as CB's.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 03-13-2010 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    I LIKE POUNCEY AND HE COVERS 2 NEEDS. However with everything thats going on with Ben we need to get back to The Steelers way and POUND THE ROCK. SO If Cj Spillar falls he's the pick. But McClain is the pick if there, then its Trent Williams, Maurkice Pouncey or Jared Odrick & Dan Williams.
    Remember, The Steelers Defense has always been about THE FRONT 7 and when Aaron Smith goes down(the last 2 out of 3 years) we dont get a good pass rush on the QB and we dont make the playoffs. One & Done or They Dont make the playoffs. So I'll add Brandon Graham & Sean Weatherspoon as options. Jared would Keep The Defense Fresh along with Ziggy Hood.
    Toby Gerhart need to be the pick in the 2nd or 3rd.
    1.Pouncey or Jared Odrick
    2.Toby Gerhart or CB
    3. CB or DL/OL
    4. LB (ILB or OLB)
    5 RB
    5A if Jared in 1st then OL/if Pouncey get DL.
    6 LB
    7 CB
    7A TE/ scat back

--- Added 3/13/2010 at 12:19 AM ---

MAke adjustments to my picks we still need to draft a safety as well as CB's.
    no odrick in the first and Gerhart in the second would infuriate me...

Earl Thomas, McClain or Spiller in the first...there are a lot of guys I like in the first but those are probably my top 3....
    Last edited by Big T; 03-13-2010 at 02:06 AM.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    no odrick in the first and Gerhart in the second would infuriate me...

Earl Thomas, McClain or Spiller in the first...there are a lot of guys I like in the first but those are probably my top 3....
    Big T who do you take if your 3 aren't there and they probably wont be there?
    Why No Odrick or Toby Gerhart?
    Odrick is the equivalent of Aaron Smith and as a rookie would get playing time.
    Toby Gerhart was the best Running back last year and he would bring back the Steelers way/Jerome Bettis way of POUNDING THE ROCK. I LIKE ANTHONY DIXON BUT NOT OVER TOBY G.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Big T who do you take if your 3 aren't there and they probably wont be there?
    Why No Odrick or Toby Gerhart?
    Odrick is the equivalent of Aaron Smith and as a rookie would get playing time.
    Toby Gerhart was the best Running back last year and he would bring back the Steelers way/Jerome Bettis way of POUNDING THE ROCK. I LIKE ANTHONY DIXON BUT NOT OVER TOBY G.
    It depends...I think Anthony Davis could be there and I would like the pick....I also like Brandon Graham, Sean Weatherspoon, Brandon Spikes, Kyle Wilson, Muarkice Pouncey....

I'm just not a fan of Odrick in a 3-4....he's like ziggy where he needs to be a DT in a 4-3 to utilize his skill set...I don't like him at 18...

Gerhart is ok but I wouldn't take him befre the 4th...And everyone needs to stop with the whole "steeler way" "get back to pounding the rock" "smash mouth football"....a lot of you dnt like it but that's not how the steelers play anymore....and drafting one bigger running isn't going to change the offensive philosophy, especially with Bruce Arians as he offensive coordinator...if we draft a running back, it should be someone with the skillset to complement rashard...we need a faster, shifty back as a change of pace back...that's why I really like CJ Spiller and Dexter McCluster...

My Mood
    Fine
    It depends...I think Anthony Davis could be there and I would like the pick....I also like Brandon Graham, Sean Weatherspoon, Brandon Spikes, Kyle Wilson, Muarkice Pouncey....

I'm just not a fan of Odrick in a 3-4....he's like ziggy where he needs to be a DT in a 4-3 to utilize his skill set...I don't like him at 18...

Gerhart is ok but I wouldn't take him befre the 4th...And everyone needs to stop with the whole "steeler way" "get back to pounding the rock" "smash mouth football"....a lot of you dnt like it but that's not how the steelers play anymore....and drafting one bigger running isn't going to change the offensive philosophy, especially with Bruce Arians as he offensive coordinator...if we draft a running back, it should be someone with the skillset to complement rashard...we need a faster, shifty back as a change of pace back...that's why I really like CJ Spiller and Dexter McCluster...
    ok, Wont Arians have to change his philosophy if we unfortunately dont have Ben? Arians was about to get fired so he better adjust his philosophy they way team president Art 2 wants, dont you think? I agree that we need a change of pace type of guy like CJ or McCluster however I think they can pickup the Scat back out of Florida in rd 5 with the compensation pick. A Power running back that doesnt shy away from contact like Gerhart,Dixon or Tate and we can let Mendenhall continue to bounce outside like he does.
    What do you think about The Steelers trading for Lawrence Marone? Then grabbing a Dexter McCluster or Brandon JAmes(injury concerns)?
    Ps are you cool with Larry Foote coming back? I'm ok with it but not at the money he wants plus he said The Cardinals were his favorite but they didn't sign him. I understand why the did him a solid last year and let him go home to play but dont break the bank to get him back. 3 yr 5 mil deal maybe 3 yr 6 mil only not the 14 mil he thinks his non covering *** should get.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 03-13-2010 at 04:09 PM.

you get me all fired up when you talk like that....ive been preaching that for years. bettis was one of a kind you cant just grab a fat back and hope he turns into a jerome bettis, if that were the case we could have just fed willie parker alot of cake. odrick is a way better fit in a 34 than hood but in the first round i would blow a ****ing gasket

Thread Information