Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combine 2010

Bookmark and Share

Combine 2010

So, as the first numbers roll in from the 2010 combine, i thought i would create a topic about it

a few o-line stats:

Bruce Campbell OT from Maryland was the most impressive looking OT according to my sources.

Charles Brown, USC
    college: 6-5, 292
    actual: 6-5 3/8, 303
    arm: 35 1/4

Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
    college: 6-6, 312
    actual: 6-5 3/8, ?
    arm: 33 1/4 (short arms!!)

Bruce Campbell, Maryland
    college: 6-7, 310
    actual 6-6 3/8, 314
    arm: 36 1/4

Anthony Davis, Rutgers
    college: 6-6, 325
    actual: 6-5, 323
    arm: 34

Trent Williams, Oklahoma State
    college: 6-5, 318
    actual: 6-4 5/8, 315
    arm: 34 1/4

note that i found this on a twitter, so its not official.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

like i said in the other thread i am not the biggest bruce campbell fan but he weighed in at 315 pounds with 36 1/2 inch arms.....also known as ridiculous. his size and athleticism is scary and hes so lean, he looks more like vernon davis than a LT and hes 65 pounds heavier

charles brown is instantly in the william beatty conversation now, he went from 285 to 303....impressive

Combine will be the Bruce Campbell / Taylor Mays show as you said. Im really interested in how both will perform tho. Mostly Bruce Campbell because there is no doubt in my mind that Taylor Mays will own badly, get drafted early and fail.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Since I saw this thread I thought you guys might want to read this......So here you go.....

Here is a look at 10 players about whom the Steelers have interest and will seek answers, at the combine:

• NT Terrence Cody: Alabama ... He is a load in the middle (6 feet 5, 365 pounds) and his conditioning always will be an issue. But, when he wants to play, he is almost impossible to move.

• ILB Rolando McClain: Alabama ... At 6 feet 4, 258 pounds, he is the best inside backer in the draft and could slip as far as the 15th overall pick. That means the Steelers might not have to move up far to get him.

• DE Jared Odrick: Penn State ... A prototypical Steelers lineman who can play the three-technique or five-technique. Plays and looks a lot like Aaron Smith -- stuffing the run while collapsing the pocket.

• CB Joe Haden: Florida ... It's not a good year for cornerbacks, but Haden, who will skip his senior season, likely is the best. The Steelers need someone who can play immediately. They don't need more depth.

• ILB Sean Weatherspoon: Missouri ... At 6-2, 242 pounds, he is not as big as McClain, but he likely is quicker and a little more athletic and will be available. Lined behind Ziggy Hood with the Tigers.

• G/T Mike Iupati: Idaho ... The Steelers need a stud who can come in and play immediately on the offensive line, and Iupati, who opened eyes at the Senior Bowl, could be the guy. He also can play two positions, which the Steelers love.

• WR Golden Tate: Notre Dame ... A tough Hines Ward-type receiver with even more athletic skills who would eventually be Ward's replacement.

• OLB Navorro Bowman: Penn State ... In case you haven't noticed, there isn't a lot of depth at outside linebacker. And James Harrison will be 32 next season.

• DE Corey Wootton: Northwestern ... At 6 feet 6, 280 pounds, he can play defensive end in the 4-3 or 3-4 defense. Appears to have recovered from a knee injury at the end of his junior season.

• G Mike Johnson: Alabama ... Not a first-round pick, but the Steelers could get him on the second or possibly even third round. At 6 feet 6, 305 pounds, he also has the position flexibility to play tackle.

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/10056/1038481 ... z0gYyjDy5l

No Earl Thomas mentioned? Guess that means they are pretty high on Clark still... Bleh!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    No Earl Thomas mentioned? Guess that means they are pretty high on Clark still... Bleh!
    Unless all of that is a smoke screen and the Steelers don't want to tip their hand on Thomas.....I also think safety is a really deep position this year.....

Nate Allen from South Florida could be around in the 2nd round....Steelers might have to trade up to get him though....

Major Wright from Flordia, TJ Ward from Oregon, Chad Jones from LSU, Robert Johnson from Utah, and of course Myron Rolle are all safties I like in rounds 2-5........

How many draft picks are the steelers getting anyone knows. Are they only getting 7 at pick 18

Starter
    whoever the FS we bring in just please let it be a centerfielder .. no need for a FS in 2010 and beyond who cannot cover - some overhyped candidates come to mind in this class who cannot cover ..

Follow all the happenings and results of the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine with the NFLDraftSpot Combine Blog. Results will be constantly updated throughout the combine as they come in.

http://www.nfldraftspot.com/news-and...n/combine.html

Here's the unofficial 40 times for the offensive linemen

http://www.nfldraftspot.com/news-and...n-results.html

Thread Information