Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Combine watch list

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Eris Olsen isnt that good....You keep pimpin him like he's Nick Mangold...He wont be picked before the 4-5th round...come on now...We get that you like him but lets be realistic....you must be a Notre Dame fan...(im not trying to call you out or be a d*ck)

And i can honestly say that I don't expect Bulaga to make it out of the top-15....there could easily be 4 tackles taken in the top 8....Im still hoping for Earl Thomas or that McClain falls to maybe 10-11 and we trade up...

Actually live and breath UF im in Fort Myers

We will see on Olsen i just like the attitude he has.... If Campbell and any other OL make the top 15 someone has to fall to us... Everyone cant take an OL...

Maybe we can get Campbell or Bulaga
    Last edited by coldrolled; 02-28-2010 at 08:19 AM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds

I agree on Thomas but......

Im still hoping for Earl Thomas or that McClain falls to maybe 10-11 and we trade up...

I would rather trade down and get Spikes than trade up for McClain.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Actually live and breath UF im in Fort Myers

We will see on Olsen i just like the atiude he has.... If Campbell and any other OL make the top 15 someone has to fall to us... Everyone cant take an OL...

Maybe we can get Campbell or Bulaga
    I hear you....you just went up a bit in my book haha....I'm a gators fan aswell...and I used to live in Ft. Myers, Naples, and Ocala(used to move a lot as a kid)...

I would be happy with Bulaga bit I would be extremely pissed if Bruce Campbell was the pick...I used to like him but he is just like Taylor Mays...he has all the physical tools to play LT(sh*t he could play Tight end too) but he's just not good...he looks so lost out there most of the time...he is ok in pass protection but is down right horrible in the run game...I wouldn't touch him in the first....I might not even take him before the third...he's just not good

Offensive Linemen who could be gone by #18.

2. Detroit - Russell Okung, Oklahoma State

5. Kansas City -Bryan Bulaga, Iowa

8. Oakland - Bruce Campbell, Maryland

9. Buffalo - Anthony Davis

13. San Francisco - Trent Williams

17. San Francisco - Mike Iupati

note: Washington (#2), Denver (#11), Seattle (#14), New York Giants (#15), and Tennessee (#16) could also be in the mix for either a tackle or Mike Iupati (Denver and Tennessee for Iupati)

It really looks like an offensive linemen in the first may be out of the question without trading up. I think Trent Williams is too much like Willie Colon, and isn't a good left tackle prospect. I think you almost have to cross him off the list. I think Anthony Davis may be the most likely to fall to us at this point. If he's there, I think he has to be the pick. Boom or bust though, seems to be a bit of an immature kid.

Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    Offensive Linemen who could be gone by #18.

2. Detroit - Russell Okung, Oklahoma State

5. Kansas City -Bryan Bulaga, Iowa

8. Oakland - Bruce Campbell, Maryland

9. Buffalo - Anthony Davis

13. San Francisco - Trent Williams

17. San Francisco - Mike Iupati

note: Washington (#2), Denver (#11), Seattle (#14), New York Giants (#15), and Tennessee (#16) could also be in the mix for either a tackle or Mike Iupati (Denver and Tennessee for Iupati)

It really looks like an offensive linemen in the first may be out of the question without trading up. I think Trent Williams is too much like Willie Colon, and isn't a good left tackle prospect. I think you almost have to cross him off the list. I think Anthony Davis may be the most likely to fall to us at this point. If he's there, I think he has to be the pick. Boom or bust though, seems to be a bit of an immature kid.
    if this happens, then we will have a good shot at some great Defensive Players.

plus if the rams pick a QB that will force another solid player toward the 18 pick.

--- Added 2/27/2010 at 08:58 PM ---

Rams are looking hard...

Rams to Meet With Bradford Tonight
    Howard Balzer of the St. Louis Globe-Democrat reports that Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford will meet with the St. Louis Rams tonight.

"Rams will meet with Sam Bradford tonight. Bradford came off poised and personable with the media today. He has 'it'", Balzer posted to Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    if this happens, then we will have a good shot at some great Defensive Players.

plus if the rams pick a QB that will force another solid player toward the 18 pick.

--- Added 2/27/2010 at 08:58 PM ---

Rams are looking hard...

Rams to Meet With Bradford Tonight
    Howard Balzer of the St. Louis Globe-Democrat reports that Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford will meet with the St. Louis Rams tonight.

"Rams will meet with Sam Bradford tonight. Bradford came off poised and personable with the media today. He has 'it'", Balzer posted to Twitter.
    Weather it's the Rams, Redskins, Seahawks, Bills, Broncos, or 49ers, Clausen and Bradford will both be drafted at some point prior to 18th.

G/T Mike Iupati: Idaho

I can't believe this guys gets mentioned as someone the steelers would take at 18. I think others noticed how poorly he showed at the senior bowl. I think Kansas City was hoping Brandon Albert was going to possibly become a tackle and they took him early too. How did that turn out for them? I think the fact that they appear to be targeting a tackle this year means things didn't go so well. I am not trying to say he stinks or anything, but we got to do better than that at 18.

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I can't believe this guys gets mentioned as someone the steelers would take at 18. I think others noticed how poorly he showed at the senior bowl. I think Kansas City was hoping Brandon Albert was going to possibly become a tackle and they took him early too. How did that turn out for them? I think the fact that they appear to be targeting a tackle this year means things didn't go so well. I am not trying to say he stinks or anything, but we got to do better than that at 18.
    Something everyone needs to realize about Mike Iupati is he is still learning English. The crash course these players go through in just one week of preparation at the Senior Bowl is tough for all the players. Immagine also struggling with the English. I would be a whole different case if he was in training camp, and then practice throughout the year.

Iupati really only struggled when he wasn't in his natural left guard position. At LG he played fine.

He is a top 20 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    I would rather trade down and get Spikes than trade up for McClain.
    if all these OL players go before #18

Earl will be there and a few other good defensive players for sure.
    I like the pick for Earl Thomas.

If only Haden is picked as the top CB. Is Wilson or Robinson worth the #18

I still think Mays will be a good player at Safety/ILB/ST

--- Added 2/28/2010 at 07:41 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    he is a guard.. a top one in the ratings.

do we need a guard?

or do we need a tackle and flex one of our tackles to a guard position?

Eris Olsen isnt that good....You keep pimpin him like he's Nick Mangold...He wont be picked before the 4-5th round...come on now...We get that you like him but lets be realistic....you must be a Notre Dame fan...(im not trying to call you out or be a d*ck)

And i can honestly say that I don't expect Bulaga to make it out of the top-15....there could easily be 4 tackles taken in the top 8....Im still hoping for Earl Thomas or that McClain falls to maybe 10-11 and we trade up...
    Hey, Center Eric Olsen showed up with the bigs guys in the bench press and vertical jump.

just say'in

#52 - Center - Olsen...

Thread Information