Thread: Roethlisberger's official statement to the press

Bookmark and Share

Roethlisberger's official statement to the press

ben will make a statement at 7pm est on espn news 2nite

My Mood
    Addicted
    Thanks for the heads up.

--- Added 4/12/2010 at 06:08 PM ---

Ew..this may sound superficial..but Ben has let himself go since his rookie year. Bleh.

what was up with ben and the MULLET? lmao. god. and they just had bradshaw on and he said that ben got pissed at him when he told him not to ride the motorcycle. that ben doesn't like him and that he's learning to not like ben.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    what was up with ben and the MULLET? lmao. god. and they just had bradshaw on and he said that ben got pissed at him when he told him not to ride the motorcycle. that ben doesn't like him and that he's learning to not like ben.
    I was extremely surprised that Bradshaw came out and said that. I mean, I don't doubt it for a second, it was just very surprising to me.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I was extremely surprised that Bradshaw came out and said that. I mean, I don't doubt it for a second, it was just very surprising to me.
    i don't blame terry. from what i've heard, ben comes off as a cocky, arrogant jerk. great quarterback but not somebody for kids to look up to. if i had kids they wouldn't be wearing ben jerseys. polamalu. that guy is a class act on top of being an amazing player. that being said, i like ben as a player but not as a person. i'll still cheer for him on sundays but i'm not in a hurry to wear his jersey now even though i have 3. the details that came out from the DA make him look guilty of something. he definitely took advantage of the girl, wheter it was rape or not and it pisses me off

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Transcript of Ben's statement..

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...9-f78dae110af1

Ben Roethlisberger Statement

Posted 29 minutes ago

I'd like to begin by expressing gratitude for the thorough investigation process in Georgia and the Prosecutor's decision not to bring charges. I know without a doubt it is the right conclusion. I don't intend to discuss any details related to the events in Georgia. I am happy to put this behind me and move forward.

I am truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I have brought to my family, my teammates and coaches, the Rooneys and the NFL. I understand that the opportunities I have been blessed with are a privilege, and that much is expected of me as the quarterback of Pittsburgh Steelers. I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves, valued in the community and a role model to kids. I have much work to do to earn this trust, and I am committed to improving and showing everyone my true values.

I am excited to get back to work with my teammates, and I am more determined than ever to have a great season. I intend to make my family, friends and the Steeler Nation proud on all fronts.

Thank you. God Bless!

My Mood
    saints-hater
    From the looks and sounds of everything said today by Art Rooney in the statement he made it's pretty clear that Ben is going to be suspended for at least 2 games if not by Roger Goodell then the Steelers organization themselves. Ed Bouchette the Steelers Beat Writer who is usually very accurate with information confirmed this as well on the local news tonight saying that he expects Ben to be suspended by either the commissioner or the Rooney's themselves. Ive got no problem with this at all as Ive said before. It's no coincidence that they shipped Holmes out the same day that Ben comes out and makes a statement for the first time. I think it's Rooney's way of sending Ben a strong message that states either get your **** together or you will be next. Art Rooney sounds really ticked off about all of this and if Ben does one more stupid thing here anytime soon or anywhere down the line it would not surprise me in the very least if they get rid of Ben as well. With that all being said, Ben needs to be suspended and should be suspended for at least 2 games. He needs to have some kind of punishment handed to him to show him that he is no longer untouchable. The fact that Ben comes out at the end of this statement and says God Bless after wearing a shirt in Georgia the night of the incident that had a picture of Satan on it doesnt make me respect him too much as a person...However, at the end of the day the Steelers still do need Ben Roethlisberger to win football games and compete for Lombardi Trophy's. If Im Dennis Dixon Im already preparing myself to be the starter the first 2 games or so of the season seeing that Ben is probably going to face some sort of suspension...
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 04-12-2010 at 08:53 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think Ben should be suspended for not cutting his hair....He looked terrible out there....All that money and he looks like a bum...lol I'm really pissed that I have no use for my Holmes jersey now....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I think Ben should be suspended for not cutting his hair....He looked terrible out there....All that money and he looks like a bum...lol I'm really pissed that I have no use for my Holmes jersey now....lol
    ben DALTONberger. he's been watching roadhouse too much lmao

My Mood
    Addicted
    Atleast a few years ago he was a somewhat attrative *******.

What happened to that guy? ^^

Thread Information