Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coaches should have followed Pats strategy

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Coaches should have followed Pats strategy

When the Pats won their super bowls, they didn't remain largely unchanged. They brought in new faces, fresh young talent, they released & traded players, and went about defending their title in a proactive manner instead of sitting on their laurels like we did. Our team has been largely unchanged for years now. Granted you're not going to get rid of players like Hines, Ben, Porter, Hampton, Faneca, Polamalu, etc., but looking at this team its amazing how much the front office and coaches just left well enough alone and didn't bother really trying to improve this team this past offseason.

Competition breeds excellence but there has been very little competition in our training camps for starting roster spots for years now. That much as got to change this offseason IMO.

Pats strategy? Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about how the Steelers should become a dirty team that depends on their kicker to win games. Oops.

BTW, how can I get it to say "#1 Patsies Hater" under my name like you have?
    Last edited by SteelerFan87; 11-29-2006 at 11:07 AM.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Well first we need to figure out what the heck Cowher is doing. Then we can go about bringing in competiton. Hopefully with this down year. Everyone will come into camp hungry and focused from day one.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

The FO has had us all They have been doing things since training camp that is out of the ordinary... maybe they should start reading what the fans have to say because we have all the answers for them and where things need to improve

It sounded good at the beginning of the year that the Steelers were returning 19 of the 22 starters but now since we have seen 11 games it wasn't such a good idea anymore. The competition in camp and knowing you could lose your job at given moment is a must because it keeps you on your toes!Can't be doing this patty cake stuff saying midweek Ike isn't starting then come Sunday he is... put him on the bench let him think about it!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    Pats strategy? Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about how the Steelers should become a dirty team that depends on their kicker to win games. Oops.

BTW, how can I get it to say "#1 Patsies Hater" under my name like you have?
    You should be able to purchase the option in the plaza 87.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    How many times in Cowher 15 year history have we just kept bringing back the same team year after year, then only after we had a losing season or just strugged and lost in the playoffs did we make more changes the following year. Being proactive in improving ourselves is the logical way to go, and the smart way. Just as Bellichek and his 3 super bowl rings.

Ah, but see, the Patriots don't change their roster in order to have a good team, they get rid of guys because Comrade Kraft is a cheap bastard.

i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    the spurs are the same way, everytime we win a championship we keep the team and don't improve while the rest of the league gets better, that's why we have never repeated
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    Ah, but see, the Patriots don't change their roster in order to have a good team, they get rid of guys because Comrade Kraft is a cheap bastard.
    Yes he is a definately cheap but they lost alot of players to FA, trades, but they also changed up their roster just enough to keep fresh players in there but more importantly they stayed focused.

Well, they had an off year after their first super bowl too, so I'd wait to see how the Steelers respond to this season first.

Thread Information