Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do we do at the QB position?

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

What do we do at the QB position?

I wanted to ask this question prior to Friday, but that didn`t workout. Anyway, with Bens future in limbo, and the fact that Batch is probably finished, do we sign a veteran, or stick with Dixon, and draft an inexperienced back up to Dixon?

I think we need a veteran backup right now, before there all gone. There is a chance that Ben could go to jail, could be suspended, or worse the Rooneys could be done with his reputation and baggage and let him go, which I doubt they would without being found guilty.We need a veteran QB now, this is too good a team to go to waste, worrying about the most important position. Batch has been a steady backup, but injuries the last two season has ended his season prematurley. We need to send Batch on his way, try Dixon as a number 2, but bring in a older vet. Just my opinion

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Bring an older guy for sure but as it stands now the job should be Dixon's to lose. He proved his worth albeit one game on the Sunday night in Baltimore on National TV that he is more then ready to handle the position and carry the load if need be. The way things are looking now for the Steelers and Ben Dennis Dixon could be starting the first 4 games of the season if Ben ends up getting a suspension or some kind of penalty for this. Personally I love Ben as a QB and he is very responsible for bringing the Steelers Lombardi Number 5 and 6 but if they told me tomorrow that the Steelers traded him to the St Louis Rams this season for their number 1 overall pick this year, and 2nd and 3rd round picks as well along with another first rounder next year I would have a hard time saying I have a problem with it...
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 03-08-2010 at 08:29 PM.

Ben wont be suspended....he will be the starter week 1...And he's not going to be traded

I think they can develop Dixon into the #1 slot if needed. I hope that isn't the case though. But here we go fans another season with a B/S distraction hanging over our heads. Last years lawsuit isn't even disposed of yet and now this.

I would not trade Ben for any combination of first round picks or Peyton Manning himself.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Maybe thats why the brought in Randle EL for the QB position

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Maybe thats why the brought in Randle EL for the QB position
    I just can't wait till this stuff is dealt with and we can put this behind us.

Thats why I hate to say it but I like Tebow. Needs some time but would be a awsome QB for the steelers class act and a tough kid needs time and coaching.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

My Mood
    Addicted
    Randle El threw a better pass for a touchdown in superbowl 40 than Ben did Ben really has screwed the organization and himself what a @$$ hole, how stupid can u be, i hope the Commish suspends his @$$ for 4 games U have to send this @$$ hole a message on how to act in public, I believe Dixon can start the season off for us, There are no veteran QB's worth a dime out there... so u have to draft one and groom em...

Our 100 million dollar, 28 year old, two time Super Bowl winning quarterback is going no where. So far there is not enough evidence agaisnt him in either case for him to be suspended. He WILL be the starter come week 1 and it will stay that way. Drop it people, Ben isn't going anywhere.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information