Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Steelers Mock

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

My Steelers Mock

I know I'm a Miami fan, but after talking to SF, I thought I would make this.

Draft-
    Round 1: Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss
    Round 2: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
    Round 3: Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State
    Round 4: Travarous Bain, CB, Hampton
    Round 5: Samson Satele, OG, Hawaii
    Round 6: Daniel Inman, OT, Georgia
    Round 7: Dallas Sartz, LB, USC

FA-
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Steelers look towards guys like Adalius Thomas and Asante Samuel.

Keep in mind, I don't know too much about the Steelers, so constructive criticism is welcome.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I would love to see Samuel but I don't see that happening. I like the positions you drafted WB. I'll have to do a bit more research on each player though.

Thanks a ton for posting your mock up for us to discuss though!

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    I would love to see Samuel but I don't see that happening. I like the positions you drafted WB. I'll have to do a bit more research on each player though.

Thanks a ton for posting your mock up for us to discuss though!
    No problem SF. I'd be more than happy to share my thoughts on each player if you would like.

I must say, as far as positions, your mock draft is pretty much perfect. Like SF, I don't really know enough about those specific players though.

For a LB, I was thinking Paul Poslusny or HB Blades would be good, mostly because I've seen them play. For a RB in the 3rd round, I'd say Brian Leonard from Rutgers would be a better choice for the Steelers than Hunt, because we don't need a new feature back, we need a new big power back, plus I'd be surprised if Hunt would fall to the 3rd round. As for the CB, Tavarous Bain, is he tall? Because that's the kind of Corner we need. And I like the O-linemen in the mid-late rounds for some depth.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    I must say, as far as positions, your mock draft is pretty much perfect. Like SF, I don't really know enough about those specific players though.

For a LB, I was thinking Paul Poslusny or HB Blades would be good, mostly because I've seen them play. For a RB in the 3rd round, I'd say Brian Leonard from Rutgers would be a better choice for the Steelers than Hunt, because we don't need a new feature back, we need a new big power back, plus I'd be surprised if Hunt would fall to the 3rd round. As for the CB, Tavarous Bain, is he tall? Because that's the kind of Corner we need. And I like the O-linemen in the mid-late rounds for some depth.
    Well, if the Juniors (Lynch and Peterson) declare, it is likely that Hunt can fall to the third round. He's got real good size at 6'2" and 230 lbs., which is just 5 lbs. lighter than Leonard. Also, Leonard is most likely going to be a FB in the NFL. As for Posluszny and Blades, I like both of them, but I feel Willis is a game changer. He's got great game speed and roams the field well. I'm sure with the right scheme, he can become a solid blitzer as well. Travarous Bain is only 6'0", but he's fast. He ran track at Miami (Fl.) before transferring to Hampton.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I like those positions you addressed as well, nice job ! I'd like to see us get some more depth at OL alittle earlier than the 4th round, perhaps the 3rd, but I haven't done enough research for 2007's class yet to see how deep the draft is at each position.

House of Steel
    I haven't done any research on any of those players, but what you have on your mock is a perfect lineup of the needs we need to address in the offseason. You did a wonderful job of planning. I wish you could talk to the FO and Cowher about this darn plan. Of course, you be overruled the way things have been going.

I gotta agree with SF87.. I think you addressed all the key holes that the Steelers are going to have come draft time! I would like to see more write ups on each of these guys.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Being that we will being drafting in the top 10, We should be able to get some pretty decent players
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Waterboy
    Alright, I will give my thoughts on the players I have going a bit later.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thread Information