Some notable DBs on the bench:

Joe Haden: 18 reps
    Devin McCourty: 16 reps
    Kyle Wilson: 25 reps
    Earl Thomas: 21 reps
    Eric Berry: 19 reps
    Taylor Mays: 24 reps
    Lucien Antoine: 28 reps

Kyle Wilson and Earl Thomas suprised me in a good way, Taylor Mays on the other hand suprised me in a not so good way...Seeing Earl Thomas put up 21 reps just really enhances my man-crush on him and just solidifies him as my favorite potential pick for the steelers....I know it doesnt really mean much but the fact that he put up more than Eric Berry and only 3 less than Taylor Mays makes me like him even more...

I was expecting more than 24 from Taylor Mays...He weighs 20+ more pounds than Earl Thomas and only put up 3 more reps? come on now....

Im really excited to see the DBs workout tomorrow....I just hope Earl Thomas doesnt raise his stock too much...I want him (in a non-gay way)

lol mays is a pussy....he was supposed to put on a show, i expected 30+ from him.

little kyle wilson benched more than him? too funny

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Weatherspoon

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i really think weatherspoon is gonna be our pick at this point
    Weatherspoon started to catch my eye at the Senior Bowl. I was impressed with his combine. I just wonder if he has to be taken at 18, or if we could trade back a few spots and still pick him. I would be very happy with a combo of Weatherspoon/Allen, or Thomas/Spikes with our first two picks.

My Mood
    Fight
    Why is it such a big deal someone can do 2 or three more reps than the other. I like earl thomas too but I think I'd rather have Berry. The combine is just only a small part of a player I want to see just l like Tebow he's had a freaking awsome combine but teams really don't know where to put him yet so that tells me he is a great athlete not a good QB. The combine is a show and tell show to up your stock for more money. Come today if they did it again for example Hayden might bench 21 and thomas might bench 20 sometimes it's in the how you are feeling and other stuff. Didn't bruce cambell bench more than some projected higher draft picks because even if he did I still would rather have the others.
    Last edited by Blazedby92; 03-02-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Weatherspoon started to catch my eye at the Senior Bowl. I was impressed with his combine. I just wonder if he has to be taken at 18, or if we could trade back a few spots and still pick him. I would be very happy with a combo of Weatherspoon/Allen, or Thomas/Spikes with our first two picks.
    He's looking good...

Starter
    i don't know enought about him yet, but here is a link to something saying he would be a perfect fit for us ... read under 3-2-10

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...010&genpos=OLB

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    After Haden's combine today, he may fall...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Weatherspoon

I thought he moved well and I was impressed with his combine. He looked like a guy who can both tackle and cover. In comparison, Mays looked real choppy in his strides and movements even though he ran really fast. Weatherspoon was amazingly fluid.

I would love something like a trade down and pick up Weatherspoon and an extra pick.

Regarding Mays, I guess Al Davis is laying awake at night thinking about Mays or some other specimen and wondering which one he should overdraft.

I think guys like Iupati and Mays could get drafted highly and others who fall to bottom half of first round may turn out to have better careers. No surprise there, it happens every year. I just don't want it to turn out to be us that get's the guy who was hyped and the other team who gets the guy who delivers.

Thread Information